Engine Blew up, again.

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While driving to work this morning I heard a loud noise and then lots of smoke. Dealer said the rod is banging around and doesn't know if the block is damaged. $3000 just to swap a engine. Now I have to find an engine. After I get it fixed it I'm either going to sell it or trade it in.

Any ideas on what to do about the engine?

Sucks about your engine I know all to well how long it takes.
An 05 rc engine and tranny was on craigslist posted on this forum or the other for $3500

Put it back to stock and sell off parts to try to make some $$$ back :dontknow:

Trade with Eddie. Isn't he upgrading to a new engine?

trying to answer on fb bud, but its being a butt, but 3k for a swap is rediculous, we can swap it out for ya, or we can rebuild it for ya, jsut holla

yea man that blows. sorry to hear it. these motors are weak. going threw a build my self. if your going to keep it beef it up a little. good luck

How worried should a guy be with no mods? Do these engines hold up ok to stock power/minor bolt ons?

These engines are NOT fragile. Mine has 60K miles and a 200 shot of nitrous. Probably ran 30 bottles thru it at 150 shot. Not real worried but it could let go tonite. Stock you should have no problem, turn the piss outta it. No actually shift at 52 to 5500 rpm and it should last a long time.

hahhaha mine blew up with a tuner catback and cold air intake lol. 19000 miles. cast pistons with really high rings.

What kind of miles were those though? You see alot of these trucks with fairly high miles - and trucks like these arnt usually babied

These engines are NOT fragile. Mine has 60K miles and a 200 shot of nitrous. Probably ran 30 bottles thru it at 150 shot. Not real worried but it could let go tonite. Stock you should have no problem, turn the piss outta it. No actually shift at 52 to 5500 rpm and it should last a long time.

Jack, you proved to me these engines are tuff.....if ever a engine was beat to death and came back running strong yours has.....I have to assume it is the 5500 rpm limit that has made the difference..:dontknow:

does he not have the dreaded STS turbo on it :dontknow:

110K miles, 6 sets of tires and rarely babied. All stock and runs like the day I drove her off the lot.

I do have the STS but at the time it let go I was not under boost. Just driving to work.

My pistons were forged but not the rods.

Jack, you proved to me these engines are tuff.....if ever a engine was beat to death and came back running strong yours has.....I have to assume it is the 5500 rpm limit that has made the difference..:dontknow:

I always try to shift it at or before 5500 but it has been bounced off the rev limiter more than my 3 yr old Grandson.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back