Exhaust backfiring?

BDR SRT-10 said:
Hell yes I love that sound when decel'n... When folks pass by me or are beside me in town coming up to a stoplight or something, they know something's a little different about my truck... I can tell by the look on their faces...Priceless IMO :rock: !!! One question, does a reflashed PCM have any effect on the noise??
When I got my flash it did change the sound of the exhaust slightly on a stock system. It was a tad deeper and a little louder. But no pop, because of the cats I do believe.:)

Marc T said:
I have had people pull up to me and say they saw flames comming out!!:rock:

Yeah.. me too.. I can make it do it just about at will... make some boost, get the fuel/air real fat (rich), and back out of it...

I ALLWAYS get a strange look when I pull up next to someone at a stop light...

azpyroguy said:
Yeah.. me too.. I can make it do it just about at will... make some boost, get the fuel/air real fat (rich), and back out of it...

I ALLWAYS get a strange look when I pull up next to someone at a stop light...

I might get to witness that in person next month.:rock:

Generally, Popping sounds or noises that we like to call
"backfiring" are caused by leaks in your exhaust system, no matter how small,
that are allowing air into your exhaust. It should not do that, but it does sound badass to some of us.

Does it on mine too...Love it...I also downshift for the sound...
Brake dust right now is a big issue...It's freaking insane...I pretty
much clean my wheels everyday...But man MY SRT IS FRIGGING INSANE...
Everyday i ride it...

I hate the popping sound !:mad: If it were like my highly modded "L" , I would love it.I love the exotic sound of the 10 on acceleration,but not when down-shifting.I even have the stock muffler on (but no cats) and it still does it.I also have a cross-over pipe to help.Next will be hi-flows or resonators or some of the more exotic stuff from summit racing (cones installed inside the pipe).To me it just sounds "out-of-tune".

If it's caused by a wild cam, it's called "loping".

If it's caused by a clogged injector, it's called "rough idle".

--

If it's caused by a huge runner intake, it's called "backrapping".

If it's caused by leaks or poor tuning, it's called "backfiring".

I, for one, prefer that my performance vehicle lopes and backrapps. Real performance makes noise.:rock: Anything else is an econo-box gheymobile.:elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back