Fontana Saturday March 8, 2008

I'd love to go but m son's basketball game is on Saturday. I was voted as new coach after the 1st coach quit. I'm a Canadian that plays Hockey and goes skiing. I don't know the first thing about Basketball....................Help..........Saturday is my first game as coach.

MavericsMarch12008001b.jpg

Furyous said:
Anyone going? The wife and I are going with new tires and a new programmer. I would like to bring the BBQ and such if others are coming.

http://californiaspeedway.com/dragway/
How about you coming to the gtg in Temecula next week? It's just down the road from Fontana.

Maybe I will take a ride up to Fontana tomorrow with my kid. I'm always looking for an excuse to take him somewhere on the bike. If so , I'll look for you.

I might go since they new engine is in. Have to break it in one way or another, lol. Maybe we can meet up at the Carl's Jr?

I am going with my wife and a couple of nephews. She will be taking her car too so we will have a place to stash stuff when we race and extra room to carry stuff down there. With all that, I don't think we will stop before getting there.

We should be bringing some food and you all are welcome to share it :)

From March 14th - 21st I will be in Palm Springs working or I would head to the Temecula get together. I am setting up a pretty big convention for monday so I will be pretty busy that weekend :(

wish I could go... but the tanks tranny is hosed...no sense runnin the NR... catcha next time tho :D

Fontana changed the way they run this. It was pure torture. Over 4 hours to get through the tech inspection, another 2 hours in line to make my first run. Gave up after waiting another 2 hours for my last run.

They got rid of groups so it is a free for all for the lines. 7 lines filtering into 2 drag lines. Complete morons sorting the lines. 20 from one line then 3 from another, no rhyme or reason. Motorcycles were allowed to bypass the lines, giving them 4 - 5 runs to each run for anyone else.

I brought my nephews and never got to see them. Instead of watching the races and socializing while waiting for my group to be called. I had to spend the entire time waiting in line.

I couldn't have been more disappointed.

I had a new program from DC and the 17" wheels with the MH drag radials only shaved about 2/10ths off my time. I was disappointed with that but I was impressed with how well the drag radials stuck. Brought my 60' time to 2 seconds and I give them complete credit for the increase in time. It was actually hard to break them loose even without a burnout before the race. I burned out on the first race and didn't on the second. They stuck great.

Beat a Toyota Tundra by a good bit on the first race and got beat by a hopped up lancer on the second.

Both races where around 14 seconds and 100 MPH. I had a good start on the truck but a real bad reaction time on the lancer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back