Father/Daughter Discussion

While I agree with most of what has been said, there are some points I don't agree with. However there is no escaping the fact that things are really screwed up with the present system. I just don't think we are going to see any real change for a long time.

Bill.

Prof said:
1. Pay K-12 teachers a huge salary (let's say $150K), hold them (and parents) accountable for outstanding results. Terminate the ineffective ones...(yes, the parents too) just think of the line of applicants and the results after 10 or 12 years.
I like the privatization through vouchers better. We would still have publicly funded education for ALL, and any failing private schools won't get any business, teacher salaries will rise for the good ones, teachers who are bad will finally get fired instead of tenured, and the schools will have the right to expel a student who is obnoxious thus cutting out the bad parents.
Simply raising salaries only gives the teacher the same ability to blame the parents for bad grades (I know this goes both ways).

Prof said:
2. Do the same for sworn law enforcement officers.
I do feel Law Enforcement tends to pay too low. Not sure why, but the fringe benefits are pretty damn nice. A policeman friend of mine in NY speeds all day, never got a ticket for the last two wrecks he's caused, etc.

Prof said:
3. Set a date (say 2050), after which insurance companies will no longer compensate home owners for loss in hazardous places like coast lines and flood plains. Until that date, claims will be paid only once regardless of who owns the property. I will suffer from this, but it is ludicrous that I get compensated every few years for hurricane damage to my place in the Keys, that is going to get hit again and again.
Don't they just raise your rates accordingly, or insert an exclusion (or offer an alternative policy with the exclusion)?

Prof said:
4. Parents must be held accountable for the actions of their children.
They already are legally responsible for them. Not sure what you mean. My azz gets sued if my kids do something stupid. Don't think for a minute John Edwards sees me as untouchable if my son is caught keying somebody's truck!

Prof said:
5. DUI is criminal. One conviction and never drive again.
Agreed!! We just had another drunk illegal alien kill a 20yr old pregnant mother and her unborn child(unviable mass?) here in NC. Her 3yr old daughter survived but is pretty messed up. Who wants to tell her that her mommy is gone and isn't coming back?

Prof said:
6. There is too little love in the world, let people love and marry who they want.
I agree in the civil union side of this, but no church should be FORCED to perform a gay marriage or honor it. Separation of church and state, ya know.

Prof said:
7. Helmet laws are an infringement on personal liberty.
Are you talking about motorcyclists, or also youths on bicycles and skateboards? Personally, I think you're taking WAY to big a risk not wearing one, and I will put one on every time I get on a motorcycle, and require my kids to wear one on their bicycles/scooters/skateboards. I guess I see no issue with requiring kids to wear them, but if you're an adult and want to take that chance, so be it...same w/seatbelts (kids must wear, adults make their own call).

Prof said:
8. Eliminate the death penalty...I can think of much better things to do to people who commit "capitol" crimes, and we convict so many innocent people.
I personally don't support it, but I can see why so many do. Just think of this jack-azz Devlin guy who had those two kidnapped boys in his apartment. Some would say he needs killin'!

Prof said:
9. Term limits for all elected positions.
Yes!

Prof said:
10. Age limits for all federal positions to include the Supreme Court. (I hate this idea but it still think it is wise.)
Not entirely sure on this one, but I understand the potential need for an age maximum if senility/Alzheimer's were possibly setting in. Seems there ought to be a more direct approach to that problem besides an age limit though.

Prof said:
11. Raise the age at which young people can drive.
Exemption if they have a job, but otherwise no real resistance on this from me!

Prof said:
12. Find ways to save: the rain forests, endangered species, childhood, the Bill of Rights, and human dignity.
I think we're already doing a VERY good job at this. Need to watch out for exploitation groups who claim to be supporting these causes but lining their own pockets with money that often comes from kids and schools.

Prof said:
13. Find ways to improve respect for: women, minorities, and all religions.
Again, I think we're doing great here. Respect, however, should be first and foremost earned on your character, not physical features. I will NEVER respect Hillary Clinton, and it has NOTHING to do with her gender. I DO respect Condi Rice, and it STILL has nothing to do with gender.

Prof said:
14. Encourage tolerance.
Where it is deserved. I do not tolerate criminals, for example, or anyone who subverts our US Constitution. I also have little tolerance for those countless individuals using "intolerance" or "bigotry" claims because someone disagrees with their views or behavior.

Prof said:
15. Add 2600 pounds to every Z06 in the country.
:rock: :D

DenOfThievz said:
I like the privatization through vouchers better. We would still have publicly funded education for ALL, and any failing private schools won't get any business, teacher salaries will rise for the good ones, teachers who are bad will finally get fired instead of tenured, and the schools will have the right to expel a student who is obnoxious thus cutting out the bad parents.
Simply raising salaries only gives the teacher the same ability to blame the parents for bad grades (I know this goes both ways).

I do feel Law Enforcement tends to pay too low. Not sure why, but the fringe benefits are pretty damn nice. A policeman friend of mine in NY speeds all day, never got a ticket for the last two wrecks he's caused, etc.

Don't they just raise your rates accordingly, or insert an exclusion (or offer an alternative policy with the exclusion)?

They already are legally responsible for them. Not sure what you mean. My azz gets sued if my kids do something stupid. Don't think for a minute John Edwards sees me as untouchable if my son is caught keying somebody's truck!

Agreed!! We just had another drunk illegal alien kill a 20yr old pregnant mother and her unborn child(unviable mass?) here in NC. Her 3yr old daughter survived but is pretty messed up. Who wants to tell her that her mommy is gone and isn't coming back?

I agree in the civil union side of this, but no church should be FORCED to perform a gay marriage or honor it. Separation of church and state, ya know.

Are you talking about motorcyclists, or also youths on bicycles and skateboards? Personally, I think you're taking WAY to big a risk not wearing one, and I will put one on every time I get on a motorcycle, and require my kids to wear one on their bicycles/scooters/skateboards. I guess I see no issue with requiring kids to wear them, but if you're an adult and want to take that chance, so be it...same w/seatbelts (kids must wear, adults make their own call).

I personally don't support it, but I can see why so many do. Just think of this jack-azz Devlin guy who had those two kidnapped boys in his apartment. Some would say he needs killin'!

Yes!

Not entirely sure on this one, but I understand the potential need for an age maximum if senility/Alzheimer's were possibly setting in. Seems there ought to be a more direct approach to that problem besides an age limit though.

Exemption if they have a job, but otherwise no real resistance on this from me!

I think we're already doing a VERY good job at this. Need to watch out for exploitation groups who claim to be supporting these causes but lining their own pockets with money that often comes from kids and schools.

Again, I think we're doing great here. Respect, however, should be first and foremost earned on your character, not physical features. I will NEVER respect Hillary Clinton, and it has NOTHING to do with her gender. I DO respect Condi Rice, and it STILL has nothing to do with gender.

Where it is deserved. I do not tolerate criminals, for example, or anyone who subverts our US Constitution. I also have little tolerance for those countless individuals using "intolerance" or "bigotry" claims because someone disagrees with their views or behavior.

well said...2 exceptions...helmet laws, should be your right to choose for yourself and for your child...my ten year old boy lives on a back street with no traffic. he rides mostly in a field across the street that has his bike path he made, no helmet needed...when i ride a motorcycle on the road, no helmet is worn. if i ride with any of my kids, they DO wear a helmet.

the other exception is the death penalty...personally i think there are a bunch of people who deserve to be put to death. but rather than putting them in the chair, or hanging or gas etc...we should use them for medical experiments. this devlin guy should be injected and infected with the aids virus, and then the new medical wonder cures can be tried on him to see if they work. if they dont, he dies. if they do, we inject him with something else until he does die. this way, in some small way, he can repay society by being a human guiena pig. not a perfect solution, but at least his life wasnt totally worthless and wasted.

The only thing i would add, and this might piss people off but who cares. We live in America. The only flag a person should be able to fly, publically, is the American flag. if you fly a flag from any other country, you should be tried and found guilty of being a traitor. PERIOD. fly any flag you wish in the privacy of your own home. but once out in public view, the only flag that should be tolorated is the good old stars and stripes. Not cracking on anyone else or their heritage, and you should be proud of who you are and where you came from, but in america, in public, only the american flag.
And to add to this point, burn the flag...die PERIOD.

muttvipertruck said:
the other exception is the death penalty...personally i think there are a bunch of people who deserve to be put to death. but rather than putting them in the chair, or hanging or gas etc...we should use them for medical experiments. this devlin guy should be injected and infected with the aids virus, and then the new medical wonder cures can be tried on him to see if they work. if they dont, he dies. if they do, we inject him with something else until he does die. this way, in some small way, he can repay society by being a human guiena pig. not a perfect solution, but at least his life wasnt totally worthless and wasted.
Without a doubt, you are the man to lead this country. You have my vote for sure.

Bill.

DenOfThievz said:

Yes they do raise rates but for everyone...not just those of us that have property that is constantly being beset by nature...not fair to everyone...but overly generous to me! Wilma did nearly $150k damage to my place...nearly all paid by insurance (wind and flood) but my rates increased a thousand dollars a year! Great deal for me...completely new everything down stairs from wood floors to kitchen cabinets and everything in between. Really terrible that everyone in the state with flood and wind insurance is subsidizing me!

Just think this is a personal choice issue and the that government has no place in this decision, should be the individual or the parent, not Uncle Sam.

I personally don't support it, but I can see why so many do. Just think of this jack-azz Devlin guy who had those two kidnapped boys in his apartment. Some would say he needs killin'! My point is that killing them is the easy way out for them...breaking rocks 18 hours a day, or medical experimentation is a much more painful fate if you ask me.

Lots of work to do...and lots of issues we have to face.

Last edited:
Prof said:
A few ideas...
1. Pay K-12 teachers a huge salary (let's say $150K), hold them (and parents) accountable for outstanding results. Terminate the ineffective ones...(yes, the parents too) just think of the line of applicants and the results after 10 or 12 years.
2. Do the same for sworn law enforcement officers.
3. Set a date (say 2050), after which insurance companies will no longer compensate home owners for loss in hazardous places like coast lines and flood plains. Until that date, claims will be paid only once regardless of who owns the property. I will suffer from this, but it is ludicrous that I get compensated every few years for hurricane damage to my place in the Keys, that is going to get hit again and again.
4. Parents must be held accountable for the actions of their children.
5. DUI is criminal. One conviction and never drive again.
6. There is too little love in the world, let people love and marry who they want.
7. Helmet laws are an infringement on personal liberty.
8. Eliminate the death penalty...I can think of much better things to do to people who commit "capitol" crimes, and we convict so many innocent people.
9. Term limits for all elected positions.
10. Age limits for all federal positions to include the Supreme Court. (I hate this idea but it still think it is wise.)
11. Raise the age at which young people can drive.
12. Find ways to save: the rain forests, endangered species, childhood, the Bill of Rights, and human dignity.
13. Find ways to improve respect for: women, minorities, and all religions.
14. Encourage tolerance.
15. Add 2600 pounds to every Z06 in the country
Enough for now...you folks can chew on me for about a week over all of the above.

Oh, I wanna play :D

Mutt, I still don't agree brother....I want our officials to be educated and well-paid people who make good decisions...it may sound elitist, but unlike the intelligence and thoughtfullness on this board, I find the general public to be the problem....we're losing what makes this country great...pride, honor, honesty, solidarity, truth, justice, family, and friends....the general public cares about only themselves....

1. My mom is a teacher and I'm all about the $150k, she'd love it....unfortunately, she's not frustrated about the money - she can no longer do her job....the bad students ruin things for classes and too many rules/PC policies prevent her from getting her students in line like she did 30 years ago....when I was in school, she'd go to the teacher the first day and tell him to beat the shit out of me if I acted up, and then call her later.....we've pussified our system and the students run it, not the teachers....

2. IMHO, $150k for both teachers and law enforcement is OK for those that bring $150k to the position....we'd have to set new standards and minimums before I'll vote for paying that much for our current police/teaching force....

3. I thought increases based on previous costs solved this issue???? :dontknow:

4. Unfortunately, people with no accountability can be parents....before you are allowed to give birth, you should have to prove you can take emotional, intellectual, and FINANCIAL responsibility to provide for said child....

5. Kewl, but it should be the same way with all crimes....you steal, we make it so they can never steal again....you rape, we make it so you can never rape again....if it's good for DUI, it's good for all crimes...

6. I don't care who get's married, I'm still holding out for Mikey :star:

7. Agreed, I think we should allow the idiots to kill themselves off.....no helmet, no problem...

8. I'm from TX, so let's just say we don't agree :D Edit....Mutt, good one on the medical experiments

9. Kewl

10. Kewl

11. Either we call 16 yr olds adults, or we make it 18....driving is an ultimate responsibility, and people who drive must be held accountable.....most testing required, more skills required before you can get a license...

12. I support this, but I'm into rock crawling....typically, the greenies go overboard and attack our groups, so they are hard to support :mad:

13. You get the respect you earn....IMHO, too many women only want to be equal when it benefits them....Black History Month??? - no, I don't support that, and I got a ton of black friends and previous wimmens.....I cannot respect religions that support killing innocents, especially women and children, in cold blood......but in spirit, I'm with you....

14. I try to, but how much is too much....how far does it go before the shoe is on the other foot???

15. Joe's gonna be mad at you for that one, I'm gonna tell on you :D

Last edited:
Come on family...get involved...we need all of your opinions...how do you expect to get your ideas in place if you won't contribute? Your ideas are important and vital. Learn by participating, and help us all understand the different concepts that exist.

Prof said:
Come on family...get involved...we need all of your opinions...how do you expect to get your ideas in place if you won't contribute? Your ideas are important and vital. Learn by participating, and help us all understand the different concepts that exist.

Don't try to cover up, I'm still telling Joe :D I miss ya bro....

mr jason....my bald headed, cigar smoking friend....i agree with you on the crime and punishment issue...i am sure you saw my post earlier about the guy gettin his unit cut off, for raping so we agree there....i am in favor of the death penalty, as it stands now in society, that is the system i believe in, this post was about thinking a little outside the norm...like prof said, the death penalty is quick, and easy...if someone rapes,kills and mutilates your mother,daughter,wife, friend etc. and does this to lets say 10 different people, are you saying that putting him to death, one time is justice? i think that by using them in medical experiments, or putting them to work (hard labor), or using them as a crash test dummy would benefit society much better than wasting electricity or bullets or even rope. eventually, we can put them to death, but after we gain something positive from them.

and for the record....i disagree with the corvette thing........they should all be rounded up, and set on fire.....chevy, ford and ricers SUCK A$$!!!

You better explain that fellow Bears Fan! There must be a deep dark meaning that is eluding me...don't go soft on me now (opps, sorry for the reference to your ED).

Give both barrels, or slink away...

Prof said:
You better explain that fellow Bears Fan! There must be a deep dark meaning that is eluding me...don't go soft on me now (opps, sorry for the reference to your ED).

Give both barrels, or slink away...
Just making sure you are still with us :D and alert :p

Mutt, I still don't agree brother....I want our officials to be educated and well-paid people who make good decisions...it may sound elitist, but unlike the intelligence and thoughtfullness on this board, I find the general public to be the problem....we're losing what makes this country great...pride, honor, honesty, solidarity, truth, justice, family, and friends....the general public cares about only themselves....

i will agree that we are losing touch with what makes this country great and for the most part, the general public are like a bunch of sheep and just follow and keep their mouths shut, but dont you think that by paying our representatives a healthy salary, that maybe the only reason they want to even try to represent us is for the $$$ and the benefits? i believe that the majority of the people actually start their political career thinking that they will actually make a difference. Somewhere along the line, favors are owed, their vision gets cloudy and by some unexplained phenom, their heads get shoved up their a$$. I also believe that while the system we have in the U.S. is the greatest, it is also corrupt and damaged beyond repair. Our system of democracy, on paper, should work without fail. but it doesnt. things need to change.

I CAN BE THE MAN TO CHANGE THINGS!

1. READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES.
2. FREE BEER FOR ALL!
3. FAST CARS IN EVERY DRIVEWAY (AMERICAN MADE FOR US, RICERS FOR MIKEY)
4. 2 NAKED CHICKS IN EVERY HOUSEHOLD, ON A WEEKLY ROTATING BASIS SO YOU DONT GET BORED.
5. MANDANTORY FACTORY ENGINE REPLACEMENT FOR EVERY SRT OWNER-REGARDLESS OF MONTHS, MILES OR MODS.
6. FREE X-METAL AND JMB PARTS FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE VTCOA- (MY NEW GOVERNMENT PLAN WILL PAY GARY AND JUSTIN)
MORE TO COME.... oh yeah, you still paying for the campaign prof?

muttvipertruck said:
I CAN BE THE MAN TO CHANGE THINGS!

1. READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES.
2. FREE BEER FOR ALL!
3. FAST CARS IN EVERY DRIVEWAY (AMERICAN MADE FOR US, RICERS FOR MIKEY)
4. 2 NAKED CHICKS IN EVERY HOUSEHOLD, ON A WEEKLY ROTATING BASIS SO YOU DONT GET BORED.
5. MANDANTORY FACTORY ENGINE REPLACEMENT FOR EVERY SRT OWNER-REGARDLESS OF MONTHS, MILES OR MODS.
6. FREE X-METAL AND JMB PARTS FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE VTCOA- (MY NEW GOVERNMENT PLAN WILL PAY GARY AND JUSTIN)
MORE TO COME.... oh yeah, you still paying for the campaign prof?

Yes! I am the treasurer...I will collect all of the contributions, and be willing to make up the difference between what we need for the campaign and what I think we should spend...if anything is left over it goes to Blake to help him build his next mill after this one goes south!:star: :star: :star:

There will be plenty of extra $$$ once i reach office...all VTCOA members will get paid a salary to post...VTCOA venders will have extra money for research and development...

LMAO!!!

OK, I'm on board....Mutt for Pres :rock:

I'll take my two hotties now, no need to wait for the election ;)

figured some way i would get ya...had to be the beer or broads...was gonna throw in free cigars so you should have held out.

muttvipertruck said:
figured some way i would get ya...had to be the beer or broads...was gonna throw in free cigars so you should have held out.

I held out... :D .... Now where's my cigars. :dontknow: :p :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back