FIRE CAUSED BY OIL COOLER LINES

FastSRT19 said:
From what i understand the fire was too advanced for anything but a pumper truck to handle...when he went into garage, the right front corner of the truck was well involved in fire...

I dunno your friend's situation but I would have got the garden hose or a pot of water or even urine (preferably my own) to put that right front corner out... ESPECIALLY if it's going on in the garage..

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
I dunno you friend's situation but I would have got the garden hose or a pot of water or even urine (preferably my own) to put that right front corner out... ESPECIALLY if it's going on in the garage..
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Venom Power said:
I dunno you friend's situation but I would have got the garden hose or a pot of water or even urine (preferably my own) to put that right front corner out... ESPECIALLY if it's going on in the garage..

Having been a fireman in the past, i would have tried to put it out myself too, or rolled it out of the garage, but i guess he was more worried about calling 911 and getting his family out of the house...

FastSRT19 said:
Having been a fireman in the past, i would have tried to put it out myself too, or rolled it out of the garage, but i guess he was more worried about calling 911 and getting his family out of the house...

Having been a cop in the past, yes getting my family out of the house would be my priority too.. Get 'em out of the house to help get THE GARDEN HOSE TURNED ONTO THE FIRE... 911 could have been called afterwards.. But that's just me. His house and 10 can be replaced.

moparracing said:
sounds like stinker needs another sale on these lines or free shippin', something ?

what up tony ?? :D
right now since they have been selling so well i have been giving free shipping on them allready, and the best price I can at the moment:eek: since its been so hard to get them.

I had them for $180 and they had another price increase as well as usps did, so I had to raise them to $190:eek:

Venom Power said:
Having been a cop in the past, yes getting my family out of the house would be my priority too.. Get 'em out of the house to help get THE GARDEN HOSE TURNED ONTO THE FIRE... 911 could have been called afterwards.. But that's just me. His house and 10 can be replaced.

Being a cop now, i've seen people try to put fires out themselves, only to burn themselves up...His house is rebuilt, ins paid for everything, and he is getting another 10, this time with Stink's oil lines. :D

I'm definately getting the Stinky oil lines. Just as soon as I figure out how remove the stockers.

If you take the passenger side wheel well liner out its alot easier! They come out with not much trouble at all. :D

Venom Power said:
I'm definately getting the Stinky oil lines. Just as soon as I figure out how remove the stockers.

Steps:
Get front right tire off the ground
Place truck on stands
Remove tire
Remove inner fender
Locate the exchanger and 2 oil lines
pull the black plastic cover back from the fitting
Remove C-Clip (purple)
Position a small cup underneath
Pull hose from fitting
Allow the couple of Oz of oil to drain
Now do the same to the other three fittings

If you have stinkers kit or made one yourself from your local speed shop you simply remove the factory adaptors from the exhanger and engine block. Screw back in the AN adapters and connect your AN lines. Done!

Should be maybe an hour job for a first timer. Takes longer to get the truck in the air and wheel removed than to actually change out the lines.

Chuck B said:
Steps:
Get front right tire off the ground
Place truck on stands
Remove tire
Remove inner fender
Locate the exchanger and 2 oil lines
pull the black plastic cover back from the fitting
Remove C-Clip (purple)
Position a small cup underneath
Pull hose from fitting
Allow the couple of Oz of oil to drain
Now do the same to the other three fittings

If you have stinkers kit or made one yourself from your local speed shop you simply remove the factory adaptors from the exhanger and engine block. Screw back in the AN adapters and connect your AN lines. Done!

Should be maybe an hour job for a first timer. Takes longer to get the truck in the air and wheel removed than to actually change out the lines.

:dito:

ok i haven't went out yet...truck's still a bit hot...but that was 20 mins. ago...but i like the confidence that it would have been done by now:D

gotta get the girl in the air first....now i'm about to go back out...

I wonder if Dodge drains all the oil or if they just do the steps above. If they change the oil I will take the truck in when she needs her oil changed :)

amtrucker22 said:
I wonder if Dodge drains all the oil or if they just do the steps above. If they change the oil I will take the truck in when she needs her oil changed :)

They did not, both times when the dealer replaced mine it was just remove and replace. Shit they didn't even top off the oil, but thats fine, i use Royal Purple anyways...

No need to drain the oil. The exchanger will drain all but a couple ounces backto the engine after shut down. By now your probably having lunch enjoying a job well done! :)

Well I've ordered my 'Stinker' oil lines.:rock:

Are they just a "take the old ones off and put the new ones on" deal?

I have a K&N and a propane conversion so I presume the easiest way in, is to remove the passenger side inner fender?

ok...i'm done...really is a simple job...takes longer to jack it up, remove the tire and fender...if you have the k&n, you'll have to remove the filter to access the bolt on the tray they provide...

those metal spring clips will shoot you're eyes out! (insert "a christmas story" joke here;))

of note: don't go peeling off stickers that are covered in oil while on the creeper...that's stupid and you'll get old oil flung on your face....don't ask me how i know...

and a gallon bucket works better than a cup...as i used TNVIPER's gauge of "8oz. at most", so thought that would be fine...well it is...but you have to get it all in the cup first...thanks larry;)

other than that...i expect it to last...oh...at least a couple of weeks:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back