Gen 2 or Gen 3 Viper GTS???

Which One???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp.... I am looking for a new vehicle. (As most of you know :eek: ) I really don't like the styling of the "new" Gen 3 Viper as much as the 2nd Generation.... :eek: :dontknow: But, I am curious as to which one is more USABLE as a daily driver. :confused: ......... My current truck is a "daily driver", meaning I drive it when I leave the house. This could (really) be 3-4 times per week. :eek: And, I live in FL, so the weather (for the most part) is good. :rock:

I am looking for input from the many Viper car owners on our forum, as to which Generation they think is the most USABLE. (Walt, you took a LONG ride in your new 3rd Gen.... Dennis (01GTS/ACRineedalongername :p ), I think you use your 2nd Gen GTS every day.... :confused: :dontknow: )

Any suggestions are welcome. :) I am pretty sure (that) the 2nd Gen Viper will keep a better value over time. But, something in me has grown to like the 3rd Gen GTS over time. I don't like the styling as much, BUT at least I know the drivetrain pretty well. :dontknow: :D ;)

Anyway...... Let me know what you think of your rides, fellas! :) :rock: :burnout:

476100259XyCnak_ph.jpg

image259992.jpg

MVC-001S.JPG

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Welp.... I am looking for a new vehicle. (As most of you know :eek: ) I really don't like the styling of the "new" Gen 3 Viper as much as the 2nd Generation.... :eek: :dontknow: But, I am curious as to which one is more USABLE as a daily driver. :confused: ......... My current truck is a "daily driver", meaning I drive it when I leave the house. This could (really) be 3-4 times per week. :eek: And, I live in FL, so the weather (for the most part) is good. :rock:

I am looking for input from the many Viper car owners on our forum, as to which Generation they think is the most USABLE. (Walt, you took a LONG ride in your new 3rd Gen.... Dennis (01GTS/ACRineedalongername :p ), I think you use your 2nd Gen GTS every day.... :confused: :dontknow: )

Any suggestions are welcome. :) I am pretty sure (that) the 2nd Gen Viper will keep a better value over time. But, something in me has grown to like the 3rd Gen GTS over time. I don't like the styling as much, BUT at least I know the drivetrain pretty well. :dontknow: :D ;)

Anyway...... Let me know what you think of your rides, fellas! :) :rock: :burnout:

476100259XyCnak_ph.jpg

image259992.jpg

MVC-001S.JPG

I'd get the Gen 3 Coupe :D quite cabin makes for better tunes and better a/c plus a Scotch holder :rock: :rock::D :elefant:

Well Jake.....as you know I went from the same truck as yours to this dinky ass car.It is a bitch sometimes as far as size goes(aint room for shit)but it sure is alot of fun.As far as gen2/gen3....its all in the styling.I myself will have to say gen2:D

'99 GTS gets my vote . . . Only 'cause it's a supports big mods better. Plus it looks pretty fkn good too!

But, IF my decision were based on looks/style alone (no plan to extremely modify) -Gen 3 Coupe would definately be in the running!

I like the Gen III Converts!!

MyViper.jpg

Remember, you are talking daily driver, not track car....

For about HALF the price of an 08 you can get forged internals, Roe S/C, SRT brakes, Lowered, Striped & Custom Interior and 635 rwhp. :rock:

Would be an awesome daily driver (if I needed it for that-which I don't). :burnout:

Gen II GTS is the way to go. Those have the sexiest lines out of all of the Viper Generations and you get forged internals if you ever decide to do force induction.

are we really back to this Jake...99GTS, don't be a dummy:confused: :D

Stop being such a baby. Buy them both and which ever one you don't want will be given to me. Win/win situation:D

If it weren't for the '06 Coupe, I'd have a Gen2 GTS now.

I don't really care for the SRT 'Verts. Sure they're nice, but they disappear next to an RT/10 or GTS.

That being said, IMO, the GTS is still the best looking, but the SRT Coupe comes in a close 2nd place, IMO.:D

Beyond that, the SRT is a superior vehicle. More power, better handling, way better brakes, nicer interior, etc.. Basically a more refined car.

Sure you can mod any Viper, even a 400hp Gen1, to make more power than the new 600hp version, so it all depends on what you want.

For a DD, the new ones will perform the best - all-around stock for stock, and they're generally under warranty.

99 GTS...up to 1000hp stock motor, very mod friendly ;) Value will remain solid.

Gen 3 Coupes can only handle 700-800 hp and value will continue to drop for a while.

RedSrt007 said:
99 GTS...up to 1000hp stock motor, very mod friendly ;) Value will remain solid.

Gen 3 Coupes can only handle 700-800 hp and value will continue to drop for a while.

:dito: Werd!

+1 on mod friendliness. :p

RedSrt007 said:

Make sure you check the engine, leak down, compression, blowby and check the gaskets!

I would sell you my B&W Jake so I can buy a heavily modified one, there is a guy who wants $60K for a 97 B&W with 800rwhp thats what I would buy!

Gen II...is that black '99 ACR still at that Orlando Dealer???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back