General Supercharger Chit-Chat

I've always wondered why someone didn't just bolt on an 8-71 and call it a day. Assumed the answer was because it was easier, and just as effective, to bolt on the pro charger.

Think it'd be way taller, and I think the 8-71 might be a little small for 500cubic inches, probably would need a 10-71 or larger. It'd look cool but reality is the old GMC blowers are pretty much the most inefficient blower you could possibly use. I would think someone makes better rotors for the old style blowers though?

Our engine sit too far back in the chassis, you'd never fit a old school blower on top of one. That's why there is the angled intake on top of the Roe's, it's to make them fit the tight chassis.

The best solution is to bolt on a procharger and forget about it.

Only way I can think of to get an old style blower on would be to build an intake that was offset to the front of the engine but I'm sure it'd be bad for air/fuel getting to the cylinders evenly. Would be a lot of trouble for something that would end up just being a visual mod as i don't think it'd run very good.

That's exactly what I would like to do, but haven't found anyone to make some pullies.

How bad is your belt slippage? How much boost are you running. Are you running all the stock pullies.

I gave it a quick google and there a few people running cogged set ups on the Paxton novi 2000 charger. Would running a cogged set up cause any stress on the crank?

Yup, the gmc blowers are ancient technology. But still look bitchin

Cool, was he still running a heat exchanger under the blower too?

Yea here's a pic
1c77f9c9.jpg

How bad is your belt slippage? How much boost are you running. Are you running all the stock pullies.

I gave it a quick google and there a few people running cogged set ups on the Paxton novi 2000 charger. Would running a cogged set up cause any stress on the crank?

Im running a 7" crank pulley and the rest are stock and 8PSI boost,I have the Blown Away blower brackets that are almost twice as thick as the stock Paxton brackets and theres an adjustable belt tensioner (that doesnt do much,being that its slot to tighten isnt on the proper angle,the pulley will push the belts together and touch before the end of the slot)
I keep throwing belts,Ive tried a bunch of different belts and they all get eaten up and eventually tossed off,wrecked 6 belts last summer,its when im torqued up and the truck moves sideways as I let off is when it throws it off and eats it up!:confused:

ProChargers don't eat belts, just other vehicles :D You should consider switching!

Im running a 7" crank pulley and the rest are stock and 8PSI boost,I have the Blown Away blower brackets that are almost twice as thick as the stock Paxton brackets and theres an adjustable belt tensioner (that doesnt do much,being that its slot to tighten isnt on the proper angle,the pulley will push the belts together and touch before the end of the slot)
I keep throwing belts,Ive tried a bunch of different belts and they all get eaten up and eventually tossed off,wrecked 6 belts last summer,its when im torqued up and the truck moves sideways as I let off is when it throws it off and eats it up!:confused:

Sounds like something out of alignment, my buddys 280z used to do that too but only at high rpm, would drive around all week just fine then chunk the belt first pass at the dragstrip

Sounds like something out of alignment, my buddys 280z used to do that too but only at high rpm, would drive around all week just fine then chunk the belt first pass at the dragstrip

Yeah,I ve checked it I dont know how many times,but everything is aligned straight,thats where I started checking first,I shimmed one pulley and it didnt fix the issue.
I would like to change over to a Pro Charger,but I already changed from a ROE and the next change will be a tiltle change to SRT Viper T/A:rock:

Unless your looking for big power I'd stick with the paxton and try to find a dedicated drive setup for it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back