DYNO DAY DONE (today)

fast fred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got back from our DYNO DAY and my truck did ok ...my HP is 455.9 and my TORQUE is 501.9...not bad...the guy running the setup was cool we had a good time there....

ANNU just asked me to post his #'s they are HP 435 and TORQUE is 482...not bad for stocker with just a pcm and k&n........

I need to get my truck dynoed. Annu said he had the "80hp" flash for 100 octane. That means before he was only putting out 350 rwhp, seems like alot of drop off.

fastfred what are your mods???

BurntRubber said:
I need to get my truck dynoed. Annu said he had the "80hp" flash for 100 octane. That means before he was only putting out 350 rwhp, seems like alot of drop off.

i have a stage2/pcm & headers & k&n air intake & 170 stat. & borla exhaust & polished intake & boomers intake spacer & boomers lower kit and a lot of stuff for looks.........oohh and i'm on my 2nd trans.....

fast fred said:
no, not with the truck yet......i do race (road track) with my ferrari..............:burnout:

Bring it to NC, and we'll see if you can hang with the Miata on the Blue Ridge Parkway:D

outnumbered said:
Bring it to NC, and we'll see if you can hang with the Miata on the Blue Ridge Parkway:D
thanks for the invite:) ....oh yea i'll be there some day........:D

fast fred said:
just got back from our DYNO DAY and my truck did ok ...my HP is 455.9 and my TORQUE is 501.9...not bad...the guy running the setup was cool we had a good time there....

Fred Good meeting with you today and Good Dyno Day Also. 435 hp and 482 ftlb with just Stage 2 and K and N. Fred Actually got 501 Ftlbs:rock: :rock:
I am happy with my results.

i just got a massage asking what type of dyno was uesd? the shop we went to was useing a MUSTANG DYNAMOMTER...............

I have just exhaust,kn and mopar pcm(which is extremely none aggressive) and I put down 445rwhp and 477rwt. Can't wait for some more aggressive timing and fuel curve.

mosrt10 said:
I have just exhaust,kn and mopar pcm(which is extremely none aggressive) and I put down 445rwhp and 477rwt. Can't wait for some more aggressive timing and fuel curve.
PCM makes a big diff. in the QC and a little less in the R C due to the fact dodge detunes for the automatic....the guy running the dyno told me i could get more rwhp & rwtorq with a more aggressive tune on my pcm when i bought mine from dc perforance in L A i only got the flash for 95oct.so there is more to be had with the oct. you want to run. like the one annu has for 100oct. his fuel mix was way better than mine on the dyno......i'm sending the paper work from the dyno to D C perforance so they can see where i'm lacking and have my pcm redone...

BurntRubber said:

the flash gives an 80 rwhp increase at certain rpms under the curve...the peak hp is a gain of 10 or so.......

the peak hp is a gain of 10 or so.......[/QUOTE said:
please, could you explain this i don't understand what you are saying here that we only get 10rwhp or so at peak? :dontknow: i was told it gets more than that......thanks:)

fast fred said:
please, could you explain this i don't understand what you are saying here that we only get 10rwhp or so at peak? :dontknow: i was told it gets more than that......thanks:)

on a dyno graph you generally have a curve....if you run stock and then lay a curve for the truck after the flash on the same page you will have 2 curves...make sense so far...?

now the horizontal axis is rpm and the vertical is rwhp....so as you campare the 2 graphs you will see the flash curve is at times up to 80 rwhp higher than the stock curve....this difference in gain becomes less and less as the truck approaches its redline....keep in mind that you spend most your driving time at less then redline so the gains at the lower rpms are very significant...

435?

Annu Kumar said:
Fred Good meeting with you today and Good Dyno Day Also. 435 hp and 482 ftlb with just Stage 2 and K and N. Fred Actually got 501 Ftlbs:rock: :rock:
I am happy with my results.
WEll, Im a bit confused here. Seems we are supposed to be having 500+hp. If I rill on a dyno and Im putting out 400ish Im not going to be too happy. What's the deal?
:confused: :dontknow:

500hp at the flywheel...dynos' measure at the wheels.there is a loss due to friction and rotating mass (drive train). any way...i think thats right:dontknow:

fast fred said:

Yes, there is only about a 10 h.p. gain of net h.p. but a very large performance increase for the Q.C. under the curve. There is also a big reduction in underhood heat compared with the stock box (due to the stock e.c.u.s' late ignition timing). The flash is a must have for good q.c. performance.

There are a few of them around here running in the 15s and not ONE of the 8 or so SRTs that were running in Vegas a month or so ago even went 100 m.p.h. or ran in the 13s. They were all 14 and 15 second rigs. That is a poor showing to be sure. Some of the trucks were REG cabs as well. :(

Don't get too hung up on Dyno numbers.

Mustang dynos typically show less power than the Dynojets.

Dynos are a good tuning tool but the r.w.h.p. numbers I got with mine make little sense compared to the performance the truck delivers. The "corrected" dyno numbers seem to be quite a ways off especially when the truck itself is at or near sea level, where there is a HUGE difference in performance. This large jump in performance isn't reflected in the corrected numbers the dyno delivers...

Ron

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back