Guys I wanta know what everyone thinks?!

Wizza,
Don't sell the truck bro.....I dont think nyour mom would want that. Seek all other options first and maybe will put together a Wizzyfund from some of us "less financially strapped" boys. Call Nowwhat, he has more money than god:D :call:

my mother in law went through something similiar last year she set it up to pay them 50.00 a month they had no problem with it im sure they were proud to be getting anything im sure they are left holding the bag from a lot of people who cant pay.sorry to hear about your mother hope everything works out. your right, you got to take care of mom

Wizzy - I'm sorry to hear about this man. I will pray for you Mom. Its all pretty much been summed up here. We had a major event 3 years ago are racked up like $250k in hosp bills. They will work with you. Especially if you mother has no income of her own. They normally have a financial advisor and/or social worker on call at the hospital that can help point you in the right direction.

All the best...T

Wizzy, I'm sorry to come to this thread late. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother, those are some tough times...been there. We're here for you brother...

With respect to her medical bills, I doubt very seriously that you are legally obligated to pay them. You may feel morally obligated to do so, that makes you a good man, but there's no need to ruin yourself financially to take care of them. Follow the advice others have posted, all of it's good. Go see a lawyer first and make sure that you are/are not legally bound. If you are not, then if you still want to pay them, or even if you are bound, go to the hospital and tell them you'll send them what you can each month, they aren't going to say no, the option is they get zero. They deal with this everyday, they know the score.

Getting here late to Wizzer.There has been some excellent advice posted on here regarding avenues to pursure.The moral /legal one being a key.There are programs to help in situations like these.

Keep your head up and you will get it sorted out.There is no need to sell your truck unless you just want to.It is your decision and i`m sure you will make a wise one.We are all thinking about you.

Sorry to hear about this Wizz. I know alot of good advice has already been passed. Just put your Mom first. Everything else is superficial. ;)

Hope it works out for you.

I think all the advice has been handled, so I wiil just say I hope you mother comes through this OK.

Bill.

Wizzy. You have been given some great advice and I do not have alot to add, except you have my thoughts and prayers while you deal with this. Prof's advice was very sound. You need to speak with a social worker as they are very experienced in dealing with the details of agencies and the hospital. Please check the bill in detail and if you need help in understanding if the charges are reasonable, PM me.

Wizzy, I'm a hospital administrator and the advice given to contact the hospitals financial department is solid. That should be your first call before any decisions are made. If you have the ability to offer a cash settlement, they most likely will be eager to reduce their outstanding A/R. Hospital bills depreciate at an alarming rate. Another alternative is that most hospitals are very happy to extend payments over long periods of time without interest or penalties! I would strongly suggest contacting them regarding options for your moms expenses. Understand also, they are going to base their decision not on your financial ability, but your moms, and will appreciate your responsible nature in wanting to ensure the bill is taken care of as best as possible. just .02 cents.

Oh, and yes very good advice to completely go over the itemized billing, as well as if any and all insurance coverages have been exhausted in accordance with your moms benefits. Always a good idea!

Good luck.

Last edited:
MacksSrt said:
Wizzy, I'm a hospital administrator and the advice given to contact the hospitals financial department is solid. That should be your first call before any decisions are made. If you have the ability to offer a cash settlement, they most likely will be eager to reduce their outstanding A/R. Hospital bills depreciate at an alarming rate. Another alternative is that most hospitals are very happy to extend payments over long periods of time without interest or penalties! I would strongly suggest contacting them regarding options for your moms expenses. Understand also, they are going to base their decision not on your financial ability, but your moms, and will appreciate your responsible nature in wanting to ensure the bill is taken care of as best as possible. just .02 cents.

Oh, and yes very good advice to completely go over the itemized billing, as well as if any and all insurance coverages have been exhausted in accordance with your moms benefits. Always a good idea!

Good luck.

Thanks for the *insides!

Sorry Bill, this one slipped by me. These guys sound like they know what there talking about. I am very sorry to hear this. You've got my number bud, give me a call when you have the time.

guys I have good news... .I called the hospital and talked to them and they said they'd handle it all.... Free of charge...Apperently the hospital had someone donate a crap loads of cash or something and wanted it for someone that was needy and apparently my mom was their choice some how. I am keeping my truck... Thanks guys for the support!!!! I really feel touched that you all were behind me!!!!

WizzySRT10 said:
guys I have good news... .I called the hospital and talked to them and they said they'd handle it all.... Free of charge...Apperently the hospital had someone donate a crap loads of cash or something and wanted it for someone that was needy and apparently my mom was their choice some how. I am keeping my truck... Thanks guys for the support!!!! I really feel touched that you all were behind me!!!!

Right on Wizzy!!! - glad to see you posting with such good news, and hopefully your nut sack isn't to sore from sitting on it! :rock: :rock: :rock:

WizzySRT10 said:

Damn I love it when a plan comes together. Way to go Wizzy!!!!!!!

WizzySRT10 said:

The Lord works in mysterious ways, my friend. Glad to see that it has been taken care-of. :)

Glad to hear things worked out for you and your mom.:cool: Good things happen to good people.:) And that probably explains why I have such bad luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back