got my new race car

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I had been looking for over a month and finally found what I was looking for. I wanted a v8 with an auto so I could drag race at my track and compete. The ten did not fit this need cuz I shift like a nancy boy and really dont like beating up on it every month like that.

So I found a 2006 Mustang Gt with an auto. Only 16k miles on the odometer and in very good condition. I got a carfax and found out it has been on the dealers lot for 4 months. I went in drove it and was very unimpressed and left bummed out. This is no srt/10 with 4.88 gears! Well went back the next week with no expectations this time and actually enjoyed the test drive. They wanted $20k. I offered $15k and stood my ground. They kept playing the game but I wouldnt budge. They had come down to $16k but it wasnt enough so I walked. Two days later I called em up and offered to pay 400 less and they took it. So only $15,600 for a 06 gt with 16k miles. Blue book is $18k.

This car has a drive by wire deal which really sucks when your use to the torque we have in our tens. I am ordering 4.10 gears, a CAI, a TCI shifter and a sct with custom bamachips tunes. It is supposed to really wake it up. With those mods I should run middle to high 13's. Car already has a spintech exhaust so thats one thing I dont need to change. A really nice thing about modding a stang is that the mods are plentiful and way cheaper than our ten mods!! Check out this shifter.....it looks awesome....http://tciauto.com/Products/Shifters/streetfighter/

No worries.......not gonna sell my ten......that aint happening. Its just not my DD anymore. It will come out of the garage for those special days..

I am very stoked right now to be able to have two true American muscle cars at home. Its a good day!!:)

patrick

Attachments

• downsized_1006091551[1].jpg
    downsized_1006091551[1].jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 61
  • downsized_1006091701[1].jpg
    downsized_1006091701[1].jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 69
Yeah I think so. I kept telling em the car been sitting for 4 months. I really did not care if I bought it till today when we made the deal. I feel very good about my purchase. Dang thing looks and feels brand new. Engine bay is spotless.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yeah I think so. I kept telling em the car been sitting for 4 months. I really did not care if I bought it till today when we made the deal. I feel very good about my purchase. Dang thing looks and feels brand new. Engine bay is spotless.

patrick

And you got the fastest color:burnout: :D

Nice looking car Patrick. You are going to find a shit load of parts out there that you can buy for those cars to improve the performance. Hell, even Ford sells them.

Keep us informed on how it goes.

Almost forgot. Congratulations.:congrats: :rock:

Congrats Patrick. Cheap go fast parts for that things. Don't get the 10 jealous.

Patrick your approach to your SRT 10 seems to be the direction that more and more of us are taking. The bottom line is that our trucks are not the greatest drag racing solution, they are wonderful street trucks, but just too rare and exotic to be daily drivers.

I think we can call ourselves Fair Weather Viper Truck Cruisers...VTC's for short!

Grats man!!! :rock:

You now have a new mod hobby :D Predict forced induction in your future ;)

Sweet deal, even for a furd :p The aftermarket is crazy on those cars, hell summit has a whole section in their catalog devoted to the mustang. Enjoy the ride:burnout:

Looks great, Patrick. My Dad has a '08 GT/CS Vert and I can't help but be impressed by it. The fit, finish, and ride is top notch! .... Almost German build quality. There is sooooo much stuff for them too. :D :rock: Check out Saleen's SC. ;) But, first thing is gonna have to be exhaust. Nothing sounds better (IMO) than a Mustang with a good exhaust system. :) That ratchet shift is SAWEEET too! :rock:

Congrats! And keep us updated on the progress. :burnout:

with drag slicks it should be mid-low 13sec car stock, i remember an article when that body style came out(in 04, i had an 02 GT at teh time) and they changed the wheels out for some light weight skinnys and slicks, took off the front sway bar, put a CAI on it and a tune. i'm wanting to say that got them in the 12's, then the 4.10's put them even deeper into the 12's

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
with drag slicks it should be mid-low 13sec car stock, i remember an article when that body style came out(in 04, i had an 02 GT at teh time) and they changed the wheels out for some light weight skinnys and slicks, took off the front sway bar, put a CAI on it and a tune. i'm wanting to say that got them in the 12's, then the 4.10's put them even deeper into the 12's

They don't seem that fast to me.... :dontknow: :eek: But, who knows. They are only 300hp... :eek:

Black1 said:
They don't seem that fast to me.... :dontknow: :eek: But, who knows. They are only 300hp... :eek:
buddy of mine bought one when they came out in 04, all he did was put a set of DR's on it and it went 13.53, his was a 5speed.
Maui, is that a 4 speed auto or 5 speed auto? i know the v6's come with a 5 speed

5 speed auto. Torque curve is flat so its very misleading. It doesnt hammer you into the back of the seat like the ten does. This car should do a low 14 in its current form. Next race day is Oct 17, I will know then.

300 HP and with me in it about 3500 lbs. Arrestmered is correct with some bolt ons, tune and DR's high 12's is possible.

One of the 6 or 7 supercharges available will blast it down the track into the 12's also.

Tranny is suppose to be strong and can handle abuse. We shall see. I bought this car to beat on. Its gonna be a blast.

It already has spintech mufflers and an xpipe on it so the tone is really good.

patrick

Prof said:
Patrick your approach to your SRT 10 seems to be the direction that more and more of us are taking. The bottom line is that our trucks are not the greatest drag racing solution, they are wonderful street trucks, but just too rare and exotic to be daily drivers.

I think we can call ourselves Fair Weather Viper Truck Cruisers...VTC's for short!

you can say that again - i use to drive mine everyday but after seeing all the misfortune of some other member and friends i only take it out on sundays

i think in the last 3 mths i have drove my truck a hand full of times

i just dont want to distroy it

condragz on the stang... wish you the best of luck with it :)

mauiSRT/10 said:
5 speed auto. Torque curve is flat so its very misleading. It doesnt hammer you into the back of the seat like the ten.

patrick

The gt500 slams you back into the seat:D whoever said they came out in 04 the first year for that body style was 05. Maybe you meant the 05's came out in 04:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back