Drag Week

Confirmed: Dom's truck pushed a head gasket. They are working to get it fixed now. Sounds like it's a case of SuperVENOMOUS1 to the rescue :D

Let's hope no further damage on tear down. fingers crossed.

Any updates on Dom's truck?

Not that I can overnight to Texas. I will just pull my motor tonight and drive the block down to them.

The block is toast. Don't know what they are going to do. You don't happens to have an SRT10 block in stock, do you?

That really blows. Hope they can get it back together soon. Has been a long build progress for them so I know they are bummed.

I am impressed by that Talon that just went 11.1

Just found this, starts to be interesting at minute 2:13 :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5dRuUkQwU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Drag Week 2012 Hot Rod Magazine Tulsa - YouTube[/ame]

Really an impressive build !

Hopefully the story goes on !

So Drag Week is over for Dom and Justin. That takes the excitement out of it.

So Drag Week is over for Dom and Justin. That takes the excitement out of it.

Will see. Knowing Dom he is just f*ckin with us and the truck will be up and running later today. He is going back and fourth with me via text and being very non chalant lol

I hope he is bs'ing you and we see that truck in the 8s before the end of the week.

When the gasket blew it put a spot on the block at the sleeve that will need to be repaired. Obviously not the results we wanted but that's part of racing and pushing the limits. This won't be our last drag week, it's an awesome event. Big thanks to Scott for all the help.
Justin

Sorry to hear the bad news/ what kid of boost were you running an timming

When the gasket blew it put a spot on the block at the sleeve that will need to be repaired. Obviously not the results we wanted but that's part of racing and pushing the limits. This won't be our last drag week, it's an awesome event. Big thanks to Scott for all the help.
Justin

Nice finally meeting you and Dom and seeing the beast y'all put together! It's different leaning on the worlds fastest SRT10 than reading about it. Y'all are both stand up cats! Glad I was there to help and wish it were as simple as the parts I went to retrieve.
I gained a newfound respect for door slammer "fastest street cars and trucks in the nation! To race a 1000-2400 hp car/truck at 5 tracks with a 1500 mile route planned during the course, takes a lot of teamwork, dedication, innovation, and perseverance. Dom is by far not the only one that broke down. After getting a uhaul and trailer at least 3 other cars owners came up asking where they got it as they broke shtuff too that ended their race :(
Met many fine folks with awesome rides and once again, to see Dom and Justin's work on his 10 in person was worth every minute.

Next year there may well be another SRT10....a QC....participating in a much smaller class during drag week ;)

Anybody going to be watching today?

I already have the link up, will be in and out of the office most of the morning though. Actually have to work a little today.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfFQrQdpxk&feature=player_embedded]Hot Rod Drag Week Day 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I am going to be sad when this week is over. I have been looking forward to this every morning.

MG_4483.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back