Driverside turn signal HELP!

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, a while back I took my truck into a dodge dealership to diagnose a problem I was having and as usual my truck left the dealer with one more problem than what it went in for. My turn signals worked perfectly and also the hazards because I turned them on when the truck was towed in. The day I picked up my truck from the dealer I was on my way home and noticed that my turn driver turn signal was blinking rapidly. This was not and issue before I took it in. Well today I finally got around to checking to see if the bulb was blown and put in a new one. Bulb was fine, so I checked with a test light to see when the turn signal was activated if I had power, nothing again. I didn't blink when I put the probe into the connector so I tested the wire before the plug and no power going to connector. Looked in the fuse box to check to see if there was a turn signal fuse and only found parking light fuse. Mind you the parking light on that side works, but no fuse for turn signal. Does anyone else know what I can do or check? I remember there being an extended warranty on out turn signal switch because of some weird issue where you would put the driver turn signal on but the passenger side would blink and vise versa. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Looks like the dealer is trying to get some extra work!!!!!!! F'ed up!!!!!! Can't stand stealerships!!!! :/

I doubt the dealer had anything to do with it.

you may need to check to make sure you dont have a short anywhere in the wire, causing the TIPM to shut off power

there is not a fuse, the TIPM probably just needs reset. again check for a short to ground

you may need to check to make sure you dont have a short anywhere in the wire, causing the TIPM to shut off power

there is not a fuse, the TIPM probably just needs reset. again check for a short to ground

There was no problem until it went to the dealer. I know for a fact that it was working and whatever happened to it happened at the dealer

I find it so surprising to see people like you stick around and try and give help to people that play the blame game on the dealerships.

I also work at a dealership, not automotive, but I witness stuff like this all the time. People bring something in for one thing, then when they pick it up they blame you for something else. When we know for a fact we had nothing to do with the "mysterious" problem, and (typically) they do as well and are just trying to rip you off.

For you to give the help and answers you do and then get pushed aside and listen to all the bs, then to do it again the next day on here, hats off to you ;)

I find it so surprising to see people like you stick around and try and give help to people that play the blame game on the dealerships.

I also work at a dealership, not automotive, but I witness stuff like this all the time. People bring something in for one thing, then when they pick it up they blame you for something else. When we know for a fact we had nothing to do with the "mysterious" problem, and (typically) they do as well and are just trying to rip you off.

For you to give the help and answers you do and then get pushed aside and listen to all the bs, then to do it again the next day on here, hats off to you ;)

thanks, no worries... I've been doing this now for 17years. I hear this shit everyday!!! i can honestly say in th 17years working for Dodge i have never once seen a technician sabotoge a vehicle. I will always call BS!

There was no problem until it went to the dealer. I know for a fact that it was working and whatever happened to it happened at the dealer

my grandmother was fine until she died!

shit happens all the time.. the last thing i need at my dealership is a truck that just left. most dealers are booked for several days in advance, we dont need the extra work

He has given you the answers you need and instead of saying thank you, you turn around and basically flip the middle finger and say "it's the dealers fault"......is the purpose of this thread to help figure out the problem or point a finger?

I'm surprised Mr.Moparconnection even gives a shit to spend his quality time and help when people act like this, to sit back and read all these comments "stealerships" "as usual it left with a additional problem" bla bla bla.

I dunno, maybe you have to be in the trade and be on the other side when people start pointing fingers. It's super fucking annoying. One day he's gonna up and say fuck us all and leave, then the "valid" technical advise when we need it is gone.

Get your multimeter out and check for a short to ground......do you have a multimeter???? Do you know what a short to ground is????

thanks, no worries... I've been doing this now for 17years. I hear this shit everyday!!! i can honestly say in th 17years working for Dodge i have never once seen a technician sabotoge a vehicle. I will always call BS!

I hear ya, everyone thinks everyone else is out to rip them off. What drives me even more crazy is when someone comes in or calls with a question, you give the answer, and then they tell you that your wrong. Like WTF, I know the machines we deal with inside and out and your going to tell me I am wrong? Then why the hell did you call me if your so damn intelligent?

Another great one is calling in for parts without even having a clue the make or model, then they tell you that the part is all the same on all models........

I hear ya, everyone thinks everyone else is out to rip them off. What drives me even more crazy is when someone comes in or calls with a question, you give the answer, and then they tell you that your wrong. Like WTF, I know the machines we deal with inside and out and your going to tell me I am wrong? Then why the hell did you call me if your so damn intelligent?

Another great one is calling in for parts without even having a clue the make or model, then they tell you that the part is all the same on all models........

I've been in the parts business for 12 years now and it drives me nuts when people have no clue in the world what year, make, model car they are driving. Or what motor is in it. I'm sorry, but if you have a driver's license you should at least know what you are driving on a daily basis. But get mad at you when they get the wrong parts. Really?? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep, I gotta add my 2 cents and say thanks for all of the offered help.

This is great! I also work at a dealer (motorcycles) lets start an official "Retarted customers" thread. I just did an oil change on a Suzuki Gsxr-1000, customer comes back 30 minutes later with a F.I. code for throttle bodies. Has nothing to do with an oil change but try explaining that to someone who just paid you to work on their bike.

I took my 10 to a dealer to get my headlight fluid changed, when I got it back my exhaust didnt work and all my change was stolen. Also I know FOR A FACT that they did donuts and burnouts in it because it had 2 extra miles than when I dropped it off. :D

I could tell stories for a entire year about the shit that people have tried to pull on me and my dealership.

I deal with farmers, they are super cheap and very creative. We basically have to inspect a unit for what does and doesn't work before we do any major repairs.

For example, before we split a tractor to do a clutch we need to check things like A/C, fuel gauges, temp gauges, lights, etc. Then when they come back a day later (or same day they pick it up) and say the lights aren't working or fuel gauge doesn't work, we can confidently tell them we checked it and it didn't work before. It's also a good way to upsell too, because now you call them and see if they want it repaired.

One specific one that stands out, years ago back when I was about 17 or 18 I did a over/under transmission on a White 2-135. Customer picks it up and says its making a different sound and asked if we would listen to it. I listened to it and (the floor of the cab is removed so the transmission is right there) and tell him it's gear lash and the sound is normal but it's amplified because the floor boards are missing. He looks at me and says "your wrong and way to young to know anything". The manager comes out, listens and says the exact same thing to him (without the manager and I talking in the meantime). He believes the manager, but didn't believe me.

Funny thing is the transmission that was making the gear lash noise is not the transmission that I even worked on, it was behind the over/under.

i get that ALL the time, tell a customer something and he doesnt believe you, mechanic come out and says the same damn thing and BOOM its believable!

Ok! Well lets just back up here a moment before you put your two cents in when you have no idea what my personal experience has been at dealerships and have had ex mechanics come up who have worked at dealerships and tell me what kind of stuff goes on. It's a money game and sometimes the work they put in doesn't pay them shit so other things have to supposedly come up to be able to make up. I have personally sued a dealership for 15k and they had to keep the vehicle because two of the service technicians were saying that things were broken that weren't and every time my car went in I would have it a couple days and find something else wrong! I don't need to justify to anyone y I feel the way I do but I do have facts of what does occur a lot more than you may want to acknowledge! You really think that all dealership service centers are little angles that do nothing wrong and don't try to make every penny possible! If you do then you are wrong! Don't wanna burst the bubble you live in so ill leave it at that. I know there are plenty of members who have shared and experience the like. They have showed plenty of investigations on shows like 60 minutes that show the exact opposite of what you are preaching, so before you come on here and comment on anything and get on the defensive please look at it from the customers side and know facts as to why we have our theory's.

Lets no forget that stealership service centers are not in the business to fix vehicle because they just wanna be nice. It's in bussiness for profits! It only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch. I just really can't believe that u expect us to believe that shit like this doesn't go on especially knowing that I'm not the only one who has sued a major dealership for fraudulent service schemes!

Last edited:

I had the same thing happen to my truck,but then again it was in my front yard,not at a dealership.then a wonderfull thing happened it started working again all by its self.

I had the same thing happen to my truck,but then again it was in my front yard,not at a dealership.then a wonderfull thing happened it started working again all by its self.

No such luck here.

Ok! Well lets just back up here a moment before you put your two cents in when you have no idea what my personal experience has been at dealerships and have had ex mechanics come up who have worked at dealerships and tell me what kind of stuff goes on. It's a money game and sometimes the work they put in doesn't pay them shit so other things have to supposedly come up to be able to make up. I have personally sued a dealership for 15k and they had to keep the vehicle because two of the service technicians were saying that things were broken that weren't and every time my car went in I would have it a couple days and find something else wrong! I don't need to justify to anyone y I feel the way I do but I do have facts of what does occur a lot more than you may want to acknowledge! You really think that all dealership service centers are little angles that do nothing wrong and don't try to make every penny possible! If you do then you are wrong! Don't wanna burst the bubble you live in so ill leave it at that. I know there are plenty of members who have shared and experience the like. They have showed plenty of investigations on shows like 60 minutes that show the exact opposite of what you are preaching, so before you come on here and comment on anything and get on the defensive please look at it from the customers side and know facts as to why we have our theory's.

You are an example of a customer we dont want. Let me ask you, why are returning to dealerships if you dont trust them? Seems to me if I dont trust someone, I don't go to them. But that's me.

I'm sure the several modifications to your truck have nothing to do with your problem??

I was just trying to help you out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back