Floaty Suspension

Kx1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i hit bumps in the turns it seems very floaty if that makes sense
Just wondering if that normal for these trucks or I should start looking into it and start shopping suspension parts

Truck is a 2004 RC all original 62500miles
I want to make it handle better all around
I plan on leveling it and some traction bars

Kx

Well, if it has original shocks on it, they are 14 years old, and if you're starting to track the truck, it will show.

Climb under there, wipe off leaking oil from the cooler lines, then look at your control arm bushings and tie rod ends.

Plus these things have a bad bump steer to begin with , Atleast mine did

Plus these things have a bad bump steer to begin with , Atleast mine did

Lowered trucks have bad bump steer due to geometry and lack of suspension travel.

My non-lowered RC with poly bushings (including the rear leaf eyes) is very solid and planted. Properly warm the Scorpion Zero's, keep the recommended 38 psi in them and the truck will handle great. The stock Bilstein's dampen the spring rate on these trucks very well if they are in good condition. The truck works better above 90 mph in the turns. The loading gets into the sweet spot of the springs and the front splitter and rear wing begin to work. It's a beautiful thing.:rock:

Here is a link to a classic video clip of the SRT-10 on a road course... Get you big boy pants on and take the rig for a serious spin!! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKPlteim1o[/ame]

Here is a link to a classic video clip of the SRT-10 on a road course... Get you big boy pants on and take the rig for a serious spin!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKPlteim1o

Not to hijack this thread. while I was watching that video, I noticed the gauge cluster with the yellow triangle. Is this a video thing? I don't have that type of gauge in mine.???

Not to hijack this thread. while I was watching that video, I noticed the gauge cluster with the yellow triangle. Is this a video thing? I don't have that type of gauge in mine.???

The yellow triangle feature gets "unlocked" when you ad mud flaps to your muscle truck!! lol

It's just some sort of graphic that was added to the video. :)

Well, if it has original shocks on it, they are 14 years old, and if you're starting to track the truck, it will show.

Climb under there, wipe off leaking oil from the cooler lines, then look at your control arm bushings and tie rod ends.

Yes the shocks are original no leaks that i can see but was looking to upgrade to the QA1 shocks

Cooler lines were replaced by previous owner and i replaced the P/S Lines before i put it away last winter

Ill look at the bushings

Thanks
Kx

I put energy suspension bushings on the front and rear sways , I have but never installed the upper and lower A arm bushings, mine floated a lot, maybe it was the nitto tires also, they looked like they were cupping in the center

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back