Gen 2 or Gen 3 Viper GTS???

Which One???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SRT-10 OF SWEDEN said:
Well Jake i have said it before and i will say it again....VIPER GEN II GTS...:rock: :rock: :rock:

How much will a Viper gen II GTS-99 cost in the USA...???

The one i am looking at cost 76.000 US dollars....:nurse: :nurse:

This is what i am looking at....And i am very close to get it....:D :D

Stefan....

I really need some advice one the price for this car..I got i down to 69,000 US Dollars...

One owner sold new i Sweden one of six.It has 1500 metric miles on it and some extras like stop tech brakes,Eibach lowering springs,Koni adjustable coil overs,racing cats and a cat back system

Sorry for kidnapping your thread Jake....:eek: :eek:

Stefan...

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN said:
I really need some advice one the price for this car..I got i down to 69,000 US Dollars...

One owner sold new i Sweden one of six.It has 1500 metric miles on it and some extras like stop tech brakes,Eibach lowering springs,Koni adjustable coil overs,racing cats and a cat back system

Sorry for kidnapping your thread Jake....:eek: :eek:

Stefan...
FYI,
Koni Adjustables are stock on Gen IIs. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
FYI,
Koni Adjustables are stock on Gen IIs. ;)

I thought that was just ACR's (adjustables) or maybe later years GenII

I could be wrong though.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Stock Koni's are adjustable for rebound also. Instructions found in the following link. Go look at your car. If you still have the stock shocks you'll see "Adjustable" stamped on the side of them. ;)

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/609779-question-stock-shocks.html

Thanks for the info. I am dying to drive a Roe Viper, I am up in the air between try to save up for some type of turbo system or a Roe. I like the fact that a Roe makes low rpm power(which I like feeling the power right off idle) and won't destroy my entire drivetrain. I am not sure how the car will take 15k miles a year when making 900rwhp.:dontknow: ah, decision decisions...If Jake would just buy mine it would make my life easier, I have my eye on a Roe car!

BurntRubber said:
Thanks for the info. I am dying to drive a Roe Viper, I am up in the air between try to save up for some type of turbo system or a Roe. I like the fact that a Roe makes low rpm power(which I like feeling the power right off idle) and won't destroy my entire drivetrain. I am not sure how the car will take 15k miles a year when making 900rwhp.:dontknow: ah, decision decisions...If Jake would just buy mine it would make my life easier, I have my eye on a Roe car!
Go drive one and you'll make up your mind quick.

Mine still scares that crap out of me everytime I try to put my foot in it. :eek: I still can't stay on the go pedal very long. :eek:

BurntRubber said:
Think there's a Used Roe in the ViperAlley Classifieds?;) :D :rock:

Hamrhead said:
Think there's a Used Roe in the ViperAlley Classifieds?;) :D :rock:

There were a few on the VCA to, one is gone that I know of. The only problem I face is the mileage on my car. with 46K, my Viper Tech (Eddie Martin) said I should put on new gaskets and said the engine had some blowby. So I may open her up, do a heads, cam package then throw on a Roe. I am thinking, putting on a Roe or Turbo, blow up the engine, tell my wife I need to fix it, take out a home equity loan and liquidate my girls college funds, and make a string of bad decisions. Man, I hate wanting more power.
Or I could save up and do it piece by piece, but thats no fun!:D

BurntRubber said:
There were a few on the VCA to, one is gone that I know of. The only problem I face is the mileage on my car. with 46K, my Viper Tech (Eddie Martin) said I should put on new gaskets and said the engine had some blowby. So I may open her up, do a heads, cam package then throw on a Roe. I am thinking, putting on a Roe or Turbo, blow up the engine, tell my wife I need to fix it, take out a home equity loan and liquidate my girls college funds, and make a string of bad decisions. Man, I hate wanting more power.
Or I could save up and do it piece by piece, but thats no fun!:D
Just slap the Roe on there with a JMB catch can (for the blow-by) and drive that puppy. :rock: :rock: :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Just slap the Roe on there with a JMB catch can (for the blow-by) and drive that puppy. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Maybe I will talk to Justin about the catch can when he's down here! you think it would work. Gaskets are fine, they just have alot of mileage, but I think they would handle a 6.5# pulley to start.

BurntRubber said:
Maybe I will talk to Justin about the catch can when he's down here! you think it would work. Gaskets are fine, they just have alot of mileage, but I think they would handle a 6.5# pulley to start.

Just slap the Roe on there with a JMB catch can (for the blow-by) and drive that puppy.
^^ This is some good advice IMO.

I don't know what the compression ratio is on your engines, but I know it's lower than mine. 6-7psi is nothing with a Tune. Probably give you a TON of power too.

Sure, it won't have the power of Walt's car, but it'll have more than enough for most everything else - Once you manage to hook up.

I say slap on the Roe and drive it. If a Head Gasket let's go, then fix it.

If Roe made one for my '06, I would've went that direction instead of the way I did. Don't want a Paxton.:dontknow:

Last edited:
Blow by can indicate other things...and Justin will tell you just that...

I have two catch cans...but I think the forged rods and pistons with new rings will solve the problem...I too am considering a blower cam and maybe striker heads...but for the truck. Mama has said no to the new Viper...

I think I am a Roe type guy, I want the power fight off idle. I also know after a few PM's to Justin that a single Turbo may be in the works down the road and a good alternative.
Hopefully Patrick will have his Viper at the GTG and I will also be able to drive Dom's truck. Maybe that will help me make up my mind:dontknow:

Thanks guys!

Prof said:
I too am considering a blower cam and maybe striker heads...but for the truck.

Roy doesn't wanna hook up...Ever.:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

I'd also love a set of those Stryker's, but I have yet to get a clean pass in with my current mods! Would definitely put me in 10 second territory!

As it is, Traction as already 'on the edge' most of the time...:D

Failure to hook up is a wonderful excuse for times in the 14's...a perfect excuse in my opinion...I want to have the fastest and most powerful 14 second truck on this site!

Back