Dyno results are in.....

I'm not so sure about that, I did make a few passes in a 550ish rwhp roe truck and tried 2 different sets of slicks on it, the best I could get out of it was a 12.4. The lack if an intercooler does really hurt the roes
What mph in the 1/8 and 1/4?

I see no point in putting a blower without an intercooler on. I don't see why they just don't spray it instead.

Great numbers, looking forward to see what you run!!

What mph in the 1/8 and 1/4?

I see no point in putting a blower without an intercooler on.

In my experience, most roots style blowers are usually non-intercooled and are fine. Not everyone wants high boost or crazy hp, or they do and can't afford what laundry list of crap that comes along with it (built engine, upgraded tranny, and on and on). Nothing wrong with putting a non-intercooled Roe on with 5psi and a driveable tune from a reputable and experienced tuner and having a fun, streetable 500-600whp. When you start adding intercooling, then you start adding $$$. That all said, the only supercharger I've ever had was a intercooled ProCharger, so overall I prefer, like you, the intercooled route, but it just doesn't always makes sense for every setup everyone's tastes.

You never saw me wheelin then :p

All I am saying is I have a 450hp (probably a little more) 440 with 5.86 gears and 40" tall tires. Running 38" tires and 4.88's the 30 spline 60 was fine. After going to 40" more agressive tires I had to jump to a Dana 70 with 35 spline. Also with and ARB locker it is very common to be putting 100% of the power to one axle. Have never broke the 35 spline axles.

Just saying I think people through money in to fancy axle shafts when it isn't needed untill you get some big HP number and really sticky slick. Has anyone actually broke an axle shaft yet?

Sorry didn't mean to derail the thread.

My 440 (similar power to yours) would snap the smaller Dana 60 shafts with 4.10's & 35" tires. Have any pictures of your wheelin' rig?

Pretty sure a couple guys had problems breaking spyder gears, but haven't heard of anyone breaking axle shafts.

What mph in the 1/8 and 1/4
I can't remember, its been 4-5 years ago now

Pretty sure a couple guys had problems breaking spyder gears, but haven't heard of anyone breaking axle shafts.

The only problems I can remember are from guys with power adders blowing up the spider gears, I think fatjack has broken an axle though. A truck with bolt ons shouldn't come anywhere close to breaking the factory axle. I'm still on a factory axle and launch HARD on slicks, I belive jerry never had any trouble either.

Brick, are you going to be running the 22's up front?

My 440 (similar power to yours) would snap the smaller Dana 60 shafts with 4.10's & 35" tires. Have any pictures of your wheelin' rig?

I can see where spyders could be an issue.

Don't want to derail this thread so go here for some pictures - http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f60/my-off-roader-54673/#post1124472

I wish I could bring my self to mod the SRT, just really have a desire to keep it stock and in one piece though.

Last edited:
i was just wondering if you tried a 10# pulley, i made 600hp and 615 with about 6# of boost. just curious to see were the increases really drop off. how much is gained from 6#-10#-13# for example you may have made 660 with 10#

Axles are plenty strong, get the clutch sorted out and give'er hell. What were your 60' times? My stock clutch started slipping around 1.83-1.85 60's

Axles are plenty strong, get the clutch sorted out and give'er hell. What were your 60' times? My stock clutch started slipping around 1.83-1.85 60's

Srtralph bent his axle stock with dr's lol. I was real easy on launches got a couple 1.7's just letting the clutch out. Don't worry tho I will get this all sorted out maybe go auto :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back