Driverside turn signal HELP!

You are an example of a customer we dont want. Let me ask you, why are returning to dealerships if you dont trust them? Seems to me if I dont trust someone, I don't go to them. But that's me.

I'm sure the several modifications to your truck have nothing to do with your problem??

I was just trying to help you out.

Right on brother.

For the record Mopar Connection this was not an attack on you and thanks for the advice. I guess its easy for other members to go on the attack without knowing others legitimate personal experiences and the fact that it only takes one bad event to leave a sour taste. Didn't start this thread to insult anyone nor did I direct it towards anyone on here. Thanks for everyone's interest.

I wasnt attacking you either just in case you thought that. I just like reading stories from other people that work at dealers that hear the same dumb shit I do everyday. :D

I have generally good experience with dealers. I find that if u get a chance to know the mechanic and they you things go better. Otherwise a service writer is translating what you said and I think a lot gets lost there.

However, I had a horrible experience with a Mazda dealer who I brought a vehicle in for a leaky oil pan gasket that a blind man could see. They told me it was blow by from me cracking the oil filter housing. Charged me $130 bucks for a diagnostic fee and wiped all of the oil off the car. I even brought it back and they continued their ridiculous lies. The car was 2 years old with 17,000 on it, warranty.work It got resolved by taking it up with Mazda and then to another dealer who stated what I did, leaky oil pan gasket. Mazda then gave me back the money and many apologies.

Point is, there are good people and shit bags. Same goes for dealerships or any businesses for that matter.

Just saying is all.

Last edited:
I have worked wt dealerships for the last two years. And I can honestly say that I have never seen a car get purposely screwed with. But I have seen mechanics leave out bolts or not clip something together etc etc..then go on to say oh the customer will never see this or notice this.

But what I do see EVERYDAY is mechanics ripping people off on customer pay jobs. Something that lliterally takes them 30 minutes to do and they charge the customer for 4 hours worth of labor.

To me that is stealing. People bring their cars to dealerships to get fixed because the customer does not know how to fix it. They put trust into dealerships and get ripped off everyday.

The mechanics excuse is well I have to make up for warrenty work. Bitch if you wouod stop flapping your jaws and bitching about warrenty work you wouldnt have to rip people off

I have worked wt dealerships for the last two years. And I can honestly say that I have never seen a car get purposely screwed with. But I have seen mechanics leave out bolts or not clip something together etc etc..then go on to say oh the customer will never see this or notice this.

But what I do see EVERYDAY is mechanics ripping people off on customer pay jobs. Something that lliterally takes them 30 minutes to do and they charge the customer for 4 hours worth of labor.

To me that is stealing. People bring their cars to dealerships to get fixed because the customer does not know how to fix it. They put trust into dealerships and get ripped off everyday.

The mechanics excuse is well I have to make up for warrenty work. Bitch if you wouod stop flapping your jaws and bitching about warrenty work you wouldnt have to rip people off

HAHA mechanics always remember getting screwed on warranty work but never remeber that last hook up you let them flag as the hourly guy did the work.

Point is there are good and bad people everywhere. A lot of you on this site work at dealers and you would not be here if you did not care, especially with some of the posts I have seen over the years.

I had a bad experience with a dealer but don't walk into another going, "Here we go, going to get screwed again by the A-holes!" It is not fair and biased to think that way.

Anyway, this thread is so hijacked the poster as well start a new one. :D

Turn signals anyone???

Guys, a while back I took my truck into a dodge dealership to diagnose a problem I was having and as usual my truck left the dealer with one more problem than what it went in for. My turn signals worked perfectly and also the hazards because I turned them on when the truck was towed in. The day I picked up my truck from the dealer I was on my way home and noticed that my turn driver turn signal was blinking rapidly. This was not and issue before I took it in. Well today I finally got around to checking to see if the bulb was blown and put in a new one. Bulb was fine, so I checked with a test light to see when the turn signal was activated if I had power, nothing again. I didn't blink when I put the probe into the connector so I tested the wire before the plug and no power going to connector. Looked in the fuse box to check to see if there was a turn signal fuse and only found parking light fuse. Mind you the parking light on that side works, but no fuse for turn signal. Does anyone else know what I can do or check? I remember there being an extended warranty on out turn signal switch because of some weird issue where you would put the driver turn signal on but the passenger side would blink and vise versa. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the dealer is trying to get some extra work!!!!!!! F'ed up!!!!!! Can't stand stealerships!!!! :/

I found a an old TSB, that may be what you are referring to, however it does not apply to our trucks. It is an issue with the Front Control module which can present itself with weird lighting problems.

In going through the SM I saw the directional signals are tied to the FCM, so I looked up the part# and then Googled it on the internets. The park lamps are separate and have a fuse.

Here is the part# for the FCM, 56051036AD, it is what led me to the TSB. This is a $212 guess. I'm not a betting man...

I am not saying this is the problem. Dig around for a copy of the SM and look at the electrical section. You have to start testing for shorts to ground, f'd up wiring, etc. I would not spend $212 unless you're pretty damn sure that was the culprit.

http://www.Xkjeeps.Com/TSB/tsb_xk_0806005.Pdf

Last edited:
I have generally good experience with dealers. I find that if u get a chance to know the mechanic and they you things go better. Otherwise a service writer is translating what you said and I think a lot gets lost there.

However, I had a horrible experience with a Mazda dealer who I brought a vehicle in for a leaky oil pan gasket that a blind man could see. They told me it was blow by from me cracking the oil filter housing. Charged me $130 bucks for a diagnostic fee and wiped all of the oil off the car. I even brought it back and they continued their ridiculous lies. The car was 2 years old with 17,000 on it, warranty.work It got resolved by taking it up with Mazda and then to another dealer who stated what I did, leaky oil pan gasket. Mazda then gave me back the money and many apologies.

Point is, there are good people and shit bags. Same goes for dealerships or any businesses for that matter.

Just saying is all.

I couldn't agree more. I agree not all dealerships are bad. I have just had numerous bad experiences at some of them. I guess most down in Miami area are bad and I haven't come across a trust worthy one yet. I have plenty of friends who have come across many bad experiences here as well. Whats funny is Im at work rt now and a police officer who comes and frequents the fire house was reading my thread and he started rambling on about situations that have occurred at them where he has personally experienced situations that were shadey. Anyway I didnt mean for this topic to get veered to where it did or else I would have posted in the offensive section so if we could just get back on track and let it be water under the bridge. I appreciate everyones input ideas. Thanks

on a side note, did you ever get your turn signals figured out??

No... I'm gonna be having someone that has the specific device to reset the tipm module look at it and see whats going on. Got a little advice from another member who pm'd me that said that they must have tripped something at the dealer and that it's most likely a problem that can be reset in the tipm module.

I found a an old TSB, that may be what you are referring to, however it does not apply to our trucks. It is an issue with the Front Control module which can present itself with weird lighting problems.

In going through the SM I saw the directional signals are tied to the FCM, so I looked up the part# and then Googled it on the internets. The park lamps are separate and have a fuse.

Here is the part# for the FCM, 56051036AD, it is what led me to the TSB. This is a $212 guess. I'm not a betting man...

I am not saying this is the problem. Dig around for a copy of the SM and look at the electrical section. You have to start testing for shorts to ground, f'd up wiring, etc. I would not spend $212 unless you're pretty damn sure that was the culprit.

http://www.Xkjeeps.Com/TSB/tsb_xk_0806005.Pdf

I have an 06 srt and the 06 and up rams have a tipm (totally integrated power module) 05's and below don't have this. from what I have heard this could very well be the problem and not an open ground or short especially since it just happened out of the clear after leaving at dealer. Was told that maybe during diagnosis that they tripped something in the tipm. Thanks

Whoops! I missed the giant Red font in your sig on what model year your truck is.

ON just one more quick note guys. I dont come on here bashing or purposely offending anyone and didnt intend for this thread to do that. With that said I appreciate the same respect unless I directly face ,call you out or disrespect you. Of course I cannot control members taking things out of context and taking things personal by which no means were meant for them. I dont appreciate the rude responses that i recieved when this thread was started with no bad intent. Thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back