Football free agent thread

images

Really hoping that Revis is healthy because it looks as though the Bucs are going to trade for him on draft day. Dont like being in cap hell and dont want another Albert Haynesworth

Well you got your wish..six years for $96 million. Highest paid defensive back ever. I still question his health but hopefully for the Bucs he's worth it.

Looks like the Dolphins traded up to #3 to get Dion Jordan. Everything I've read says he is a quick player in the Jason Taylor mold, hope so.

And the Bills are once again headed down the road of drafting a QB in the first round and still sucking. the last time they took one in the first round, JP Losman, he had all the numbers and hype coming out of Tulane and sucked. Now they are getting a guy from a program that has all the hype and numbers in FSU, but the player EJ Manuel didn't do very much. The gurus say all the time that the great players elevate the play of those around them, regardless of their own personal stats. EJ Manuel did not elevate the players around him at FSU and he didn't have elite stats either. He would have been a solid second round pick, not the 16th overall.

I'm glad the Bucs traded for Revis.

Looks like the Dolphins traded up to #3 to get Dion Jordan. Everything I've read says he is a quick player in the Jason Taylor mold, hope so.

I think a reach at #3, but paired with Cameron Wake on that defensive line, could be very fun to watch. Along the lines of the Giants with St. Pierre and Justin Tuck

I think a reach at #3, but paired with Cameron Wake on that defensive line, could be very fun to watch. Along the lines of the Giants with St. Pierre and Justin Tuck

I thought maybe we shouldn't have traded up to get him either. But if he turns out like Jason Taylor, all this will be forgotten, :D

And the Bills are once again headed down the road of drafting a QB in the first round and still sucking. the last time they took one in the first round, JP Losman, he had all the numbers and hype coming out of Tulane and sucked. Now they are getting a guy from a program that has all the hype and numbers in FSU, but the player EJ Manuel didn't do very much. The gurus say all the time that the great players elevate the play of those around them, regardless of their own personal stats. EJ Manuel did not elevate the players around him at FSU and he didn't have elite stats either. He would have been a solid second round pick, not the 16th overall.

I'm glad the Bucs traded for Revis.

Yea i like the bucs.. not my fave but i hope they do well. Is rhonde barber still there?

Yes and no. Technically no, but he has an open invitation to return. He's contemplating returning or retiring, he refuses to play for any other team. He has his ring, many Pro Bowls, etc, so there's no pressure either way. The Bucs did draft a corner in the second round, Jonathan Banks from Miss St. He wont the Thorpe Award as the top DB in college last year, but a slow combine time dropped him on the draft boards. But he's 6'2" 185 and played in the SEC at an elite level. He beat out Alabama's Dee Milliner for the Thorpe Award and Milliner went #9 to the Jets, so a potential steal of a pick for the Bucs.

Alright cool!! I just want my "boys" to get witten at least to the nfc championship.lol dudes getting lil old. I like how the boys got a WR...C...and SS. I think.that center will be pretty solid player he was considered a team leader and role model in college... imo ive stayed by romo's side... i like him i think hes good... not great yet cause rings.show your great but IMO Tony will.never be a true leader.in.dallas

I was laughing this morning at the article on ESPN bashing the Cowboys pick (and I agree), but what was funny was the kid's reaction. He straight up said he felt like he was a 2nd round pick and was surprised when he got the call lol. Jerry Jones and his son suck, just like Al Davis and just like the Yankees owners and management.

I was laughing this morning at the article on ESPN bashing the Cowboys pick (and I agree), but what was funny was the kid's reaction. He straight up said he felt like he was a 2nd round pick and was surprised when he got the call lol. Jerry Jones and his son suck, just like Al Davis and just like the Yankees owners and management.

Yea i agree! Its just amazing to me all the rich teams.when they win 9/10 times its cause they're payroll is lower than.most years and they'll win but still go.after the overpaid free agents. Like giants in baseball not a huge payroll team yets theyve won two series in past 4 yrs and even beat team in baseball who had the highest payroll. Thats another discussion tho. All im.glad for is cowboys went after an o-lineman i think that should be priority #1 imo

Yeah they picked the correct need, just not sure they took the right player. Alabama's All-American Barret Jones was available, I'd have gone with him.

Good ole Jerry Jones, every year he proves how much it was really Jimmy that won them those Super Bowls, :D

Came across a Top Ten list of Free-Agents still out there..most likely gotten for a bargain.

John Abraham-DE
Ahmad Bradshaw-RB
Kerry Rhodes-S
Richard Seymour-DE
Tim Tebow-QB
Brandon Lloyd-WR
Eric Winston-OT
Karlos Dansby-LB
Dwight Freeney-DE
Brandon Moore-OG

I think Dansby and Freeney will be solid performers out of that list. Both have the attitude to go to a team and have a chip on their shoulders for not being signed earlier. And the talent to back it up.

My team is the broncos only good one was wes welker. The other ones were jammer and cromarti.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back