DYNO DAY DONE (today)

fast fred said:
PCM makes a big diff. in the QC and a little less in the R C due to the fact dodge detunes for the automatic....the guy running the dyno told me i could get more rwhp & rwtorq with a more aggressive tune on my pcm when i bought mine from dc perforance in L A i only got the flash for 95oct.so there is more to be had with the oct. you want to run. like the one annu has for 100oct. his fuel mix was way better than mine on the dyno......i'm sending the paper work from the dyno to D C perforance so they can see where i'm lacking and have my pcm redone...

Hey Fred-

What was your A/F ratio? Mine was 10.3 to 10.7 (stock) which is really stinkin' rich...

rottenronnie said:
Hey Fred-

What was your A/F ratio? Mine was 10.3 to 10.7 (stock) which is really stinkin' rich...
yea,,here tooooo mine was running about the same..the guy running the dyno told me he could not change mine, so he gave me the paper work and told me to send it back to where i got it and have it reflashed...also said there is more rwhp & torq, to be had......

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yeah but Fred's other car is a Ferrari!!!!!!!:D :rock: :burnout: LOL

patrick
yep and i do road race it..........took 2nd place in the VIRGINIA CITY HILL CLIMB................

Oh I Don't Care What When I ged rid of my cats and than I will be 500+ftlbs.
and 470 Hp at the wheels. Plus My test was done when My engine was super cold:rock: :rock:

Annu Kumar said:
Oh I Don't Care What When I ged rid of my cats and than I will be 500+ftlbs.
and 470 Hp at the wheels. Plus My test was done when My engine was super cold:rock: :rock:

your engine did better cuz it was cold!!! When you lose the cats you tq will probably be around 500, your HP will not be 470 though, more like 450-455, once the stage II is in the cat delete will not be as noticable. My headers are going on this week, once my catback is on I will dyno to see where I am at, hopefully I will be around 450rwhp & 485rwtq.
Oh and the large drop off from crank to RWHP has to do with Dodge not making the most efficient drivetrain(auto), happens in the Hemi's, happened in the 5.9 R/t's. One R/T guy got 235rwtq stock about 32% loss through drivetrain...ouch. When I had my mustang I dynoed 232rwhp stock 5spd. 260 brake hp, the only diff when I did an intake, pulleys, and exhaust I picked up 9 rwhp, waste of money!!!

BurntRubber said:
your engine did better cuz it was cold!!! When you lose the cats you tq will probably be around 500, your HP will not be 470 though, more like 450-455, once the stage II is in the cat delete will not be as noticable. My headers are going on this week, once my catback is on I will dyno to see where I am at, hopefully I will be around 450rwhp & 485rwtq.
Oh and the large drop off from crank to RWHP has to do with Dodge not making the most efficient drivetrain(auto), happens in the Hemi's, happened in the 5.9 R/t's. One R/T guy got 235rwtq stock about 32% loss through drivetrain...ouch. When I had my mustang I dynoed 232rwhp stock 5spd. 260 brake hp, the only diff when I did an intake, pulleys, and exhaust I picked up 9 rwhp, waste of money!!!

a 32% drivetrain drop off....um...no...there was something else wrong...our autos withe the 2 piece drive shaft eat 15-16% the sticks 12-13%

Nowwhat said:
a 32% drivetrain drop off....um...no...there was something else wrong...our autos withe the 2 piece drive shaft eat 15-16% the sticks 12-13%

just passing along what I was told...seems weird to me but, some guys dynoed in the upper 300's at boomers GTG...:dontknow:
If I were to take advice on cars I would listen to you...:)

I gotta add one thing guys, on the dynos and the air fuel deal...

dont worry about what the air fuel is cold, you want your truck to be dialed in hot!

you dont run down the road with the engine cold, if you tune it in cold then when it gets warm or hotter weather, the tune will be shitty.

cold tunes just gets you higher numbers which are fake.

When mine spent 108 times on the dyno, he made sure it was at operating temps or a tad above, that way you want have any issues during the summer months and a ton less while driving.

trying to get the last $2 outta an engine can lead to trouble down the road.

jsut my two cents worth:D

BurntRubber said:
just passing along what I was told...seems weird to me but, some guys dynoed in the upper 300's at boomers GTG...:dontknow:
If I were to take advice on cars I would listen to you...:)

just a note also on the dyno day at garys, dont take those number to gospel.

when you start poping one truck after another without the dynocooling down, you will get a bad number.

the dyno also needs time to cool like anything else dose, why do ya think mine didnt roll up on the dyno, it would have been useless:D

the guy at the dyno place said its like 20% in dodge auto.(lost thru drive train).............he does see a lot of real #'s.....does not make him right but maybe close..........

Stinker said:
I gotta add one thing guys, on the dynos and the air fuel deal...

dont worry about what the air fuel is cold, you want your truck to be dialed in hot!

you dont run down the road with the engine cold, if you tune it in cold then when it gets warm or hotter weather, the tune will be shitty.

cold tunes just gets you higher numbers which are fake.

When mine spent 108 times on the dyno, he made sure it was at operating temps or a tad above, that way you want have any issues during the summer months and a ton less while driving.

trying to get the last $2 outta an engine can lead to trouble down the road.

jsut my two cents worth:D
Good advise stinker, We don't run em cold.

J.R.

fast fred said:
the guy at the dyno place said its like 20% in dodge auto.(lost thru drive train).............he does see a lot of real #'s.....does not make him right but maybe close..........

20% would mean 400rwhp on a stocker....most are near 420 stock....

just seems like numbers are all over the place with QC's, seems to be more consistent with RC's. seems like you guys (Stinker and Mike) would know more about it than most, I just want mine to be faster!!! the guy at the dealer told me mine was the fastest cuz it's black!!! Black paint has the least amount of drag...lol

BurntRubber said:
just seems like numbers are all over the place with QC's, seems to be more consistent with RC's. seems like you guys (Stinker and Mike) would know more about it than most, I just want mine to be faster!!! the guy at the dealer told me mine was the fastest cuz it's black!!! Black paint has the least amount of drag...lol

if you want to stay naturally asperated , get some long tubes, man that was the biggest change other than the flash I did to my QC:rock:

Stinker said:
if you want to stay naturally asperated , get some long tubes, man that was the biggest change other than the flash I did to my QC:rock:

could have used that advice 2 months ago before I bought my bassani shorties...:dontknow: Bassani's--Catless mids--magnaflow...:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back