gas mileage

I measure mine in Smiles Per Gallon... :) Using that as a scale, I out perform any Eco-Friendly Ricer on the Planet :)

If you worry about Gas Milage then you can't..... We have all heard it and said it... :)

Tooloe said:
best i've gotten was after the motor build i got 22mpg coming home from austin.. but normally get about 18-21mpg on the highway at 65-67 seems the be best

i ain't never seen ya do 65-67, lol.:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

hey scooby..........

that d%#kweed in your sig is a local cocksucker:toilet: :toilet: :toilet:

I improved my mileage by 2.5 hwy mpg by changing out the rear gears to 3.73 from 4.56 on a 2005 QC. It helped about 2 mpg in the city.

SRTZX said:
What mods have been made to get the best gas mileage?

Strikers, small hydraulic roller and a bump to 10.5:1 = 20% boost in mileage...City and Highway.

However, it is a pricey way to gain gas mileage...:)

It was a great way to gain 143 wheel though....

Last edited:
scoobert said:
your truck is broken. you should be getting at least 14 highway. when did you last change upstream sensors?

NEVER:p got worse as soon as I changed tunes with the SCT...But wouldn't it be nice to get better gas mileage and power by making it more efficient,,, The mods don't seem to be getting that ---are the mods being done actually tested for efficiency????? -----I use to spend over $250.00 a week running the truck when the gas prices were higher.... Used for business purposes as a daily driver 5 days and then more to enjoy it on the weekends..... That adds up to how much spent a year?? ---bet that would pay for a bunch of efficient power making mods. I keep hearing that the SC's are getting better mileage than the QC's by quite a bit... WHY is this ???? Not that much lighter and a stick shift w/410 rear ---I say BS to making that much of a difference for those reasons...My 6 cyl. dakota 5 speed gets 17.2 mpg city----much lighter than a SC ram srt10....What does a fully loaded 18 wheeler get--stick shift and weight is massive?????? HP is what??? You can't tell me that it is not possible to make the 10' get better mileage and power.... And my truck is not Broken:p

Last edited:
Biggest increase in mileage for a QC is rpm drop. Change out the rear gear or put a Gearvendors overdrive on it.

I'm not sure that any gasoline powered 505+ cubic inch motor is ever going to really get good mileage though.

You could buy a small 30 hp diesel, mount it in the bed, run a chain or belt to the drive shaft and then use that once you got up to cruising speed. You could just shut off the V-10 and be diesel powered.

The brakes, steering, and A/C would be an issue, but hey, I'd bet you could get high 20's with that set up....

Last edited:
Soapy said:
I improved my mileage by 2.5 hwy mpg by changing out the rear gears to 3.73 from 4.56 on a 2005 QC. It helped about 2 mpg in the city.

3.73's on a QC? Does it feel... slow?:dontknow:

13mpg in a QUAD CAB!!!!!! got her up to 15mpg while cruisin from la to sd in the middle of the night... bone stock minus a kn drop in

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back