Harland Sharp roller rockers

GenIII's have like 3 different lengths on pushrods to start with if im not mistaken.

GenIII's have like 3 different lengths on pushrods to start with if im not mistaken.

you are correct sir ,,
after watching vid again i see he tightend the nut with just a box end wrench ,,my question is did you torque them down with a torque wrench to make sure they were to spec ,,having three come loose makes me wonder ,,,when i installed mine i put a drop of blue lock tight on nut and stem ,,never had a single one come loose in three years of use ,,:dontknow:

not sure but if you look up the specs for the rods you will see different range of sizes ,,maybe its in the difference of the lifters ..its not a large size diff but needs to be checked none the less ,,

you are correct sir ,,
after watching vid again i see he tightend the nut with just a box end wrench ,,my question is did you torque them down with a torque wrench to make sure they were to spec ,,having three come loose makes me wonder ,,,when i installed mine i put a drop of blue lock tight on nut and stem ,,never had a single one come loose in three years of use ,,:dontknow:

i dont think there is a recommended TQ spec for the H/S's...i think that you tighten them to "0" lash...then 1 or 1.5 turns. Although stinker only goes 3/4 of a turn...as did i with my H/S's.

push rods must be anytime you go to a performance rocker especially that is adjustable you have to measure for the push rod, if you have don them long enough some may know, but its stilll best to measure for them
even when we use the cometic gaskets we still measure for the push rod length, ratios usually dont change , but mass production can cause variables, its allways best to check, sorta like bearings you dont jsut install and hope they fit because bob at autozone said they computer said they would work

push rods must be anytime you go to a performance rocker especially that is adjustable you have to measure for the push rod, if you have don them long enough some may know, but its stilll best to measure for them
even when we use the cometic gaskets we still measure for the push rod length, ratios usually dont change , but mass production can cause variables, its allways best to check, sorta like bearings you dont jsut install and hope they fit because bob at autozone said they computer said they would work

don't be dissin BOB:D

The Bob down here couldn't even get me the right wiper blades. Don't think I would trust him with anything about my engine.

I found this discussion very interesting. Just postet a summary -translatet to german :)- at dodge-forum.eu for the german Vipertruck owners. by surprise some of us are not able to read your english...:D

Now I know that I have to disassemble the bufflers, I will not install the Harland Sharps. Don't want to have a catch can instead.

Same with the fast- and slowbleed lifters. I'm still not shure wether it's possible to change them without removing the heads. But very helpfull posts so far.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back