FIRE CAUSED BY OIL COOLER LINES

Stinker said:
right now since they have been selling so well i have been giving free shipping on them allready, and the best price I can at the moment:eek: since its been so hard to get them.

I had them for $180 and they had another price increase as well as usps did, so I had to raise them to $190:eek:
i went to your website but couldn't find 'em....... do you have a link to ordering your $190.00 oil cooler lines (you have two kinds, i want the lifetime warranty ones) ?

btw, your website link on the vtcoa's vendor's page is inoperative.

moparracing said:
i went to your website but couldn't find 'em....... do you have a link to ordering your $190.00 oil cooler lines (you have two kinds, i want the lifetime warranty ones) ?

btw, your website link on the vtcoa's vendor's page is inoperative.

Stinker advised me the only ones he sells now are the ones with the lifetime warranty! :rock:

out of curiosity, and because i'm so familiar with it now...do the lifetime lines remove the quick disconnects and thread on...or do they still use the qd's...they seem a bit loose...but not leaky...

on another note...oil pressure seems a bit high...????? air in the lines...should i open the cap on the valve covers? or something...

i jsut put in another order for the oil lines guys, it may take a week or so to get them tho jsut for info

but yes it replaces the quick connects.

and I can still get the reusables, but with the price difference ,a nd thhe warranty, i would jsut rather sell the lifetimes, the reusables will tend to seep oil out of the fittings over time

longer goes from the front of the engine to the bottom of the exchanger...and the shorter one goes from the back of the block to the top of the exchanger....although...i don't really think it matters...as all it does is in one side, out the other...

Congrats Viperhauler! Now you have to look forward to replacing the HP side of the power steering pump. Same stupid fitting at the pump. Only a bit harder than the oil lines as the upper connector is a bit 'confined'. THose of us with size JUMBO hands can get a bit irritated. :D

As for the oil lines....I cut my braided lines same length (17") and both fit perfectly. Evenly spaced to and from...

:deadhorse:
saw this today for a GM recall. it can happen.

GENERAL MOTORS IS RECALLING 1,497,516 MY 1997-2003 BUICK REGAL, MY 1998-2003 CHEVROLET LUMINA, MONTE CARLO AND IMPALA, MY 1998-1999 OLDSMOBILE INTRIGUE, MY 1997-2003 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 3.8L V6 NATURALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH DROPS OF ENGINE OIL MAY BE DEPOSITED ON THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD THROUGH HARD BRAKING.

Consequence:
IF THE MANIFOLD IS HOT ENOUGH AND THE OIL RUNS BELOW THE HEAT SHIELD, IT MAY IGNITE INTO A SMALL FLAME AND MAY SPREAD TO THE PLASTIC SPARK PLUG WIRE CHANNEL AND BEYOND INCREASING THE RISK OF AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.

Thanks for the info...and i'm still stickin to my previous post :mad: (#39)

Just took the QC in for it's 12K service and asked them to check the oil cooler lines. Bingo, they're leaking. Dealer order another set of these leaky POS since it's under warranty. Stink, I'm heading your way to fix it right.

I'll be checking my truck when I check the crank pulley. Does this oil line failure affect all years?

kennygene said:
I'll be checking my truck when I check the crank pulley. Does this oil line failure affect all years?

Just get Stinker's lines, you won't regret it.

a i got all teary eyed lookin at those pics not only did he lose his baby but his house holy shit :mad:

dam stinker should send all u guys a pair of his lines

Glad everyone got out of the house without significant injury...attempting to put out a fire yourself may actually push the fire to un-involved areas, and spread the of fire...vs. reducing the problem. You did the right thing...get out, and call the fire department.

According to NFPA 921, the “hot surfaces” of a vehicle can serve as an ignition source for certain fuels. NFPA 921, at §§ 25.3.1, 25.4.3.1-25.4.3.2. Automatic transmission fluid, engine oil, and certain brake fluids can ignite on a hot manifold, and may ignite even after a vehicle is shut off. See id. A leak in the valve cover in the exhaust system may allow engine oil to contact the manifold, which may result in ignition. See id. at § 25.5.2.1. Typically, gasoline will not ignite by a hot surface, but can be ignited by an electrical arc or spark. See id. at § 25.4.3.2.

http://www.croberts.com/oil.htm

http://www.tedfordhenry.com/admin/uploaded_files/article_1206552268.pdf

Last edited:
FastSRT19 said:
Long story short, a guy from my area (who has been on here before, but has not posted) took his truck out for a spin, parked it back in his garage, and went inside. After a few minutes he heard a "pop" and went to investigate...he observed the passenger side front area of his 05 RC involved in fire. The truck and home were destroyed. His ins co. hired an expert fire investigator who determined the fire started on the passenger side of the engine compartment in the area of the oil cooler. Invest is still ongoing, with legal action against Dodge in the near future. The truck was stock besided an aftermarket shifter (which the handle is still visible). Everyone should inspect the oil cooler lines ASAP and be careful of parking inside after a drive.

fire32.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire22.jpg

That was i nice looking truck to ....sucks.... i feel bad for him. i talked to him he wated to see our trucks one day.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back