GOOD NEWS! and bad news!!!!

Kyle, don't wipe your plugs off just leave them the way they come out of the engine. If you have had detonation, an experienced mechanic will see the grit on the electrodes...and be sure to number them like Tony said.

Damn I hope that it is an oil line or something minor...

By the way...buy the house...fix the truck out of disposable income...first things first...

My heart has a big crack in it from your post...just hoping for a surprise small problem.

Roy

Found the problem today:( :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I shouldn't have to explain what this pic is:eek:
Kyle and Monica 185.JPG

Looks like you killed your engine. Sorry. How many engines have went away with a Roe. I think I'm just going to stay N/A.

sleeper said:
Looks like you killed your engine. Sorry. How many engines have went away with a Roe. I think I'm just going to stay N/A.

YEP SURE DID:D Not sure on how many mine makes at least 4-5 that I know of:dontknow: Nobody really knows with a SC'r on a gen III how long it will last:( The guy that tuned it said it would be fine. Heck it only has 6k miles:(

kyle's srt10 said:
Found the problem today:( :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I shouldn't have to explain what this pic is:eek:
View attachment 26328

Damn.

I have a builder that is looking for a job to follow mine...he should be ready for a new one in a week or so...

I will pm you his name and phone.

Sorry Kyle.

Prof said:
Damn.

I have a builder that is looking for a job to follow mine...he should be ready for a new one in a week or so...

I will pm you his name and phone.

Sorry Kyle.

Thanks Roy;)

It's been a rough day:( I'll give ya a call here in a few. My fiances bachelorette party is tonight so I'm to myself this evening:D

FI engines on stock internals are at the bleeding edge.

Miles is not the issue...stress on the rods and pistons, amount of detonation (usually caused by timing that is too aggressive, or running lean), and dispersion of heat in the piston dome.

pm sent Kyle.

well im very sorry to read about your findings.....i just thank god mine didnot go threw the block

Block holes can be pretty easily repaired. It looks terrible, but this is an aluminum block...weld it, re-sleeve it and it works fine. While in there...forge everything. Build for 1200 rwhp and put 800 to the ground...overkill I know, but I love ample margins of safety.

you're welcome bo, jsut wish we were right in the beggining:(

but.........take care of the new woman, then the old girlfriend:D

proline:D

I am trying to go into this open minded:D Whats done is done I took the risk with stock internals and will pay for it:( Once I tear it down I can maybe get more details on what exactly happend:dontknow:

after take the motor out of the truck..an cloely inspecting it the block was damaged on the inside an did not crack.....an yes the best way to do an rebuild is open minded

Tooloe said:
...an yes the best way to do an rebuild is open minded

Once the damage is done, you can't look back. Now is the time to build the engine that you want...plan your work and work your plan.

This is the perfect opportunity to make lemonade out of a lemon of a situation.

Kyle...have fun doing this...you will be better for the experience, and your truck will be strong, very strong.

At this time it is still early to tell what I am going to do:dontknow: I do think that it will be awhile before I can fix it:( My fiance and I are looking at getting a house after the wedding and doing away with the rent:rock: At this time I can't let my truck get in the way of things. It's not a daily driver and I don't have to have it.

With all that being said I think once I get to it I may build it for a turbo:D That's what I wanted from the start and just couldn't afford it:( So don't be surprised if you see a Roe for sale in the next month or two;) I need some more down payment money for the house:eek: :D

sleeper said:
How much for the Roe?

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that:dontknow: That will be the first thing that comes off the motor. If I decide that's the route I want to go I'll post it up for sale.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back