Gigi Up-date

Damn Walt, I am so torn up over this, you just don't know. I wish there was something, anything, that I could do. Just know that we are thinking about all of you.

Walt-

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. I think what wifey said is true. I had a friend that died at 30 and she needed to hear from her 2 kids that they were going to be ok and it was ok to go.

If either you or Vicki need to talk both Mike and I are here 24/7. Plz don't hesitate to call.

I will pray for Gigi as well and hope that her end will be as peaceful as possible.

Luv Marne

Another up-date: Gigi's tumor has split open and looks like two tumors....the split open part is as you would imagen it would look like...it is horrible is some many ways.

The smell in the house is getting worse...the Hospice nurse said we need to crush up charcoal an place in a bowl to help soak up the smell...we will try that...we also have found several commercial air fresheners that seem to be helping.

Gigi is not able to take the cans of food in her feeding tube she needs to survive...she usually takes 4-5 cans and we were only able to do 2 cans....her digestive system is getting worse.

This continues to be a very depressing situation.....we continue to take one day at a time.

Last edited:
K-80-123 said:
Another up-date: Gigi's tumor has split open and looks like two tumors....the split open part is as you would imagen it would look like...it is horrible is some many ways.

The smell in the house is getting worse...the Hospice nurse said we need to crush up charcoal an place in a bowl to help soak up the smell...we will try that...we also have found several commercial air fresheners that seem to be helping.

Gigi is not able to take the cans of food in her feeding tube she needs to survive...she usually takes 4-5 cans and we were only able to do 2 cans....her digestive system is getting worse.

This continues to be a very depressing sistuation.....we continue to take one day at a time.

Wow Walt, that's horrible :( :( ...I'm very sorry for what you and your family is going through.

I hope things turn for the best soon.

Patrick

Stay strong, Walt and Vickie.... The finish line is in sight........ Hang tough....

God bless you all............

For Gigi...........

D

So sorry the situation continues to decline. Scented candles may help with the odor. Best wishes. Walter

:( Damn Walt I'm so sorry for what this has put your family through, I continue to pray for you and yours and hope that Gigi isn't suffering....love from Jersey brudda!!
K-80-123 said:

This continues to be a very depressing sistuation.....we continue to take one day at a time.

Im so sorry to read this thread, makes me so sad everytime..

Much love to you, Gigi and the family..

Silverback said:
Mere words cannot even begin to convey how I feel Walt.:(
exactly where i'm at walt...hang in there my friend.:(

It makes me sad to see this....Hang in there my friend....Praying for this to over soon....

Good bless you and your family....

Stefan...

Another Update: We are having a hard time keep nurses because the smell is so bad....the tumor has broke open and the skin around it is dead....and to make matters worse she has another that is growing on her lower jaw.

I am trying to talk my wife into moving Gigi to a Hospice care facility so they can care for her 24/7.....but she made a promise to Gigi that she would not put her in a hospital....so we continue to request replacements for the ones who have left and when the new nurses arrive we have to train them about all the meds and care that Gigi needs.

We do have two nurses during the week a husband and wife team one comes during the day the other at night...they are great....it's the weekends that suck for good help.

Thanks again for allowing me to write these words and share what is going on...it helps.......we continue to take one day at a time.

Walt

And thats all you can do at this point Walt....You are a Saint and so is your wife.:)

K-80-123 said:
Another Update: We are having a hard time keep nurses because the smell is so bad....the tumor has broke open and the skin around it is dead....and to make matters worse she has another that is growing on her lower jaw.

I am trying to talk my wife into moving Gigi to a Hospice care facility so they can care for her 24/7.....but she made a promise to Gigi that she would not put her in a hospital....so we continue to request replacements for the ones who have left and when the new nurses arrive we have to train them about all the meds and care that Gigi needs.

We do have two nurses during the week a husband and wife team one comes during the day the other at night...they are great....it's the weekends that suck for good help.

Thanks again for allowing me to write these words and share what is going on...it helps.......we continue to take one day at a time.

Walt

No thanks are required Walt. We are here to do whatever we can for you and your family. Hell, post every hour if it helps.

Just something to consider. Sometimes promises are made, that when the time comes, keeping them is not in the best interest of anyone involved. What I try to do is to step back and put myself in the other persons shoes. If Gigi was fully aware of what is now happening, would she really want her daughter, and you to be going through what is now happening? From how you have described Gigi, I would................. No, I cannot say what she would think, but I believe you and your wife would know. Think about it and do what you feel in your hearts is the right thing to do.

Still thinking of, and praying for you and your family.

Silverback said:
No thanks are required Walt. We are here to do whatever we can for you and your family. Hell, post every hour if it helps.

Just something to consider. Sometimes promises are made, that when the time comes, keeping them is not in the best interest of anyone involved. What I try to do is to step back and put myself in the other persons shoes. If Gigi was fully aware of what is now happening, would she really want her daughter, and you to be going through what is now happening? From how you have described Gigi, I would................. No, I cannot say what she would think, but I believe you and your wife would know. Think about it and do what you feel in your hearts is the right thing to do.

Still thinking of, and praying for you and your family.

You are correct right now we could move Gigi to the Hospice unit here in Tulsa and she would not know.....but it's the promise my wife made to her mom that keeps that from happing right now....I continue to "softly" recommend that Gigi be moved...:(

Walt,
I have never shared this with anyone but Dianne..I hope it helps..
In 1982 my mother passed away at the age of 43..She had a tumor in her liver that grew in size and when it was finally discovered, there was little that could be done..My brothers and I watched her slide day by day..We kept her at home until we just could not do it any more. It is sad, frustrating, demoralizing and horrifying to be a witness to the end of someones life due to an illness such as this.. The smell you describe was there. The feeding tubes, the nursing issues..We had all the same things happening..
When we put her in the hospital, there was some releif for the intense pressure we felt in caring for her. We made the decision that since there was no hope of her surviving this, The doctors would keep her comfortable..
My last memory of my mother was while she was thrashing around in pain while I was there alone one afternoon, was of her suddenly grabbing my hand and looking into my eyes. She couldnt talk really, and she was on alot of pain meds to keep her somewhat comfortable. Anyway she looked at me and said "I love you Matthew, Thank you for being here.."..She passed away 2 days later while I was picking up a friend. When I heard that she died, I felt relief for her, and myself. I miss her sometimes..I cant say I think of her everyday..But sometimes, the pain of her not being here hits me hard. I know she is watching me..I dont know if she is proud of the things I have done, or not..I would like to think so..
I am writing this to show you that there are others who have walked in your shoes, and can feel you and your wifes pain..You can and will get through this..It will be hard, but you dont have a choice..I made some really bad decisions after my mothers death, and paid for them dearly..I finally got my head out of my ass and got on with my life because there was no other way..
I have a picture of my mother that was taken at the resturant she worked at..It is the only picture of her that I have of her..In it she is happy and smiling..Thats enough for me..
You and your wife, and Gigi are in our thoughts...

Matt

Our primary purpose is to be of service to others.

Sometimes I think that I know what those around me need. Silly me.

Your courage and love is an inspiration to me Walt. Thank you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back