Gt500 or SRT

walenator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I have been blessed with a new job, and I'm thinking of a daily driver. The truck is in the garage. What I'm thinking is a 2008 GT500 Mustang or 2009 SRT8 Challenger, or an RS32 Volkswagen. Or maybe another car of non decscipt

Last edited:
local dealer has a nice gt500 asking 41k...white with blue stripes coupe...

i can ask...

the v dubs are "quick" to say the least...but are a tad on the pricey side...

and congrats on the new job, wally...pcb this year? :D :D

The challenger with a stick, a tuner and a little giggle juice !! more roomy than the mustang and rides better !

I was thinking the GT 500 and having a 1000 HP in the garage. I just got some wood from that thought.

srt8..... 925 N/A hp in the garage still not bad, and chally look alot better and not as many on the road as rustangs

Go with the Challenger, black with blacked out lights and de-badged, predator tuner and a shot of spray gets you in the 11's.

GT5OO .. And it will hold more value challys are nice but every where you look you see 6 bangers with 24's on them kinda playing them out at least up my way

SRT 8 Challenger with a 6 speed and add a Kenne Bell.

does your daily driver have to have 500 horsepower ? why not a Volt? I guess if gas $$ isn't an issue. I personally like the saleen mustangs.

Just think if you got a Volt you could put that money you would be spending on gas into your truck.

But who am I kidding, my next car is going to be a cobra mustang so I can have 2 snakes in my garage:rock::rock::rock:

Me and a friend were talking about something like this today.

I would pick the mustang gt 5.0

mid 12's bone stock, full new chassis design which ford did a very good job at.

like 30K brand new, beat the dealer up and get it cheaper :) And I have only seen 2 of them where I live compared to 20,000 challys.

Biggest thing is to get what you want bro.

Biggest thing is to get what you want bro.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

90% of the guys on this site will say Challenger... and indeed it is an awesome car. So is the GT500.

I think my GT500 is great, and would not sell it to buy a Challenger. I had a 425hp (6.1) 300C SRT-8 for two years, and it was a good car. While I understand the Challenger is more of a sportscar than the 300C version, I would take the GT500.

Just my opinion.

My buddy has a Red with White stripes '08 Shelby GT500. It is a bad@ss car.
He ended up installing a Kenne Bell 2.8 supercharger, fuel system, th-400 transmission, 9" rear, & some other goodies! He ran 9.50 @ 142 mph with the car 2 months ago with a stock bottom end!

Spring10Rental05.jpg

That is a pretty damn nice looking car! I always like the srt8 chargers, so that would be my choice.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back