Doms Turbo Truck Build V.87.2

Thanks Guys, plans are for Drag Week in September which is well over 1000 miles in 4-5 days.

as far as i know it's still going to be street legal... in SC that doesn't equate to much, eitherl... lights and blinkers, lol...

but leaving the hitch in case he has to tow something... that's fantastic :D :D

DSC_2232.JPG

In this picture I noticed that you have the intercooler spaced forwards, dont you have clearance issues with the grille and intercooler? Did you alter or move something to rectify this?

This intercooler is not as thick as the one in your kit, at the time I wasnt making intercoolers so Doms is a highly modded diesel piece and needed the spacers to look correct. I bet it weighs over 75#'s, its incredibly heavy duty.
Justin

Finally its a roller again!!! Hoping to make the caliper adapters in the next couple days as well as set the final ride height. Ill rescale to get the front/rear weight distribution and a more accurate weight. Last weigh in was 3600#'s as you see in the pics plus all the seats, carpet, wheels/tires, brakes, etc. all on the scales (basically only missing fascias, tailgate, sheet aluminum tonneau cover, and engine management). Ill be scaling a Procharged RC Ram SRT10 also to compare to BTW. Second pic shows how light his truck has gotten, it has a 2" drop control arm and a much lighter than stock spring and it still sits that tall in the front!

6940236921_ca90902efd_z.jpg

6940238709_b21a29fa6f_z.jpg

Justin

Last edited:
Looking really good Justin... Props!!!!

This intercooler is not as thick as the one in your kit, at the time I wasnt making intercoolers so Doms is a highly modded diesel piece and needed the spacers to look correct. I bet it weighs over 75#'s, its incredibly heavy duty.
Justin

What mods did you have to do to the diesel intercooler Justin? I'm using a diesel intercooler ( out of an '05) also,is there any restriction in them??

Justin are you taking a lot of pics? Please tell me they are also high resolution. I will need it for the video.;)

Ive got a few decent pics, ive been taking alot of pics.

What mods did you have to do to the diesel intercooler Justin? I'm using a diesel intercooler ( out of an '05) also,is there any restriction in them??

His is an aftermarket one, the bottom tanks are changed quite a bit to fit in the frame. I think the OEM ones can be restrictive at higher power levels, but dont know the specs on them.

Justin

Dang.......

Brad, tell me your doing a video of.... "The Build"

I have 92 of the earlier build pics

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back