great dilemma...

belgiumbarry said:
so yes, "tonight " we are heading the beemer towords south for a week med cruising and some maintenance work! :rock: :D
Only problem : i just don't see how we are gonne get all that stuff gathered in the car.... :eek: :( o well, we'll have to choose , rest can come along next time .

i'm dreaming.........:p :p :p :D
View attachment 36129

Until the mooring line snaps and cuts that girl's leg off. :eek: :D ;)

hey Glad you bought it, I'm only a few hours away, I can keep it clean and entertain your crew while your're away :)))

we had a wonderfull week, nice weather, great trip with the Beemer... and alot of maintenance to be done. As expected on a boat not used for the past 2 years. Hauled him for underwater high pressure cleaning and anodes, changed oils and filters, cleaned the interior... test motoring , filled the diesel tanks.
Only problem is the engine room in where i can't go around the engines for maintenance and eventually repairs ( also the hydraulic tilts, flaps and steering ) due the boiler and 220V 4KVA diesel generator they have mounted in the way... which can be reached but not the more important 2 engines and boat accesoires... even the 2 sterndrive monitor oil bottles were empty and couldn't be reached in no way for filling !
So i got home with some doubts... and now think i'm gonne remove all that luxury equipment to have at least a possibility to maintain the primary tech installation. Even on starboard there are jerrycans water stored to keep the boat a bit level, compensating the heavy generator on portside ! This is no good seamanschip ! And for what :dontknow: to have the 5 evenings we will anchor a year some extra lights and coffee/cuisine ?? Not for us . ;)

Then there's the boiler heated by engine water or electricity ... i think useless on a motorboat in warm climate. Why carrying (100 gallons ? ) of cold water which you don't use without heating it a little :dontknow: Asume, as we do ,we don't drink of it ! ( reservoir contamination due long storage times ) so i'm thinking of installing a circulation pump and heat exchanger ( very small items ) to heat the entire watertank with engine water just to a comfortable temperature to use it for showering and washing, for which the water at the end is 99% used... must not even be hot, just break the "cold".

So again i have my own wishes to change things on board.... have some weight savings and room for more important maintenace !

One seen problem is the starboard sterndrive steering play ... looked at sites and that possible gimbal problem story isn't attracting me for doing this year... Portside is OK, so i will connect the 2 sterndrives outside with a tie rod ( as racing applications ) to help it for the time beeing... perhaps we can let it repair next winter. Not definetly sure but i guess it are Mercruiser Alpha I Gen II drives. ( Boat is from 1992) .

And now it's hot over there to really "work" ! :D :D :D

PS ofcourse we had at regular times our portion fish and wines...:p :p :D

santee.jpg

proefvaart.jpg

werken.jpg

wind.jpg

avond.jpg

Pics of wife on the bow without clothes????

I remember you saying that was possible!

Old farts like me never forget things like that!

Get her done and meet me in Marathon!

Prof said:
Pics of wife on the bow without clothes????

I remember you saying that was possible!

Old farts like me never forget things like that!

Get her done and meet me in Marathon!

sorry Prof, couldn't get her in my favorite pic snap... :eek: :( :p :p :D :rock:

think she's getting old :dontknow: ;)

that is the one i was allowed ! to take.... :argh:
sandra.jpg

we were lucky.... :eek:

so this summer we've been boating for almost 4 weeks , leaving the harbor at a sunday, driving home which is about a 12 hour drive.

The following thuesdaymorning there was a fire in the harbor, destroying about 10 boats ... luckly at the other side , where the smaller boats are . :(

46fc121421.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back