EED Viper Truck Build

Damn, 540rwhp on a QC.... that's around 650-675 out of the motor.... is it still stock displacement?

Thanks for the update. I am interested in pricing of kits when available.

If you are interested in purchasing the EED Breather Kit setup for a Viper Truck please e-mail me [email protected] with your full name, mailling address, e-mail address, and phone number. We'll get in touch with you as soon as the kits are ready to ship. We're not going to collect any money until they're ready to go out the door (should be sooon). Final pricing will be released once the complete kit is ready to ship.

BigBlackQC said:
Damn, 540rwhp on a QC.... that's around 650-675 out of the motor.... is it still stock displacement?

The displacement of this motor has been increased:)

Later today we should have some pictures and dyno numbers from a different truck we built a while back that has smaller displacement, but a similar build in terms of Striker Heads and internals with the recent addition of a supercharger.

You mention in the General information: "The customer was dead set on a “stroker” engine which in hind sight I would have probably pushed them away from the stroker crank in favor of a shorter stroke / higher revving package with larger bore size. These engines are short deck with an unfavorable rod ratio to begin with, so stroking the engine really isn’t the way to go."

Does this mean that for a N/A application (In my case I dont plan on adding force induction), that adding more cubic inches isn't a good move due to the engine design? Would it be more recommended to upgrade to stronger internals & a better head package? Thanks.

Thats why we changed mine from a stroker when we reordered the block. The guys at proline said that the stroker is not well suited for our application. Im glad to see these guys supporting that decision, cuz honestly I was on the fence about it.

RedRamRules said:
You mention in the General information: "The customer was dead set on a “stroker” engine which in hind sight I would have probably pushed them away from the stroker crank in favor of a shorter stroke / higher revving package with larger bore size. These engines are short deck with an unfavorable rod ratio to begin with, so stroking the engine really isn’t the way to go."

Does this mean that for a N/A application (In my case I don't plan on adding force induction), that adding more cubic inches isn't a good move due to the engine design? Would it be more recommended to upgrade to stronger internals & a better head package? Thanks.

That is correct, you will see more significant gains from doing Striker Heads (or other high flow heads) and having well built internals, than with increased displacement from stroking the engine. Getting the engine to rev higher and breath more freely will produce more power from our experience.

That being said, with the factory automatic transmission the shift points are set around or below 6,000 rpm, so having an engine that revs higher than that would be a waste. We recommend keeping the stroke around or under 4 inches for optimal engine performance. For a car application we would keep the stock stroke or de-stroke the engine. IF you want to increase displacement for an NA build, you should increase the bore (which we did in this application). We offer the largest liner setup for Viper engines anywhere (up to 4.160).

This engine setup was the right setup for the right application. For an NA build we would have done 10:1 compression, but here we anticipated supercharging it, so we built it with that in mind. The engine being in a truck, keeping torque up and not needing more than 6000 rpm we were able to stroke the engine a little along with boring it out.

Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:
I too would like to see some prices (heads plus valve covers/spaces).

Would it benefit us with the forged internals etc to increase the revlimiter and shiftpoints upwards? With the centrifugal supercharger if I can bump my shifts up to say 6250 or so I would gain another 1-1.5lbs of boost. Being that I have a built motor would this be a good plan or will it hurt something? I have 2 PCM's and I have one of them at B&G right now so I could just have them increase the shift points and rev limiter. The Suncoast transmission revs so fast that it was bouncing off the rev limiter before it would shift. DC performance recommended dropping the shift point to 5800 rpms so thath by the time it shifted you wouldnt hit the 6250 revlimiter. BUT this hurts boost and HP.

Hey David....Mike (1fast) was saying that the Striker heads "killed" his low end torque. Do you agree with that assessment? I have the same heads but I havent driven my truck yet as it just got finished. Should the low end TQ be hurt by using these heads as opposed to a ported set of Stockers?

EED-David said:
Striker heads are $6600, valve cover spacers are about $600.
Thanks for the quote. About the same price as a SC. :eek:
I did put heads on my hemi QC and it did make quite a difference (but at a fraction of a price, however I'm sure not the quality and performance of the Striker heads).
Is there a synergistic effect with ported heads and a SC engine?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back