First time draggin the truck

spdrcrj

Reaction score
Times were slow but consistant. I'm in no way a drag racer but had fun (the whole point). Just for referance, there was a 996 Porsche 911 Turbo S there who's best time was a 13.1X and I was in the top 10% for times. A couple of guys there said the heat and the elevation (3100ft ish) is what was killin times. I got 17 runs in about 3 hours so that's pretty good. Truck has long tubes, midless cats, I sprung for 8 gallons of 100 octane so I could use my 93 tune, general grabber tires with 24lbs of pressure. I kept the truck in street trim (no spare removal, liftgate on and up, and no burnouts). Avg 60' times were 2.28, avg 1/4 mile mph at 102.6. Best e/t was a 13.802. Never lost all night. Raced a couple of small rice burners, a 300rwhp caliber srt4, a 300C srt8, and a few trucks (nothing special).

One run:

DSCF0001.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time! I like those chrome rims WAY better then the polished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 runs in one night.........dude that amazing. At my track you get 3 qualifying then its the elimination rounds. You lose you go home.

Having fun is what its all about.

patrick

yeah, I wish the picture turned out better but I was in a hurry since I was next in line for the security check.

spdrcrj said:
Times were slow but consistant. I'm in no way a drag racer but had fun (the whole point). A couple of guys there said the heat and the elevation (3100ft ish) is what was killin times. I got 17 runs in about 3 hours so that's pretty good. Best e/t was a 13.802.
it's all about the fun & of course, best kept off da street..... :)
i thought the night i ran 11 runs was alot - 17 ? :rock:
not alot of racers that night ?

glad ya had fun, it is an adrenalin rush. :D

what gears do you have in that thing???? it seams that you were in 4th for a long time before crossing the line... I just get with in about 100 feet of the end before having to shift.. and if im on a slow shitty run i dont even have to shift i can cross in 3rd

17 runs? I don't think I have 17 runs total on my truck.

At that pace...you have to be suffering from heat soak. Do a search and read the threads that talk about the Roe Racing IAT Mod.

You may be very surprised at what a $1.00 mod can do for your times.

Looks like you had a great night at the track... I never got that many runs in on one night... you can really get to know the truck when you can string in some runs...understanding that your not going to improve on times with "hot lapping". Guys on the spray...;) :dontknow: :D Work on R/T and shifts then...and get some heads up kills:driver::burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Thanks for sharing.
Have fun :rock:

Thanks for the posts guys. Yeah, I did get alot of runs. The engine coolant temp stayed around 180. I could powershift, do a burnout, and such but I just wanted to romp on the truck and not get a ticket. I don't get spun up about "oh my god, nobody should ever street race or you'll all go to hell". I do, however, get spun up about getting speeding tickets and paying for the city's coffers when thats what taxes are for.

Tack it up to only 1500-1600 off the line with those street tires. Glad you got your money's worth of runs and had a good time. Just please shift it like you stole it...

You can not post anymore pics of the damn truck!!!!!!!!!! It makes me miss it more and more! :D

Sweet runs. Looks like you had a good time, and that is what counts.

John02SS said:
You can not post anymore pics of the damn truck!!!!!!!!!! It makes me miss it more and more! :D

Sweet runs. Looks like you had a good time, and that is what counts.
Hey John,

Was going to forward this link to you today but I guess you got to it before I could get a chance.

I put the rest of the Cal-tracs on today... Had the bars powder-coated red last week. Will finish with the install on Monday.

I am glad to see you on here. You looking for another one? :D ;)

500snakz said:
Tack it up to only 1500-1600 off the line with those street tires. Glad you got your money's worth of runs and had a good time. Just please shift it like you stole it...

haha.....yeah, I'm just not shittin money right now so I'd rather granny shift and keep the tranny in one piece. I'm fighting the urge to put some Roe ported heads on......again.

Thanks for the tack advice. I was tackin around 2500.

Hey John, you have to have your sig say....spdrcrj owns......again. LOL

Paul, Good deal on the Caltracs. Glad ou got them all on. Still need to do lunch one day. Never know what truck I'll end up with. I'm as bad as Jim!

Jim, fixed it buddy! Did I mention it is nice here in Sunny Florida, while you are enjoying the tumble weeds in Mexico! :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back