Football free agent thread

I have been a longtime Seahawks fan and watched their run into the playoffs last season..that game vs the Falcons was one for the books. I really liked this recent trade for Percy Harvin from the Vikings. He's a real speed demon on the field and should add another threat for a defense to worry about. Sure they gave up a first round pick and some mid-round picks but I guess Schneider/Carroll felt he was alot better than the rookie class receivers coming out.

But GM John Schneider has always been more of a built thru the draft kinda guy, first with Green Bay and now with Seattle. Sure guys like Stephen Jackson, Wes Welker, Charles Woodson, Osi Umenyiora, Jake Long, Reggie Bush, Greg Jennings, James Harrison will be available but I just don't see Seattle spending huge money on free agents. They have about $18.6 million in salary cap space but Schneider/Carroll love those middle round guys, training camp cuts, or even from the CFL to fill positions better. TE Zach Miller is expected to make $11 million this year..too much and I expect his contract reworked to sign some draft picks.

But right now I really like our current roster, except maybe for another pass rusher and a linebacker to replace Leroy Hill. For I feel the Seahawks will make another serious run to the super bowl, with the right balance on offensive and defense.

My son in law is Alan Branch...he's actually talking with team today and hoping to stay in Seattle. I don't think he gets enough credit for taking up extra blockers so players around him can make plays. But of course i would think that...lol

An excellent day for the Dolphins:
Got the best free agent available in Mike Wallace
A new Linbacker tandem with Phillip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe
And, we are talking with Dustin Keller

Hated to see Bush go, but Lamar Miller can carry us forward.

Best news of all, Wes Welker is out of our division!

An excellent day for the Dolphins:
Got the best free agent available in Mike Wallace
A new Linbacker tandem with Phillip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe
And, we are talking with Dustin Keller

Hated to see Bush go, but Lamar Miller can carry us forward.

Best news of all, Wes Welker is out of our division!

Yup, not good news for Patriots fans...

I'm not sold on Mike Wallace being a good pickup for the Dolphins. He's not topped 1100 yards receiving and that was with a proven QB and on an offense with a solid offense (good TE, good running game, Antonio Brown at the other WR position). Plus, as stated in some articles I've read, the Steelers could have locked him up last year or the year before and could have made cuts to keep him this year too, and they chose to let him walk. There's something to be said for a team that has had the guy since he was a rookie and knows him in and out and they let him walk without a fight. He's not the savior that everyone thinks he's going to be. Certainly an upgrade, but not going to be Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Wallace isn't a good route runner, so he's not going to always be able to get himself open.

I'm not sold on Mike Wallace being a good pickup for the Dolphins. He's not topped 1100 yards receiving and that was with a proven QB and on an offense with a solid offense (good TE, good running game, Antonio Brown at the other WR position). Plus, as stated in some articles I've read, the Steelers could have locked him up last year or the year before and could have made cuts to keep him this year too, and they chose to let him walk. There's something to be said for a team that has had the guy since he was a rookie and knows him in and out and they let him walk without a fight. He's not the savior that everyone thinks he's going to be. Certainly an upgrade, but not going to be Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Wallace isn't a good route runner, so he's not going to always be able to get himself open.

I agree. Wallace ain't our savior.
Plus, who the fuck is gonna throw to him?!?!
Shit we could've got Welker too. He's making close to what slow ass Hartline got

Your QB will be a good above average player IMO, but he will never be "really good" or "elite". Something like Andy Dalton of the Bengals. With the right players and a solid defense, he could be a "manager" and they could do very well. But Tannehill is not Joe Flacco. He's not even Josh Freeman. Dolphins will be solid, but still have a ways to go.

Your QB will be a good above average player IMO, but he will never be "really good" or "elite". Something like Andy Dalton of the Bengals. With the right players and a solid defense, he could be a "manager" and they could do very well. But Tannehill is not Joe Flacco. He's not even Josh Freeman. Dolphins will be solid, but still have a ways to go.

We're a first round team, at best, with Tannehill. And that's still a couple years out

Yep, agreed. Maybe 2nd round if the running game can be a factor and/or the defense gets stout. All of the talent this year is going to be in the NFC, so a team like the Dolphins, Texans, or Bengals, with some luck, can sneak deep into the playoffs. NFC West is going to be retarded with all the moves made by San Fran and Seattle. ATL should be good. Bucs could steal some wins if their secondary improves.

Yep, agreed. Maybe 2nd round if the running game can be a factor and/or the defense gets stout. All of the talent this year is going to be in the NFC, so a team like the Dolphins, Texans, or Bengals, with some luck, can sneak deep into the playoffs. NFC West is going to be retarded with all the moves made by San Fran and Seattle. ATL should be good. Bucs could steal some wins if their secondary improves.

Don't rule out the broncos. If they can keep mgahee healthy, they'll make a solid run for it

See Seahawks signed pass rusher Cliff Avrill to two years at $15 million...nice insurance since Chris Clemons is coming off a torn ACL from a playoff game and most likely won't be available until late preseason at best. Be nice to resign Alan Branch too...at 6'6 @ 325 he can certainally fill those running holes. But maybe a better offer elsewhere???

I agree about Revis..he's best days are behind him and seems to be damaged goods in my opinion. But I'm sure some team will sign him to a mega deal and probably regret it later. This sounds like something Al Davis would of done a few years ago.

See Seahawks signed pass rusher Cliff Avrill to two years at $15 million...nice insurance since Chris Clemons is coming off a torn ACL from a playoff game and most likely won't be available until late preseason at best. Be nice to resign Alan Branch too...at 6'6 @ 325 he can certainally fill those running holes. But maybe a better offer elsewhere???

I agree about Revis..he's best days are behind him and seems to be damaged goods in my opinion. But I'm sure some team will sign him to a mega deal and probably regret it later. This sounds like something Al Davis would of done a few years ago.

Shit, as week as our dolphins secondary is...
We may as well get all the old dudes.
Pacman, Woodson, Hall and revis. Lol

Throw Matt Cassel on the qb pile as the Chiefs have released him..hearing the Cardinals will do the same with Kevin Kolb. I guess $60 million doesn't buy what it use to...

Looks like our CB signed with the Chiefs, guess we'll see how good of a draft we have.

Two good moves today

Dolphins signed Dustin Keller and Brandon Gibson.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back