Financing Options

Try out lendingtree.com, ended up picking rate genius who basically finds the best deal in the area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Well now a days since im 21 never had a credit card or any sort of credit. I cannot get credit so i always buy my stuff with cash because theres no other way!

Well now a days since im 21 never had a credit card or any sort of credit. I cannot get credit so i always buy my stuff with cash because theres no other way!

I used to be in the same boat. I applied for a credit card and even though I had financed and paid off 2 vehicles, I didn't have enough "revolving" credit. So I was great on installment credit, i.e. car loans and could get any car loan I wanted, but had no credit card credit, i.e. revolving credit. Your best bet and something that is responsible, is get a pre-paid credit card. Basically you set the credit limit by giving the company a certain amount of cash, say 1500 bucks, and that's what your credit limit will be. It's more or less a debit card, but is technically a credit card and builds your credit card credit. You can only spend what you put on the card and when it runs out, it runs out. Look into it.

I used to be in the same boat. I applied for a credit card and even though I had financed and paid off 2 vehicles, I didn't have enough "revolving" credit

I ran into that when buying a house at 22, I figured since I had paid off my old truck in half the time, paid off my ATV in year 1 of a 3 year loan. Thought it would be no problem credit rating was amazing. Started looking for a mortgage lender and only one bank would preapprove me.

The bank told me when I applied for that credit card that even if I had bad credit card credit, they would have approved me. But since I didn't have any at all, they couldn't approve me lol. And we wonder why our economy sucks. 'merica!

Refinancing a 9 year old used truck at an interest rate that isn't over 10% is going to be Credit Union territory. I have worked at banks for over 35 years and I always finance my vehicles through a credit union. Banks can't seem to touch their rates on anything other than a new car.

Unless you have USAA. They kill most banks and credit unions on loan interest rates. Financed my wife's used car for 4.9%

Unless you have USAA. They kill most banks and credit unions on loan interest rates. Financed my wife's used car for 4.9%

PSECU financed both my truck and the 300 at 2.49%. BAM! :D

I ran into that when buying a house at 22, I figured since I had paid off my old truck in half the time, paid off my ATV in year 1 of a 3 year loan. Thought it would be no problem credit rating was amazing. Started looking for a mortgage lender and only one bank would preapprove me.

That's because all the banks got in troubl when the housing market went belly up, 8years ago when I bought my house at 20years old they just made things up so it would look good to the bank and had no trouble getting approved. But back then I think they approved everyone that walked in the door

PSECU has the best rates ever! They'll finance up to 7 years now at 2.99%. Hell, 3 years is 1.49%

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back