Forged 2006 Viper Engine for sale

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have sold my turbo truck due to money problems a few months ago. Originally I had pulled this engine out of my 2006 RC for a rebuild due to low compression on one cylinder. Well, I put a bone stock engine in it, and returned it to 100% stock, and sold it at the Dallas Auto Auction to a dealer. Now after like 2 years the motor for that truck is finally ready. Only problem is, I dont have a Viper car or Truck to put it in. It is a complete longblock, but I purposely have not installed the heads or intake manifold simply because I was the person who buys this engine to see the work first hand. The engine was completely torn down and bored .10 or .20 over(I cant remember the exact #'s off the top of my head, but it didnt need much, basically a measured/machined hone), and rebuilt with Diamond Racing Forged pistons and rings, clevite bearings, factory camshaft, factory rods, and the original factory crank was turned .10. It was cleaned and baked and looks like a freaking crate motor. The engine was assembled by myself and my builder/machinist. I dont have any big names to throw out there, but I'll tell you this: All the work was done with an incredible amount of pride. This was supposed to by MY engine going into MY truck, so every clearance, spec, and torque were PERFECTLY executed. This will serve someone an excellent engine for miles and years to come if it is maintained properly. This engine will handle 12 or 15 lbs of boost no problem, probably more. I can provide the VIN# from the original truck this engine was removed from. This engine will work in all 2004-2006 SRT-10 reg cab 6 speeds. I do not think it will fit an automatic transmission with out modification. The heads are stock. The intake manifold is stock except it has been powder coated black to match my old truck. The factory push rods and rockers are included along with all the oem bolts for assembly. The valve covers are included. The coil packs are stock, but are included. No throttle body, PCM, wire harness, or oil pan as all this stuff was used on the truck the engine came from. The 2006 knock sensors are included. Factory manifolds are included. Its ready for your choice of Cam, exhaust, Throttle body, rockers etc. Compression is slightly increased to about 9.5, maybe 10:1. It will make a wonderful NOS engine or Paxton/turbo engine. I built it to use a Paxton on it. Anyway, I need it to go away. I will take $5000 firm for this complete long block engine. This engine is worth SO MUCH MORE, so please no offers. I want $5000. Only God knows how much money I spent on this build. This is a huge savings for whoever buys it. This engine is new and never been run. I will consider trades of any kind of value, but keep in mind, I'm selling so cheap, I would expect the buyer to be fair. I'll post some pics later today if I get time. I dont check my PM box very often so its best to call me at (817)556-1133. I am close to Fort Worth, Texas. I will be happy to help arrange shipping, if needed. Thanks for reading guys and sorry I had to jump ship. Financial obligations forced it. Call me anytime. Robert

Sounds like a good deal, but why would you increase compression if you were planning on using it for a FI application? Should have been bumped down.

My experience is a slightly-lower off idle throttle response with lowered compression, so I did not lower compression. The pistons are factory spec, but they took a tad bit of an edge off the block, so Im just being safe. After I sit here and think about it, its gonna be 9.5:1 tops, maybe.

My experience is a slightly-lower off idle throttle response with lowered compression, so I did not lower compression. The pistons are factory spec, but they took a tad bit of an edge off the block, so Im just being safe. After I sit here and think about it, its gonna be 9.5:1 tops, maybe.

Ok, 9:6:1 CR is stock if I recall, mine was bumped down to 9:2:1 CR for FI
application.

I was thinking they were 9:1. Just got off the phone with my machinist. He said CR didnt change, so its 9.6, maybe approx 9.7:1.

WTF!!! 12-15 lbs on factory rods?!?! No Fuckin way. Why the hell would you rebuild a motor with stock rods?!? Come on man. and factory pushrods?

Last edited:
I was gonna run like 10 lbs or whatever I could get the paxton to push, and stock rods are fine way past that. Pistons are the weak link, not rods. Please dont make "WTF" statements on my thread dude. I got an engine to sell and don't need absolutelty false statements cluttering up my thread. Well, unless I really am mistaken, and I need correction, then maybe thats fine, but a "WTF, your a dummy" is completely out of line on this one. You obviously just repeat non-facts as though they are true facts, when really your just repeating incorrect information you "heard from someone" bacause your ignornant statement in the above post was not only ignorant, but completely untrue, and unbacked by any facts. People dont tell me anything I feel the need to repeat in a negative mannor. Why? I'm a fairly educated realist with real world testing and experience under my belt with these engines. I know my stuff. Not cool man.

I was gonna run like 10 lbs or whatever I could get the paxton to push, and stock rods are fine way past that. Pistons are the weak link, not rods. Please dont make "WTF" statements on my thread dude. I got an engine to sell and don't need absolutelty false statements cluttering up my thread. Well, unless I really am mistaken, and I need correction, then maybe thats fine, but a "WTF, your a dummy" is completely out of line on this one. You obviously just repeat non-facts as though they are true facts, when really your just repeating incorrect information you "heard from someone" bacause your ignornant statement in the above post was not only ignorant, but completely untrue, and unbacked by any facts. People dont tell me anything I feel the need to repeat in a negative mannor. Why? I'm a fairly educated realist with real world testing and experience under my belt with these engines. I know my stuff. Not cool man.
come on man. Who the hell would rebuild a motor for FI and out the stock non-forged rods back in. That's just cheap as shit. So pistons and bearings,constitute a "built" motor. And no,we've NEVER seen on of these motors on FI, throw a rod. Really?! I ain't no dummy either. Good luck with ur sale bud.

Hey Rob, you get those NEW 22" tires for my truck yet?
Just thought I'd ask.:confused::dontknow:

So this is a Variable Compression Viper Motor? I've seen 4 different CRs this thing is? Just wondered? Yes factory rods are the sucketh!
Hope this is politically correct enough:itsme:

I know with the 6.1 srt's, the pistons are the weak link as he said.

My friend has 10 pounds on his jeep, non forge engine all together.

Been to the track countless times and never a problem as of yet.

Good deal when you look at used viper engines on ebay going for 6000/8000 K. with 30 to 40 K miles.

So this is a Variable Compression Viper Motor? I've seen 4 different CRs this thing is? Just wondered? Yes factory rods are the sucketh!

Well according to mr rob, factory rods are good for up to 15lbs? :dontknow: Where are the pics of this "forged motor"?

Well according to mr rob, factory rods are good for up to 15lbs? :dontknow: Where are the pics of this "forged motor"?

I can't say for rods, he did do some head work to his engine in the last month.

I can ask about the 6.1 but the 8.3 I have no idea.

Only thing him & other very fast jeep guys told me were that the pistons will crack, and thats the weakest link in them engines.

I'm sure the people at roeracing would know right off hand, or tony :)

but all in all the price is still not hateful.

You're only as strong as the weakest link, price is good for what your getting, but I wouldn't advertise as a forged engine.

At least he did give a breakdown of the build, so the buyer would know what he's getting.

Here we go again! :D

Yup, I thought the same as well:D
I just can't seem to let a chunk of money like that outta my head. Don't take kindly to gettin screwed. Still have a "State Trooper" that sold me a bad T56 to deal with as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back