forged pistons and rods

Stinker, you have found your fourth.:rock: Im in, but I want a rod that can handle more than 1000hp. More like the 2000 range at the crank if possible. Also interested in coatings, billet mains, rings, and all the other good stuff. Let me know what it costs and a check will be on the way.

yellowfever#154 said:
Stinker, you have found your fourth.:rock: Im in, but I want a rod that can handle more than 1000hp. More like the 2000 range at the crank if possible. Also interested in coatings, billet mains, rings, and all the other good stuff. Let me know what it costs and a check will be on the way.
cool, will make the calls tommorrow:rock:

will contact everyone on payments too

the rod that he is talking of is capable of doin what you ask sir:rock:

I will call tommorrow, i will find more details about the rods, the rods will be excellent, the best thing is all the parts will be replacable with off the shelf items:rock:

Stinker said:
bump for those interested:D
i read thru this thread again & not quite sure what deal you're offering ?

started out with oliver rods & je pistons, but then talk of some chevy parts in a viper motor, turning the crank to get it to fit...... what is the deal ?

btw, do you know of an installer in the portland, oregon area ?

thanks tony.

moparracing said:
i read thru this thread again & not quite sure what deal you're offering ?

started out with oliver rods & je pistons, but then talk of some chevy parts in a viper motor, turning the crank to get it to fit...... what is the deal ?

btw, do you know of an installer in the portland, oregon area ?

thanks tony.

LOLOL I know bo, yesterday I was handed a ton of info, so it kinda got slapped up :D

the rod is the same rod almost all viper builders use, capable of any hp you thro at it.

forget the chevy thing for a moment:D

the rod is a stock shelf rod for oliver, the crank would need to be turned to a 2100 spec, with doing that you open yourself to tons of differnt options for bearings. That way you are not stuck with one style viper oem bearing.
your choices improve greatly.Plus you will be truing the crank anyway , and doing this you are guarenteed a straight crank. And then balance the assembly
It does not compromise the crank whatsovever
the pin size is .927 , again off the shelf part, that way parts , pistons are all readily available if any such need arizes.

for the $2600 you get the rods, and pistons, the pistons will be cut to your order, meaning if you want stock bore, 5 thousands over or 10 over.
with the .927 pin size , you again are off the shelf part, that JE keeps and would only have to cut to your specs.

the extra parts needed, will be ringset, which i will be able to get for NOS, turbo, or superchargers. they are in the $200 area
coating of the pistons are $20 for the skirt, $24 for the cap, this reduces friction, and reduces wear on the piston and the bore.

i think i can find a builder, i think , In oregon, will have to check on that for ya sir

Please ask any questions, if i dont have it in front of me , i will find it for you

Stinker said:
LOLOL I know bo, yesterday I was handed a ton of info, so it kinda got slapped up :D

the rod is the same rod almost all viper builders use, capable of any hp you thro at it.

forget the chevy thing for a moment:D

the rod is a stock shelf rod for oliver, the crank would need to be turned to a 2100 spec, with doing that you open yourself to tons of differnt options for bearings. That way you are not stuck with one style viper oem bearing.
your choices improve greatly.Plus you will be truing the crank anyway , and doing this you are guarenteed a straight crank. And then balance the assembly
It does not compromise the crank whatsovever
the pin size is .927 , again off the shelf part, that way parts , pistons are all readily available if any such need arizes.

for the $2600 you get the rods, and pistons, the pistons will be cut to your order, meaning if you want stock bore, 5 thousands over or 10 over.
with the .927 pin size , you again are off the shelf part, that JE keeps and would only have to cut to your specs.

the extra parts needed, will be ringset, which i will be able to get for NOS, turbo, or superchargers. they are in the $200 area
coating of the pistons are $20 for the skirt, $24 for the cap, this reduces friction, and reduces wear on the piston and the bore.

i think i can find a builder, i think , In oregon, will have to check on that for ya sir

Please ask any questions, if i dont have it in front of me , i will find it for you
great info tony, thanks..... but before i can commit, i'd have to talk to a builder to see what bore i should get....... :dontknow:

i'm guessing i'd need billet mains & grooved cut bearings (for that oiling issue) too...... lots of talk on push rods too. :)

moparracing said:
great info tony, thanks..... but before i can commit, i'd have to talk to a builder to see what bore i should get....... :dontknow:

i'm guessing i'd need billet mains & grooved cut bearings (for that oiling issue) too...... lots of talk on push rods too. :)

thats the killer thing with going with this style rod, your option of bearings is overwhelming:D
the billet mains............man...........still working on

the push rods, contact I know roe has those:D

on the bore size, I would suggest just going with a hone job, and maybe a 5 thousandths over, that way in the future if anything did happen you are still able to open it up to 10 over.

but youare doing the best thing bo, talk with ya builder bo:rock:

let me see if I can find one in your area

Stinker said:
thats the killer thing with going with this style rod, your option of bearings is overwhelming:D
the billet mains............man...........still working on

the push rods, contact I know roe has those:D

on the bore size, I would suggest just going with a hone job, and maybe a 5 thousandths over, that way in the future if anything did happen you are still able to open it up to 10 over.

but youare doing the best thing bo, talk with ya builder bo:rock:

let me see if I can find one in your area
what's your opinion on the push rods, tony ? needed upgrade or is stock good enough ?

moparracing said:
what's your opinion on the push rods, tony ? needed upgrade or is stock good enough ?

Depends on how far you want to go, and what rpms you gonna push, the one engine guy i talked with in fla, will do this to your heads.

port and polish $999
but this goes with a valve job which is $400

then he checks the push rod guides, most of the time they need replaced, cost $350 or less

he aslo suggest replacement of the exhaust valve, price $650

these will flo around 320-340cfms

or he can do a street port job for around $575

but I would def look into changing the springs and push rods, def the push rods, the stockers will flex under pressure, actually changing your cam profile a tid bit, you'll never notice it, but it will change the profile under acceleration.

the oem springs are good, but under high rpms they can float to a certain degree. I will check to see if I can find info on aftermarket ones.

So if I wanted rods and pistons that I can slap in with no mods to the crank or any crap like that - I can get that also....

You send me the the parts I can take it to a builder they can slap it in with no other stuff needing to be done....

$2600?

shade said:
So if I wanted rods and pistons that I can slap in with no mods to the crank or any crap like that - I can get that also....

You send me the the parts I can take it to a builder they can slap it in with no other stuff needing to be done....

$2600?

your gonna need your crank checked, rings , bearings and so on ,

but I can get the rods at the oem bearing spec for the crank, and a litwieght rod that is "close '' to the factory rod as far as weight, but I would still suggest you get the rotating assembly balanced.

to say you can just buy rods and pistons and "slap" them in? no, there is too many variables there. but if you are asking if i can get the rods at oem sizing yes, the pistons at oem bore, yes, but even on the bore, you need to talk with your builder, if he hones out the bore, the piston will need to be cut for that.

i gotta find out his name and number bo, dont know the guy personally, jsut know there is one in that area, hopefully will find it out tommorrow

Thanks stinker ill wait to hear from you. I saw a shop on Roes website for their install dealers and theres one in oregon, i think it was Gen3 motorsports, they do vipers and vettes

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back