Football free agent thread

phxpoolguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your team and who did they sign or let go? Any thoughts on upcoming football draft and season?

Finally let go of freaking ASMOUGHA!!!

We picked up Casey from Houston and Chung from New England two nice pick-ups that were much needed. Fletcher is also a nice pick-up.

I have been a longtime Seahawks fan and watched their run into the playoffs last season..that game vs the Falcons was one for the books. I really liked this recent trade for Percy Harvin from the Vikings. He's a real speed demon on the field and should add another threat for a defense to worry about. Sure they gave up a first round pick and some mid-round picks but I guess Schneider/Carroll felt he was alot better than the rookie class receivers coming out.

But GM John Schneider has always been more of a built thru the draft kinda guy, first with Green Bay and now with Seattle. Sure guys like Stephen Jackson, Wes Welker, Charles Woodson, Osi Umenyiora, Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Greg Jennings, James Harrison will be available but I just don't see Seattle spending huge money on free agents. They have about $18.6 million in salary cap space but Schneider/Carroll love those middle round guys, training camp cuts, or even from the CFL to fill positions better. TE Zach Miller is expected to make $11 million this year..too much and I expect his contract reworked to sign some draft picks.

But right now I really like our current roster, except maybe for another pass rusher and a linebacker to replace Leroy Hill. For I feel the Seahawks will make another serious run to the super bowl, with the right balance on offensive and defense.

Last edited:
I like Seattle's trade for Percy, they're trades and the 49er's are going to make the NFC west a tough division in the NFC.

Last edited:
49ers going for Boldin was a nice move, Ravens lost a shitload of players.

I'm a long time San Francisco 49ers fan. I knew we had other plans when Randy Moss was told he was not going to return with the team for the 2013 Season. Anquan Boldin was a huge pick up for us. I hear now the Niners are trying to get Ed Reed next.... If we can land a few more key pieces, I think the 49ers will go back and Win the Superbowl.... :rock:

My NFL team is Tampa Bay. I'd like to see them get Revis from the Jets. Otherwise, I'd like to see the Bucs get focused on the draft. They had a solid draft last year that produced 3 bonafide starts at strong safety, linebacker, and running back. They need more defensive players and this year's draft is defense heavy, so I see them getting some more solid depth on that side of the ball.

Till they trade Jerry Jones :mad: and Jr. Jerry Jones (his son):( my favorite team the Dallas Cowboys will never be a Super Bowl contender. :toilet: Period.

Yep, same with the Raiders. From a pure business aspect, Al Davis dying was the best thing to happen to the Raiders. Davis was stuck on the glory days back in the 70's when his style of football was successful. Jerry Jones is the same way, riding the wave of the mid 90's when the Cowboys were good. But the thing he fails to realize is that he sucks at evaluating talent. Jimmy Johnson was the reason they won those Super Bowls, not Jerry Jones. He's great at signing checks, but terrible at analyzing. He's the football Yankees. Sure he drafts a few good guys here and there, but he's terrible at building depth and like the Yankees, he has an eye for old washed up players. Look at the Giants and Patriots. They build through the draft. Same with the Ravens. Yeah they plug in a veteran here and there, but the Patriots, for example, plug in a specific veteran for a very specific role and then cut them loose after a season or two. Look at how they are handling Wes Welker. You want more money? Fine, get it elsewhere and we'll replace you with another role player in free agency or the draft because that's what they do every year and it works for them. Sure they don't win the Super Bowl every year, but they make the playoffs year in and year out and are consistent winners. I could go on and on, but you're right Shorty, Jerry Jones needs to go.

I'm a long time San Francisco 49ers fan. I knew we had other plans when Randy Moss was told he was not going to return with the team for the 2013 Season. Anquan Boldin was a huge pick up for us. I hear now the Niners are trying to get Ed Reed next.... If we can land a few more key pieces, I think the 49ers will go back and Win the Superbowl.... :rock:

My man! Really cheap price to pay for Boldin! The guy had his best games in the postseason and is very durable. I think we need a SS and a CB. Losing TE Walker wasnt good, but you cant keep them all.

A little trivia-----who is the single player without whom the Cowboys would not have won the Super Bowls, at least not as soon and maybe never. Scroll down.

Hershel Walker. Even though he never played on a Cowboy super bowl team his trade to Minnesota got Jimmy Johnson 13 players, 4 of which made an immediate impact on for the Boys. They already had Aikman and Irvin but were not good at defense. Remember Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson?

So what is your point? Did you see the ESPN 30/30 documentary? IIRC, Jimmy Johnson orchestrated that trade, not Jerry Jones.

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. Jimmy’s trade made the Boys what they were in the past, not Jerry and certainly not that pin headed son of his. But----Jimmy Johnson couldn’t do it for Miami so maybe it was just a stroke of luck they made that trade, plus a dumb GM in Mike Lynn in Minnesota. Just trivia, nothing more.

ah gotcha, no worries. And for what it's worth, no GM has got it right in Miami since Don Shula was the coach. Even the one who drafted Dan Marino didn't get it right since they only ever went to 1 Super Bowl with Marino. They never could surround him with talent, regardless of who was the coach or GM.

Tampa Bay
Get Goldson/Grimes stay away from Revis he will not pay off. Not worth the draft picks or the money.

Finally let go of freaking ASMOUGHA!!!

We picked up Casey from Houston and Chung from New England two nice pick-ups that were much needed. Fletcher is also a nice pick-up.

YES!!!!! I was excited to see that too.

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. Jimmy’s trade made the Boys what they were in the past, not Jerry and certainly not that pin headed son of his. But----Jimmy Johnson couldn’t do it for Miami so maybe it was just a stroke of luck they made that trade, plus a dumb GM in Mike Lynn in Minnesota. Just trivia, nothing more.

Jimmy actually drafted us some good players, I wish he would of stayed longer. His mom or dad passed away and that really made him shift his priorities from football to family. I think he would have made us a consistent playoff team if he wouldn't of retired.

If your looking for a qb in free agency..the pickings aren't exactly stellar..lots of backups, failed starters and past their prime.

Matt Moore, Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Josh Johnson, Byron Leftwich, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, David Carr, Derek Anderson, Drew Stanton, Chase Daniel, Brian Hoyer, Charlie Batch, Bruce Gradkowski, Kellen Clemens, Tyler Thigpen, Caleb Hanie, Josh McCown, Sage Rosenfels, Seneca Wallace, Donovan McNabb, A.J. Feely, Troy Smith, Luke McCown, Chris Redman, John Beck, Jordan Palmer, J.P. Losman, Kevin O'Connell and recently released Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back