engine dissasembly

Mike I wanted to thank you for spending the time with this.:rock: :rock: Also I wanted everyone to be clear that this is not my 05 QC motor that spun the rod. This motor is the one that I bought from Clint (Where are you bro). Mike and I are going to be building this engine for the 06 RC (black truck) for dual turbo.

Clint's motor was out of his RC that was NA and had under 25000 Clint miles. There was nothing wrong with this motor and was a running engine. We might use the crank out of this motor for the QC.

I will try to get some detailed pics of the 1st ring land and dome of the pistons. I am interested to see if there are any hairline cracks.

Wifey said:
...( homlite chain saws are a good example...

Did you have to use that example...I have been nice for the past few days!

DevilDawg3097 said:
Oh contrier monfre they advertised it as the worlds fastest truck GUINESS s/p BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS. 1mile world record holder until the ute (aint a truck its an el camino). Shit I knew I should of just stuck with the Hemi's they don't blow up. How do claim it to be the fastest production truck in the world and then say fuck off when you actually do what they said it can do.

You have forgot the disclaimers that are always in micro type:

This was done on a closed track with a Professional Driver, do not attempt this a home ............ bla bla bla:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Wifey said:
I do not remember them advertising the trucks as " race trucks", just being equipped with SRT ,
"Street Racing Technology":( :(

WORLD'S FASTEST PRODUCTION TRUCK comes to mind for some reason
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

looks like still had the sock engine oil cooler lines on this engine

Last edited:
I believe the rods that the truck came equipped with are plenty strong enough to support the factory 50 HP each, hell they are beefier than my isuzu rods and they supported 110 HP each for a while. of course, they did compress a bit (like 1/16 inch!) now I have good rods in the isuzu monster =)

I'll get the pistons cleaned up and pictures taken soon. yesterday I just wanted to get the motor disassembled and i had to make sure to mark everything.

did you notice the size difference between my isuzu crank and the viper crank? wow!

oh yea, this engine is one heavy son of a bitch! but with the block empty, I can lift it with one arm!!

Prof said:
Did you have to use that example...I have been nice for the past few days!

You are safe :D Homlite is a POS:( Now if it were a Stihl................

DevilDawg3097 said:
SO then the gen IV is just a all forged version of the Gen III. or just the rod and bearing specs the same? but your right that is something to look into. I will be all over that on monday I will make a couple of calls and let you guys know, If Prof doesn't beat me to the Punch.

Gen IV is not forged either. :mad:

The Gen 4's even have a shorter piston compression height (slightly longer rod). They sourced the parts from the 6.1 Hemi. So they now have bronze bushing and floating pins making easier for them to fix when they go "boom".

pokeytemplar said:
The Gen 4's even have a shorter piston compression height (slightly longer rod). They sourced the parts from the 6.1 Hemi. So they now have bronze bushing and floating pins making easier for them to fix when they go "boom".
So then they know it's eventually gonna happen. I am sorry but If I am gonna pay that much I want it done right. WTF we need Lee Iacoca s/p again.

DevilDawg3097 said:
So then they know it's eventually gonna happen. I am sorry but If I am gonna pay that much I want it done right. WTF we need Lee Iacoca s/p again.

Well not specifically, It is all about finding the most cost effective way of producing several different types of engines. When they first introduced the Magnum V-10 it used the v-8 magnums rod's, lifters, etc... When the Viper was introduced the same thing happened. The Gen 1 used magnum v-8 rod forgings and in 00-01 they were just machined slightly differently (for more length) and included ARP rod bolts. There may be more similarities but that is all that is coming to mind right now.:dontknow:

Ok, IYO on internals for upgrade, rods, rings and pitons good enough, or end caps mains etc also?

If you tear it down...build it as strong as your billfold will bear.

On the cheap end a normally aspirated engine can probably live with just forged pistons.

If you are going to use a power adder but stay under 700 hp...forged rods and pistons, and some oil flow and valve train work...above 700, build to contain a tornado...

Here are some more pics:

SpencerSkateboardingSept08003_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08078_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08077_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08076_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08076_1-1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08075_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08073_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08071_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08069_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08068_1.jpg

SpencerSkateboardingSept08066_1.jpg