GOOD NEWS! and bad news!!!!

That's what I had planned on just wanted to make sure I was correct:D I hope to get some pictures of the mess I have up tomorrow:argh:

Got the motor out:D Will start disassembly of motor today:( I'll get some pics up later of the damage:D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it was #3 that failed on mine:dontknow: Don't believe my block is usable:( The heads,crank,and camshaft I believe will be fine.

I believe the rod got the oil galley.You can see in the last pic:D
Kyle's pics 003.JPG

Kyle's pics 004.JPG

Kyle's pics 005.JPG

Kyle's pics 006.JPG

A lot of debris...be sure to check the journals very closely...

Did you find cracks in the divider between the two compression lands?

Prof said:
A lot of debris...be sure to check the journals very closely...

Did you find cracks in the divider between the two compression lands?

Haven't got that far yet:D We will finish tearing it down tomorrow. The even # cylinders are on driver side right?:dontknow:I can't remember for sure:argh: If so #4 is what went on mine

Damn Kyle... I didnt even see this thread until I saw the poll. Good luck on the rebuild. Did you get that motor for 4k?

TREKER said:
Damn Kyle... I didnt even see this thread until I saw the poll. Good luck on the rebuild. Did you get that motor for 4k?

I believe that is the route I will be going. I need to get it before it's gone:D

All this pricing stuff racking on my brain:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Maybe I should just sell it:dontknow: 20K:canabis: ... LOL!!!! I'd even let my new wheels go with it for that price:hmmmm: :D

i racked my brain for i dont know how many weeks an sleepless nights until i made up my mind an took it to the shop my motors at now i told them what numbers i was looking for what i wanted to do with thw truck an how i drove it.....an gave them my budget... an so far i couldnt have been happier they are not using top of the line stuff but its welll known callie rods an je pistons all forged for way less than i thought it would be...iv got 4200 tied into the motor now and thats machine work labor an parts for 4200bucks with a forged motor for that price i couldnt be happier..an a warrenty so im real happy lol

TheSickness said:
Damn Kyle I just ignored this thread up until now....and I am going to ignore it once again :p :D

HEY!!! You be nice. Your going to make me cry:( :( :p

ok well first off you have the roe USE IT! if not i'll be more than happy to take it off your hands! if your worried about priceing on parts an what not i just had my motor built for half of what everyone says it'll cost with a warrenty and forged rads and forged JE pistons shoot me a PM and ill get you a number and will give you the run down on my motor

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back