General Supercharger Chit-Chat

Getnlwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some research AND saving cash. Instead of asking questions in other peoples threads, I thought it might be useful to have a general chit chat thread for blowers. - Not my ex-girlfriend, I am talking the automotive type. :D

What are the fuel pump upgrade options and typical fuel system mods?

It really depends on what you want. How much power do you want to make? Roes tend to build a lot more heat and there really isn't any fast ones actually most are slower then stock lol. Paxton is a good option and then there is the pro charger which makes crazy good power

It really depends on what you want. How much power do you want to make? Roes tend to build a lot more heat and there really isn't any fast ones actually most are slower then stock lol. Paxton is a good option and then there is the pro charger which makes crazy good power

We will see this year :chain:

For myself after lots of reading, I decided the JMB fits my want to go fast need the best. To me the bonus is the Air to Air intercooler (no need for water pumps and eliminates other plumbing issues)

I've had the Roe, witnessed the Paxton, then bought the Procharger. The Procharger is the way to go hands down.

Talk with JMBJustin about fuel system upgrades, he has it all and can just add it into your purchase. Personally I went with the triple Walbros in tank.

I had all the cash for a base setup set aside. Current political climate required me to make a few other investments before. I do have a nice bonus from work coming that should be 6K to 7K pretax, but I may be investing part of that as well. It's a interesting time before me for my other hobbies. I have the headers and mids for it sitting in the garage and need to get them on. I noticed the engine isn't centered in the engine bay. It sits to the right a little bit. How hard is it to get the right header installed on a set of bellanger headers? Is it better to try to get it on from the underside or from the top? It's an 06 if that matters. ( I head it's more like a 2500 frame than the 05's were.)

I did MOPAR headers on my 06 RC and the right side is easy if you take the inner fender off. There should be no issue fitting your headers.:)

I had a ROE, I wasn't impressed with the power, it sounded kewl but ALOT of heat issues boosting over 8psi,I went upto 11psi and there wasn't really any power difference from 8psi to 11psi just awhole lot more heat!!(power killer), I'm now running a Paxton with a water cooled intercooler at 8psi boost and it seriously destroys the ROE I had, way less heat issues just having belt slipping issues!!
Like others say if I were to do it over I would have Justin's-JMB's work of art Pro Charger under the hood with his dedicated cog belt,and his intank fuel system, I'm running the two extra inline fuel pumps and running 645RWHP safely tuned by Chris Jensen and my fuel system is almost maxed out!!
So my advise would be get ahold of Justin and save yourself alot of misery!! Do it right the first time, it will be that much more enjoyable!!!! Best of luck!

I had a ROE, I wasn't impressed with the power, it sounded kewl but ALOT of heat issues boosting over 8psi,I went upto 11psi and there wasn't really any power difference from 8psi to 11psi just awhole lot more heat!!(power killer), I'm now running a Paxton with a water cooled intercooler at 8psi boost and it seriously destroys the ROE I had, way less heat issues just having belt slipping issues!!
Like others say if I were to do it over I would have Justin's-JMB's work of art Pro Charger under the hood with his dedicated cog belt,and his intank fuel system, I'm running the two extra inline fuel pumps and running 645RWHP safely tuned by Chris Jensen and my fuel system is almost maxed out!!
So my advise would be get ahold of Justin and save yourself alot of misery!! Do it right the first time, it will be that much more enjoyable!!!! Best of luck!

You can make more than 645rwhp with a roe I'm proof. When my meth is done then I will turn it up more. Shooting for 700 rwhp

You can make more than 645rwhp with a roe I'm proof. When my meth is done then I will turn it up more. Shooting for 700 rwhp

Yeah but he is on 8# of boost vs your 13# so you are getting 20rwhp for an extra 5# of boost. If his Paxton was cranked to 13# I'd guess it'd be close to 730rwhp

Yeah but he is on 8# of boost vs your 13# so you are getting 20rwhp for an extra 5# of boost. If his Paxton was cranked to 13# I'd guess it'd be close to 730rwhp

Exactly,you will never get 645RWHP with no meth on a ROE at 8PSI boost!! The more boost the more heat! and the water/meth is a band aid for the heat issue,I ran water/meth with my ROE and it made a mess inside my engine and on top of the valves,ask Slitherbeast,he seen inside my engine first hand to see the mess!!
Im going to hit 7xx RWHP with my Paxton at 8PSI boost when Im done doing a couple changes.
AND dont forget im pushing an AUTO tranny too,if I had a 6spd tranny in my truck I would be around 685RWHP right now(aprox 40RWHP more of a HP loss with an auto)
(Im probably sitting around 725-740 crank HP APROX. right now)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back