Dynoed today

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I guess I just need to mod it to make some more power. Sad my 4cyl Honda makes more power than my truck :)

I'd get it dyno'd somewhere else, if it still has really low numbers then I'd start looking for something wrong with it not adding more mods to it

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with it. Runs, drives, pulls hard. It makes what it makes man. I've been using the same dyno for years.

Yeah something is wrong here. I dont think the guy knew what he was doing. I dynoed at 465 and 512 with all bolt ons on a 95 degree day with 70 percent humidity

I was just expecting at least 400+rwhp.

If the numbers aren't corrected then MAYBE you are over 400 (not sure how bad elevation will hurt you). I know mine put down 433/473hp/tq bone stock with about 30k on her. I am at a very low elevation though compared to you.

You guys are all missing the fact that Greely is at 5000 feet elevation. That combined with a little poor air easily results in 7000'+ DA.

But, just in case those ore corrected numbers, Old Colt's truck originally made less than 400 rwhp. Pretty sure Ronnie finally determined it came with the cam retarded from the factory.

You guys are all missing the fact that Greely is at 5000 feet elevation. That combined with a little poor air easily results in 7000'+ DA.

But, just in case those ore corrected numbers, Old Colt's truck originally made less than 400 rwhp. Pretty sure Ronnie finally determined it came with the cam retarded from the factory.

Nah uh. I noticed immediately.....read my posts. and I am at nearly 0' elevation and I thought to mention it

Without a torque figure the horsepower number cannot be accurate. Horsepower=torquexspeed

As caveman said, 06 could be a retarded cam. The dyno operator should have his dyno corrected for elevation. I'm at 3600ft, and still corrected to seal level. OP is very close to what mine did and a few others. The dyno had to be reading torque to produce the HP #.

Those are corrected numbers from what I understand. It was about 95* today at 5000+ft above sea level.

Nah uh. I noticed immediately.....read my posts. and I am at nearly 0' elevation and I thought to mention it
I noticed. But, because it was you saying it, I completely discounted them for not mattering and moved on. :D

Without a torque figure the horsepower number cannot be accurate. Horsepower=torquexspeed
We measure it without torque in Colorado, because with the high altitude we don't actually produce any. :shot:

Put my truck on the dyno today was kind of disappointed lol made 368hp, no torque readings though. Forced induction here we come!
A dyno is a tuning tool. Go see what it runs at the track. That will show you the power it's making.

Besides, the important stuff is the power under the curve, not the two fancy rwhp/rwtq numbers people post in their sigs and all over creation. nothing worse than having big ole dyno numbers and it runs slow as molasses at the track. Happened to me a while back and it sucks. Almost wanted to drive it into the wall after seeing the slip.

Last edited:
I understand the dyno is a tuning tool 100% I just didn't think the elevation would kill the power that much is all.

I'm gonna run my truck on the 8th of next month ill let you guys know what it runs. Probably going to have bad 60's I'm just on street tires.

I understand the dyno is a tuning tool 100% I just didn't think the elevation would kill the power that much is all.

Corrected #'s show the real deal. On the street elevation kills NA engines. Mine for example; At 3600ft my passenger's heads snap back when I punch the throttle, mine doesn't because I'm used to it. When I was at sea level last year, my head was snapping back, because I wasn't used to the extra power. Seat of the pants, I picked up 60-80HP at sea level. If I dyno'd out at the coast, I would expect no real gains from my sig.

Nice! I think the truck pulls pretty hard for what it made and the weight of it. My daily before was a 450hp crx so the truck seems slow to me. I'm curious to see what the truck will run at the track though. I guess I'll see soon enough.

We have a good Dodge performance shop here near new orleans. I had a buddy dyno his truck there. That dyno was nearly 100rwhp low for the mods it had. Yet his truck had an e/t and mph nearly 100rwhp more than the dyno showed.

I could be a lot of factors. That's why i said to go run the truck at the track. Time slips dont lie. Your truck could be running great.:rock:

My truck put down 425 / 455 bone stock.

Surely some was dyno operator error doing a V-10. Many factors are corrected in the dyno software to get correct results.
Like others say, track tells the truth :)
And......you never dyno in third unless you're an automatic or ole school 3-speed. 4th gear is our 1:1 ratio gear.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back