get you some, motorcycle riders. why i don't have one.

EMT/SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tulsa - A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Witnesses say the cyclist was going faster than 100 miles per hour when he crashed into the back of a semi truck between 81st and 91st Street at about one o'clock Tuesday morning.

Investigators say evidence shows the cyclist was going about 120 miles per hour at the time of the impact. It took the truck driver more than a quarter of a mile to come to a stop. When he did, he stepped out of his rig and found the motorcyclist dead at the back of the truck.

"The truck driver was not hurt," says Captain Matt Kirkland. "He said that the impact was so strong that he thought he was hit from behind by another truck."

Officers said there was no indication that drugs or alcohol played a factor in the accident.

moto 3.jpg

moto 2.jpg

moto 4.jpg

motorcycle.jpg

Wow... thats insane! I have been begging my parents to let me get a street bike but I guess this is their reasoning for telling me when I move out I can do what I want!

That is the whole reason my parents would not let me get one as well. That is also the reason I don't have one now.

i have many, many years of riding scoots under my belt. you just have to be smarter than the bike you are trying to ride. if this guy was going 120 when he hit, apparently the road he was traveling was not safe enough or he did not have the experience to be doing 120. the bike is not the problem, but usually the dumb ass trying to ride it is the problem. The other danger is people riding in cages around you, for some reason you tend to blend with the surroundings, or thats what the people claim when they hit you. for the most part, the people who ride the "street bikes" are usually a$$holes, doing wheelies, speeding, front brake stoppies etc. save your money, buy a harley with loud pipes, be heard, be seen and get laid.:rock:

yep ,yep ,yep and all the protective gear in the world didn't help him....pays to play and he paid with all

I have been riding street bikes since I was 15 years old, and you have to know when NOT to do things also. Just because a vehicle can go 120 or more, doesn't mean you should anytime you want to. Our trucks can go fast enough to kill you if you don't use it correctly.

Bill.

Love my bike.....wouldn't trade for anything! :bebored:

172655.jpg

Becarefull out there,
Quick

I saw those pics before. That kid has been dead for quite a while now...

Hamrhead said:
I saw those pics before. That kid has been dead for quite a while now...

Yup, he's as dead as Julius Caeser..... and it's probably his own fault.

And I'm not gonna sell my bike or quit riding because of his karma..........

It seems predictable that someone will hold up these examples as a warning to all those who ride on two wheels.... This poor bastard had the same lack of faculties and facility off the bike as when he got on ......... getting on was his mistake.....

It's the same as putting a loaded gun into the hands of a child......

Some people simply shouldn't ride.......

But, "ya gotta die of somethin' ".....:eek:

D

Last edited:
Hey Tim, you didn't happen to see the Untouchables recently did you? I recognize some of that. Great movie.

Oh and as far as the bike, no way I will ever give mine up. Nothing I enjoy more. But, just like almost anything worth doing, it carries some risk. Just have to weigh them against the rewards and see where you come up.

OCBob said:
Hey Tim, you didn't happen to see the Untouchables recently did you? I recognize some of that. Great movie.

Sean Connery had all the greatest lines in that film......

"The Untouchables" marks the return and the turning point for Sean Connery as a real actor. 'Til then, he was just a cartoon character.

Almost every line (he had) could be etched in marble...... I use them often....

Here's a great scene......:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KslADM_w6pM

Can't resist...... Sorry....Connery rules....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0RLyxP13o&mode=related&search=

D

Last edited:
It not the bike's fault, to was the loose nut behind the handle bars.. Bikes or Viper Pickups don't kill.
Hell there are 4 lanes on that highway, and at 1 am on a Tuesday, traffic is pretty thin if any. It was his right hand that killed him.
I put over 10K a year or more on my Harley and the most dangerous thing about riding a motorcycle is that Soccor Mom in an SUV talking on her cell phone. (No ofense to the Lady Vipers out there)

soccer moms and old people...this is a result of a 71 year old woman at 11pm at night...and these are the pretty ones...wont post the nasty ones, at least i get a handicap plate on my RC:rock:

MUTT said:
i have many, many years of riding scoots under my belt. you just have to be smarter than the bike you are trying to ride. if this guy was going 120 when he hit, apparently the road he was traveling was not safe enough or he did not have the experience to be doing 120. the bike is not the problem, but usually the dumb ass trying to ride it is the problem. The other danger is people riding in cages around you, for some reason you tend to blend with the surroundings, or thats what the people claim when they hit you. for the most part, the people who ride the "street bikes" are usually a$$holes, doing wheelies, speeding, front brake stoppies etc. save your money, buy a harley with loud pipes, be heard, be seen and get laid.:rock:

Well said son. :rock:

Here is what I say about Helmet Laws.

It's not what's on your head that saves your life. It's what's in your head that does.

You do stupid things, be it in a cage or on a bike, you will probably pay for it at some time in the future.

Id sell the truck & my boat before my bikes. They were here first & will be here long after everything else.

First of all this bull shit needs to be posted in the offensive section. Human death is not entertainment. I support and respect your job. Please post responsibly.:(

i do apologize!!!!!!!!!

just passing on an email i received. prolly should have been in offensive category. maybe admin. will just delete it if it is too offensive for this forum!

sorry!

Silverback said:
Well said son. :rock:

Here is what I say about Helmet Laws.

It's not what's on your head that saves your life. It's what's in your head that does.

I agree to a point, but you have no control over everyone else on the road.

Helmets should be mandatory at ALL times when riding a bike.

The stooooopid state I live in has no helmet law for motorcycles, but they have a seatbelt law for cars. Huh?:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back