Got ER Done! VTCOA Super Snake Hood!!! Pic

Lets just add this to help this make more sense to the new guys.....

In a land far far away when the clans got along much better......

John (Supercar 1 of 1) and Stinker decided to make a hood. During the process divisions of vision and character, they went their seperate directions. John went with MV Performance and started building hoods right away and Stinker got with a company out in California to build his first that came out weeks later.

The very short story

J

I though roz did the orignal designs?

Yes that is true

The actual building of the hood is what I was refering too. If I could find it, Roz's original design was more square than rounded

I can't decide if the hood totally matches the truck- or doesn't at all. I want a new hood but I cant frikking decide. I need to see one in person!

Originally Roz, John, and Tony were working together on the hoods. Because of the decline in Johns health and a miscommunication or misunderstanding two hoods ended up being produced, one by MV Performance and one by JTS Venom Performance.
The hood Roz designed was more rounded and ended up being the JTS Venom Performance Hood. The squared off hood was the "Super Snake" that was built by MV Performance. Somewhere in the middle of it all the name stuck with Johns hood, but with the 3 vents and squared off design.

Roz design and at that point called the Super Snake. Notice rounded and 5 vents

VTCOA Super-Snake Hood (Prototype) - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America

the split

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/there-still-2-hood-manufactures-29096/

Last edited:
Originally Roz, John, and Tony were working together on the hoods. Because of the decline in Johns health and a miscommunication or misunderstanding two hoods ended up being produced, one by MV Performance and one by JTS Venom Performance.
The hood Roz designed was more rounded and ended up being the JTS Venom Performance Hood. The squared off hood was the "Super Snake" that was built by MV Performance. Somewhere in the middle of it all the name stuck with Johns hood, but with the 3 vents and squared off design.

VTCOA Super-Snake Hood (Prototype) - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America

the split

That works too...

Do you have a copy of Roz's original rendering he did in PS :dontknow:

It is important for people to know... I like both hoods and it would be very difficult for me to choose one over the other if asked. I just like the fact there are choices :D

the split

Just to be even more accurate wasn't the MV Performance hood wind tunnel tested to make the hood vent fully functional as a "Ram Air" design? Was the JTSVP hood wind tunnel tested or has it been confirmed to work for the "Ram Air" function and by who?

Our factory hoods allows the hot air in the engine bay to vent out only contrary to most people's thoughts of it being a functional "Ram Air" with the Volant CAI.

Just to be even more accurate wasn't the MV Performance hood wind tunnel tested to make the hood vent fully functional as a "Ram Air" design? Was the JTSVP hood wind tunnel tested or has it been confirmed to work for the "Ram Air" function and by who?

Our factory hoods allows the hot air in the engine bay to vent out only contrary to most people's thoughts of it being a functional "Ram Air" with the Volant CAI.

Wait, what? I thought the Volant added 223 HP to a factory engine??

kevin-malone-office-accountant.jpg

Just to be even more accurate wasn't the MV Performance hood wind tunnel tested to make the hood vent fully functional as a "Ram Air" design? .
I don't remember anything about that. Would love to see it if it was.

I remember that being tested. After I saw this... I GAVE my Volant away for free

I might. I will look tonight

Thanks Wes...

I know I have it, just can't find it. For the new guys I think it would help for them to see a little how this all came about.

The Super Snake hood will once again be produced? Is that true?

I just received my quote for the Super Snake hood from MV Performance yesterday and they are still in production. So, I'm confused. We have a new hood coming based on the hood already in production?

Or, is this a group buy on the hood that's already in production? If I can save money on the hood that I'm going to buy, I'm all for that.

I just received my quote for the Super Snake hood from MV Performance yesterday and they are still in production. So, I'm confused. We have a new hood coming based on the hood already in production?

Or, is this a group buy on the hood that's already in production? If I can save money on the hood that I'm going to buy, I'm all for that.

This group buy will be for this hood but with a few changes. Maybe Scott can elaborate on the differences.

Ah, ok, then I'm not going to order until I see what kind of discount there will be. That works for me.

The original Supersnake hood is being produced again and Venomous1 Racing will be a distributor for them as an alternative to our stock hoods. You will be able to save a lil bit for sure.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back