FIRE CAUSED BY OIL COOLER LINES

I changed my oil cooler lines at 11K and are leaking AGAIN at 18K,problem soon fixed and will be Stinkerized also! should be recieving soon,right Stinker?;) LOL!

Chuck B said:
Yeah he jokes that its so common that they take bets what color F150 burned... If I recall he said its the cruise control as the source.

its the brake switch for the cruise control. its mounted on the master cyl.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
think they, furd, finally halfassed admitted there is a prob & issued a halfass recall, fockers

wasn't the abs module, it was a connection for the cruise control that connected to the brakes. i know, i'm splitting hairs. it was a live 12 vdc connection to the brake system. bad idea to leave 12 volts connected to the brake system. voltage + brake fluid = FIRE!

scoobert said:
ford has a known problem with the abs modual.

I'm not trying to insist this a fraud by any means but, Exhaust manifolds usually run around 450-500 in temp on a N/A engine. I've seen All from BMW's to my 454 Big block chevy dump oil on the headers or exhaust manifolds and the it instantly puts on a lil smoke show but have yet to see any kind of a fire. I think there might be another culprit here, one that should really be found.

Could be anything as cheap HID kit to a shorted control module. I hate to state this but those of us that work in DODGE Dealer or have worked there know we have had issues and performed recall on cars to prevent shorts causing electrical fires. When the Durango got redone in 04 or 05 It turns out something in the cluster had to be changed to "reduce" the possibilty of instrument cluster failure resulting in fire. Also Remember a an 05 dually being towed back to the dealer after about 700 miles with a fire that started in the dash and was luckly put out. DODGE bought that one back after we removed all that was damaged and sent it back HQ. Hell we've had a few folks already loose their instrument cluster here even some that saw the factory smoke come out. I think thats where I would start looking

:dontknow: where do you look for this leak? Mines an 04 with 45,000 and i dont see any oil anywhere.. shoudnt there be some on the floor?

ryan said:
:dontknow: where do you look for this leak? Mines an 04 with 45,000 and i dont see any oil anywhere.. shoudnt there be some on the floor?

Passenger side. Located under the stock air filter box. You have two oil lines and two coolant lines connected. Thus why its called an exchanger. Its not a cooler. It is silver in color. Leaks will occur at any or all of the four connection points of the oil lines (2 on exchanger, 2 on engine block) You have the same type connector up on top of the power steering pump. Its not a matter of if but when yours will leak. These connections are primarily designed for the assembly worker and not for long term integrity.

checked it and mine are seeping as well POS

My 05QC started leaking at around 40K miles. My 06RC has no leaks at 20K miles. If these lines are known to leak then what kind of lines are put in to replace the originals? If it is an identical new line then this does not solve any issues that people are having.

I wonder if Stinker will beat Dodge in finding a cure to this problem. I bet Stinkers will come up with a solution fast. Maybe the warranty work can go thru Stinker.:idea:

SrtBrad said:
My 05QC started leaking at around 40K miles. My 06RC has no leaks at 20K miles. If these lines are known to leak then what kind of lines are put in to replace the originals? If it is an identical new line then this does not solve any issues that people are having.

I wonder if Stinker will beat Dodge in finding a cure to this problem. I bet Stinkers will come up with a solution fast. Maybe the warranty work can go thru Stinker.:idea:

Brad..Stinker came out with lifetime replacement lines months ago..;) .I have a set on my truck.....mine were leaking (06)...

SrtBrad said:

Forget warranty work. Just replace them. Buy from Stinker or see your local mechanic. Even backyard mechanic's like me had these replaced years ago. Any local speed shop will have everything you or your mechanic needs to complete the job. Heck, a standard HVAC or hydraulic repair shop could offer a long term solution over what Dodge has installed....

TNVIPER said:
Brad..Stinker came out with lifetime replacement lines months ago..;) .I have a set on my truck.....mine were leaking (06)...

Dodge should buy Stinkers lines and replace them under warranty. Now back to reality .............. my green light is on.:D

SrtBrad said:
Dodge should buy Stinkers lines and replace them under warranty. Now back to reality .............. my green light is on.:D

My dealer provided labor under warranty to install Stinker's hoses...he also gave me the OEM hoses that the factory provided..I sold those to help offset what I paid Stink......anybody installing Stink's hoses should check with their dealer..

supercar1of1 said:

Taking into consideration the location of the oil lines, what would any leaking oil come into contact with that would be hot enough to cause synthetic oil to reach its flash point?:dontknow:

On another vehicle It leaked oil from the valve cover straight onto the header without flashing, but on our trucks this would not happen because the lines are below the exhaust even if they were hot enough.:confused: Something about this doesn't make sense.:hmmmm2:

Although the pictures make me sick to my stomache and sorry for your buddy, I'm with John on his one. The oil lines aren't anywhere near something hot enough for the oil's flashpoint to be reached. Something just ain't stirring the Kool-aide..

FerrariTruck said:
Hell we've had a few folks already loose their instrument cluster here even some that saw the factory smoke come out. I think thats where I would start looking

:confused: ........................Okay, :dontknow: I'm gonna just ask. What's factory smoke? Because.. Because if I can get my hands on some aftermarket smoke, :proud:I'd be interested.

My oil lines leaked early after I bought her new. Since they were changed under warranty they haven't leaked, but I wouldn't mind Stinking up that area. TONY!! When I see you in PCB you can explain to me how to mess with them connections so I can upgrade.:D

Brat said:
My question is where was his home fire extinguisher?

He probably had one of those wacky novelty ones that shoot out confetti when activated.. Like I have... They don't work well against fires. :dontknow: I know...

Venom Power said:
He probably had one of those wacky novelty ones that shoot out confetti when activated.. Like I have... They don't work well against fires. :dontknow: I know...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

From what i understand the fire was too advanced for anything but a pumper truck to handle...when he went into garage, the right front corner of the truck was well involved in fire...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back