dropped!

BIGINJUN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to drop truck, don't know which is better. Have 2" blocks for rear but am undecided on front. Can go with 2" spindle drop which would keep current springs, shocks or go with kit that replace springs etc. Do not want to open door for future maintenance problems as truck is a driver/garage queen. Put on 8-10k per year & I don't want to be in alignment shop every time I turn around, you know what I mean? Truck is an 05 RC. Had 2" blocks in rear but replaced with 1" cuz truck had reverse rake(goin uphill) w/o doing front drop. currently running 305/40/22 BFG KDW, but have set of Falken 305/45/22 on stock rims. KDWS seem to be 1/2" or so shorter & give a small drop as is. I know spindle drop will cost more but am looking at longterm troublefree results. How has ride quality changed as a result of dropping truck for those that have done this?

i would vote for the 2" drop on the assend & a pair of Stinker's front springs. they are made for our truck & everyone has loved them.

a set of Stinker's poly bushins would be a great update also & P/S lines help steerin responce & no leaks

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

love my BFG's:rock:

ZCx said:
i would vote for the 2" drop on the assend & a pair of Stinker's front springs. they are made for our truck & everyone has loved them.

a set of Stinker's poly bushins would be a great update also & P/S lines help steerin responce & no leaks

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

love my BFG's:rock:
:dito: :dito:

Hey Bud ..... mines a 2004 RC and this is what I did, and here's a pic or two after the drop .... 2.5" blocks rear, 1.5" spring drop front. I think it looks pretty good right there unless ya start doing some crazy stuff .... like notch frames and bags, spindles and stuff.
TOTM-2.jpg

New2-8-2010sm.jpg

New1-8-2010sm.jpg

Jim

Don't have the 10 anymore,but I tried two different kits (McGauhy's & X Metal) and really was never quite fond of either !!! Didn't try Stinkers kit,but from the sounds of it I should have !!!!:rock:

I have Stinker's kit on my 06 RC. Even though the front spring rates are higher, the truck rides better. :D :D

oldcolt said:
I have Stinker's kit on my 06 RC. Even though the front spring rates are higher, the truck rides better. :D :D

higher spring rate meanin a bit firmer ride:dontknow: :rock:

bigredv10 said:
Those pictures are VERY NICE! LOOKS GREAT BRO!!

Thanks Bud ......... Brother Stink hooked me up with the drop, then during the drop I called him with a question and he gave me precise instruction on how to gain another 1/2 degree of caster, or was it camber, whatever ....... Stinks da man ....

Jim

JimTeTe said:
Thanks Bud ......... Brother Stink hooked me up with the drop, then during the drop I called him with a question and he gave me precise instruction on how to gain another 1/2 degree of caster, or was it camber, whatever ....... Stinks da man ....

Jim
:p :p :p camber hehehehe

JimTeTe said:

Jim

haha - so did i, i called him with the same Question "among other things" thanks Tony for always being there

VIPER said:
haha - so did i, i called him with the same Question "among other things" thanks Tony for always being there
your welcome

"please deposit $4 into the card slot on your computer, you will recieve your reciept shortly"

LOLOLOLL burp!:p

aw jeezzz your into the after dinner wine again .......... oh boy ......

Nope, the before dinner wine, then the cooking wine, then the after dinner wine. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back