Gauge Cluster Facelift!

OnceBit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been away for a while, just been busy with other things...

Spent most of today working on this little en devour...

The tear down...and YES I used the instructions for this project! lol
20130521_134456.jpg

....from stock to SSSSsssinister...

20130521_140134.jpg

FB_IMG_13691835588925023.jpg

Install complete...

20130521_233256.jpg

20130521_233103.jpg

What I didn't get pics of was the sweat pouring down my face as I had to replace the stock incandescent bulb sockets and solder in 11 new L.E.D.s that was the part of the modification that had me the most nervous, but ended up being really easy.

Last thing to do is have the gauges recalibrated at the dealership on Friday...

you can calibrate it yourself. Hold the trip button in and turn the ignition key to the run position. It will calibrate itself.

btw...looks good

Beautiful, to bad I'm pretty sure I would mess something up if I did it haha

I'm betting it would be like MoparConnection said, push in the trip button and hold while turning the ignition on...

And thanks guys...I didn't see where too many had tried a facelift, so I thought I'd give it a shot...lol

Since youre good with small electrical stuff, how hard would it be to make it so it automatically does a cluster sweep everytime you start the truck?

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is it?

I've always wanted to do something like that with Fangs hanging out behind the Tach like the new Viper does at shiftpoints

I'd honestly give it about an 8...basically because of how careful you have to be, but mainly I'm referring to the LED soldering there, the face change is relatively simple when you get it all apart.

looks great:rock::rock::rock:

just replaced my dash lights with LED from superbriteled. just twist out & twist in.

how hard would it be to put the H2O temp & oil pressure gauges to the left of the tach, where they should be???:dontknow::dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back