Engine dyno Striker heads, Comp Cam

Prof said:
I just mean don't be satisfied with one atmosphere of pressure. And increase it now.

That's what I thought!:D

BTW, the net compression ratio is actually 9:1! This evidently is the best street setup for forced induction setups. If you want to go big boost and lower the CR, you've got to spend a chunk of change for some (more) crank mods, maybe even stronger cylinder sleeves. As it's set up, this engine is solid for 1000hp at the crank, and 10-12psi of boost. That's going to be plenty. Matter of fact, that's more than enough. For now.

Just a side note: I actually broke #3 and #4 pistons with the STS. (My avatar is piston #3) The dorks I sent my truck to when it broke only found #3 to be bad. So much for being "Viper Certified"...

Ram From Hell said:
That's what I thought!:D

BTW, the net compression ratio is actually 9:1! This evidently is the best street setup for forced induction setups. If you want to go big boost and lower the CR, you've got to spend a chunk of change for some (more) crank mods, maybe even stronger cylinder sleeves. As it's set up, this engine is solid for 1000hp at the crank, and 10-12psi of boost. That's going to be plenty. Matter of fact, that's more than enough. For now.

Just a side note: I actually broke #3 and #4 pistons with the STS. (My avatar is piston #3) The dorks I sent my truck to when it broke only found #3 to be bad. So much for being "Viper Certified"...

It's never enough!:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout:

Ram From Hell said:
Just received the printout from Arrow this morning!

Good torque numbers down low!

The build includes 8:1 Diamond pistons, Oliver rods, nitrided crankshaft (taken from an '03 for better pulley/damper mounting), coated bearings and pistons, billet main caps, ARP fasteners throughout, port-matched intake, Striker heads w/ Jesel rockers and inconel exhaust valves, and comp coupe cam.

Testing was done with the factory fuel rails and injectors, and long-tube headers.
great numbers, congrats bro

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back