dyno numbers in

qcviper05

Reaction score
aight guys i just had my q cab on the dyno and im a little dissapointed. The only mods ive done so far are a full custome exhaust from the manifolds back, 2 cat delete and 2 high flows from magnaflow. I used magnaflow race series mufflers, its a true dual system using 3 inch pipe. n e way my numbers were 373 hp, and 380 ft pds. the truck takes a dump at 5300 rpm, n the dyno guy says its because the stock comp. shuts the fuel off.is this true, why are my numbers so low

Lets wake it up with a stageII. the stageII changes your fuel and timing tables. Q, how did he dyno the truck, what gear?

put the truck in second gear, gave it gas till it shifted then gradually floored it. wut all does the stage 2 do

qcviper05 said:
put the truck in second gear, gave it gas till it shifted then gradually floored it. wut all does the stage 2 do
here's the breakdown:

Revised premium fuel & timing tables - (91 or 93 oct)
Shift points raised to 5950 rpm
Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm
Torque management removed on automatic
Cooling fan duty cycle modified

its not a custom tune if that what you mean. no mods or mild mods. exhaust, headers, CAI, mild cam etc.

sounds like there is something wrong, I'd probably not add a pcm on an engine thats 100 hp low. are you running on all 10 cylinders?

hey QC...get the flash....:rock: ....how many miles are on the truck?....

don't get too hung up on the numbers yet....

theres alittle over 2600 miles on the truck its my daily driver. the truck runs great had no problems just thought the numbers were low for a stock truck. i figured i prolly lost some power cuz the full race mufflers but shouldnt hve lost too much

qcviper05 said:
theres alittle over 2600 miles on the truck its my daily driver. the truck runs great had no problems just thought the numbers were low for a stock truck. i figured i prolly lost some power cuz the full race mufflers but shouldnt hve lost too much

a stock truck should still pull to 5800 rpms....are the mufflers a straight through design?...

AWDisuzu said:
sounds like there is something wrong, I'd probably not add a pcm on an engine thats 100 hp low. are you running on all 10 cylinders?

a 100 hp...?...............

yea straight through mufflers n about 4nchs long, the truck was steady pullin up too about 52 or 5300 rpm then it down shifted n nose dived

qcviper05 said:
yea straight through mufflers n about 4nchs long, the truck was steady pullin up too about 52 or 5300 rpm then it down shifted n nose dived

down shifted...?...there is your problem....kick down cable....

the guy runnin the dyno says the charts show fuel shutoff, thats why it downshifted. could it have been because i was n second instead of drive

qcviper05 said:
the guy runnin the dyno says the charts show fuel shutoff, thats why it downshifted. could it have been because i was n second instead of drive

don't know boss....but with a qc you put her in tow/haul to keep her from shifting into 4th....get on the throttle after the shift into third and she should pull to 5800....:dontknow:

qcviper05 said:
aight guys i just had my q cab on the dyno and im a little dissapointed. The only mods ive done so far are a full custome exhaust from the manifolds back, 2 cat delete and 2 high flows from magnaflow. I used magnaflow race series mufflers, its a true dual system using 3 inch pipe. n e way my numbers were 373 hp, and 380 ft pds. the truck takes a dump at 5300 rpm, n the dyno guy says its because the stock comp. shuts the fuel off.is this true, why are my numbers so low

Damn That Sucks. The Stage 2 Is A MUST for the quads:D Damn those numbers scare me because I'm get my Quad dynoed also on Sat Along with Fast Fred. What type of Numbers do you guys Thing I will get. I have Stage 2 Flash with 80 Hp, K and N. I think it was Jt who had the highest numbers on a Bone Stock Qc which was 420 hp.

Annu Kumar said:
Damn That Sucks. The Stage 2 Is A MUST for the quads:D Damn those numbers scare me because I'm get my Quad dynoed also on Sat Along with Fast Fred. What type of Numbers do you guys Thing I will get. I have Stage 2 Flash with 80 Hp, K and N. I think it was Jt who had the highest numbers on a Bone Stock Qc which was 420 hp.
Not sure of the highest @ 424 RWHP & 458 RWTQ but it was done on a Dyno with shop and operator having 20 years of experience.
The other trucks that attended that day said there numbers had been spot on from previous dyno days.
Not the inflated numbers that I received on my R/C :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back