Engine dyno Striker heads, Comp Cam

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received the printout from Arrow this morning!

Good torque numbers down low!

The build includes 8:1 Diamond pistons, Oliver rods, nitrided crankshaft (taken from an '03 for better pulley/damper mounting), coated bearings and pistons, billet main caps, ARP fasteners throughout, port-matched intake, Striker heads w/ Jesel rockers and inconel exhaust valves, and comp coupe cam.

Testing was done with the factory fuel rails and injectors, and long-tube headers.

Attachments

• Break-in dyno results 2-07.jpg
    Break-in dyno results 2-07.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 768
Silverback said:
Torque: 619.5 @ 4600
HP: 580.0 @ 5700

daaaamn son! nice N/A nubers! are you a RC or QC? i am dyno illiterate....help me out here what does a stock RC put down to the rear wheels?

Mine put down 468 stock...but that is very unusual...Silverback will know better, I think he was tracking stock numbers for a while. My guess at normal rwhp stock is in the 440 - 450 range.

Stock rwhp is more like 420 hp from what I heard. Prof you must of gotten the top secret engine. Maybe a show or magazine truck?

I believe the numbers are from a dyno, not rear wheel.

What type of compression ratio are you at?

Ram From Hell said:
Just received the printout from Arrow this morning!

Good torque numbers down low!

The build includes 8:1 Diamond pistons, Oliver rods, nitrided crankshaft (taken from an '03 for better pulley/damper mounting), coated bearings and pistons, billet main caps, ARP fasteners throughout, port-matched intake, Striker heads w/ Jesel rockers and inconel exhaust valves, and comp coupe cam.

Testing was done with the factory fuel rails and injectors, and long-tube headers.
not being funny but what does this mean? Still sporting a V0 engine, but not for long...

Nice numbers!!! :rock:

Although, no offense, expected more......unless you are running lower compression for a S/C application.

Yes, stock numbers are typically 420-440rwhp in a RC.

I'm assuming compression ratio has been lowered. Those heads won't make dick for power on a NA engine unless you up the compression, a lot. Those heads will show their colors when boosted. The more boost you run, the better those heads will work. A TT with those heads=big power

1Fast400 said:
I'm assuming compression ratio has been lowered. Those heads won't make dick for power on a NA engine unless you up the compression, a lot. Those heads will show their colors when boosted. The more boost you run, the better those heads will work. A TT with those heads=big power
I agree, stock is 9.6-1. So 8.0-1 is a BIG change. Can't wait to see some FI numbers.

OK so are those numbers based on a engine chasis dyno or on rear wheel dyno?

Either way it sounds like you dropped compression.

Anyone have that combo but with say a 10 or 10.5 compression?

Would port/polishing matching the intake help any?

Would going with a bigger throttle body also help?

Just sold the motorcycle so I have some extra $ to spend on the beast. I want to stay stock looking but i also want around 600 RWHP. Hoping that will get me there.

Thoughts???

Thanks Kevin

Hate to answer for Eric, but since he has not replied I will fill in the blanks that I know.

The numbers are from an engine dyno. He will be installing the engine in the next week or two.

C/R is 8 to 1. He is looking to add the Paxton to it before it hits the road.

Considering the 8:1 C/R, and no boost, it's pretty impressive numbers in my opinion.

Port matching of the heads and intake is cheap, easy to do, and well worth the effort. If you have the time and inclination to pull and disassemble the head you can also take a sanding burr to the ports and smooth them up.

Last edited:
1Fast400 said:

I'm getting old and feeble minded Mike. What C/R did you go with in your engine?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back