Hand Held Flash Programmers now available for all SRT Trucks!

375577.jpg

Quick

Okay I have a question.

Whenever setting up the tunes for this is outside air temp and altitude taking into consideration?

The reason I am asking is there are no tune shops near me to setup a tune on this with the correct variables and if DC is setting up the tunes just off of what mods you have on your vehicles using the variables from their shop aren't we getting a bad tune? Or is this something we can change with the handheld device? Or am I totally clueless??? Someone please help.

bub180jp said:
Okay I have a question.

Whenever setting up the tunes for this is outside air temp and altitude taking into consideration?

The reason I am asking is there are no tune shops near me to setup a tune on this with the correct variables and if DC is setting up the tunes just off of what mods you have on your vehicles using the variables from their shop aren't we getting a bad tune? Or is this something we can change with the handheld device? Or am I totally clueless??? Someone please help.

yeah me to:confused:

Make that me three - but I'm figuring that if I say "91 octane, K&N CAI, Mopar/Borla cat back, mostly 5,500 altitude and temps ranging from 22-100 deg F" -- that might help.... yes???

Also, if I have to go to dealer for warranty service and set the SCT back to factory settings, will the dealer be able to tell the controller was modified at one point???

Last edited:
bub180jp said:
Okay I have a question.

For the most part, the factory JTEC engine control module does a very good job of compensating for altitude and temperature. Dodge had to make sure that your vehicle would run within a very narrow operating range whether you were at sea level, or eight thousand feet in the mountains. The only time this is not true, is when we install forced induction, because this defeats some of the routines that the ecu uses to calculate barometric pressure.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Thanks for the info.

I have another question.

So buying this handheld programmer for an R/C the only thing I am going to gain is better Air/Fuel Mapping and Ignition Timing? Am I correct on saying that?

You might be missing the point here :nurse: .....the SCT-Programmer only uploads tunes to your Truck that have been downloaded to the SCT-Programmer.
Now if your tuner has improved your mapping and air/fuel, then that will be uploaded to your Truck. :elefant:
Your gonna have to put YOUR Truck on the dyno and get a tune. :rock:
Then your Tuck will have the best tune for your area of the United States.

Quick

bub180jp said:
Thanks for the info.

I have another question.

So buying this handheld programmer for an R/C the only thing I am going to gain is better Air/Fuel Mapping and Ignition Timing? Am I correct on saying that?
Now with that being said....you have your Truck dyno'd where you live and send the results to dcperformance and they will set-up a tune for your Truck.
They'll load your SCT-Programmer with that tune as well as two others, race/gas, bad/gas, ect.

Quick

bub180jp said:
Thanks for the info.

I have another question.

We make a lot of changes besides adjusting the main fuel and timing lookup tables. Enrichment strategy, decel fuel cut, rev limit, cooling fan adjustment, and other changes that help maintain consistent performance, not just dyno power numbers, can be changed according to the application.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

The intent is not to hurt DC sales....I will follow their advice and if DC wishes they may PM my response and I will keep it private. We have very few srt-10 ram vendors and I respect the time and effort they devote to my obsession and would never want to do anything which may hinder this.

My question is, are these programmers vin specific? I have another local member who may want to split with me and we have different setups so will need to buy additional programs to suit each of our needs. We are happy to pay for the separate programs from DC we are just wondering if we can avoid buying two programmers and just buy 1 and different programs specific to our setups. I am saving to get blown (if sales are good, juiced as well) this winter while the truck is supposed to be sleeping and every penny I can save will help.

The best part about moving back to Canada is I now have 4-5 months with my truck sitting in the garage. This sounds to most like it may be a negative but the winter months are my highest earning months. So.....I make more money and just happen to have my baby sitting on jack stands waiting for mods.

Thanks DC and as many have said "I've been waiting for this for a LONG time". Long live DC and long live technology.

Brad

Thanks for the response everyone. We should have the rest of our SRT Ram calibrations ready next week in SCT Programmer form (I will contact all those who we have not been helped).

The programs are vehicle specific, the only way someone else can use your calibration is to reload your stock tune with the programmer and give it someone else, in other words the program stays with the programmer.

For those interested, we still offer programming of your controller and new-programmed controllers if you wish.

Dan Cragin

DC Performance Flash Programmer Group Buy:

1:Skyydiver
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

except for custom tunings... the programmer is the same...

I'll buy it, so put me on the list :)

It is going to be hard to get the programmer price below $650, with the price of the hand held and the time it takes to convert our proven files over to download there is not much profit involved. For those interested in a value, we have now lowered our regular flash programs (for your computer) to $450
(no charge for three day shipping).

Dan Cragin
310-841-6996

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back