Has anybody ever raced a 2005 Mustang Gt

sirhc76 said:
What about a stock 04 cobra in my QC? I have a friend at work with one and he never talks crap. Another guy we work with just got a 02 or so Lightning and during conversation the cobra guy said he has taken a few vipers. I kept my mouth shut since I knew no better but it didnt seem legit?
My friend went 12.8 in his 03 Cobra 100% bone stock. Saw one guy running 12.6's with just the mufflers cutoff. If he is taking out Vipers he has either a ported blower, small pulley, tune and exhaust or a KB or Whipple supercharger upgrade. If it is all stock the Viper story is BS.

SWIFT said:
My friend went 12.8 in his 03 Cobra 100% bone stock. Saw one guy running 12.6's with just the mufflers cutoff. If he is taking out Vipers he has either a ported blower, small pulley, tune and exhaust or a KB or Whipple supercharger upgrade. If it is all stock the Viper story is BS.
It could be .... we watched Robert spank a 1999 GTS Viper in the 1/4 mile ... the guy drove almost as well as Stinker:D :D

I spanked two of them at the local 1/8th track last night in my QC. All I have is the stage 2 PCM. They were running mid to low 9's. I was runnning between 8.6(fastest) and 8.8.:burnout:

My buddy has an an 06 GT with mid pipes exhaust intake race suspension diablo programmer and drag radials. He ran 13.0 on motor to my 12.9.

He put only a 100 shot in and ran a 12.0......I needed a 150 shot to match that time.

NBT said:
Ran one down at the dragstrip...no problem. I was still N/A at the time.
Srtvenomous has the vid.

here is the link...

www.venomous.biz is the webpage go to movies.. think the movie is called srt vs cobra or something like that....

here is another link direct to the movie not sure if it will work try it...

http://www.venomous.biz/Movies/SRT-10%20Ram/Notnbutrouble%20srt-10.mpg

you might have to right click on the link and ... Save Target As ,,,, then watch it from your pc.. it acting up for me.. but try it

Last edited:
DrPierceMD said:
I spanked two of them at the local 1/8th track last night in my QC. All I have is the stage 2 PCM. They were running mid to low 9's. I was runnning between 8.6(fastest) and 8.8.:burnout:
I live in Nashville and have been to that Clarksville dragstrip once. I wont make that mistake again. You should come to Union Hill on Friday nights. Much better track.

SWIFT said:
I live in Nashville and have been to that Clarksville dragstrip once. I wont make that mistake again. You should come to Union Hill on Friday nights. Much better track.

I gonna have to check it out.....Is it a 1/4 track or an 1/8th?

DrPierceMD said:
I gonna have to check it out.....Is it a 1/4 track or an 1/8th?
It is a 1/8 mile track but they just redid the whole track in concrete over the winter and its starting to hook really well.
I belive the link is www.musiccityraceway.com

Guys I have one for you, 9.47@147MPH on our 325/45R17 in a 05 stang.

John
M&H

SrtBrad said:
When I was at a carwash a guy with his new Shelby Mustang wanted to race for pinks. I told him he was probably going to win hands down so I backed down. Was I right?

Yes good move, the guy I was talking about has a 1000 HP under that bad boy. If you look in a car and you see a roll bar that will tell you something. I have one more racer that has 1,700 HP and he has not seen the track yet.:eek:

John
M&H

SlicksMH said:
Yes good move, the guy I was talking about has a 1000 HP under that bad boy. If you look in a car and you see a roll bar that will tell you something. I have one more racer that has 1,700 HP and he has not seen the track yet.:eek:

John
M&H

Let me know when he will race.:idea: I'll put ibstone in front of his car. Then I will race for pinks.:D

ViperPoweredRam said:
I know this guy here in town who has a mustang GT,very nice, he thinks that it is the fastest thing to ever come along. He has a full exhaust, a shaker hood, and a CAI on it. I don't think that he would even be in the same area code as me after the race but he seams to think so. I have a QC with magnaflow muffler, a drop in filter, and a PCM flash. How do you think that the race would end up.

Yes, I have. He pulled in behind me on a dual left turn. His plan was to pull along side me when he could and then go driving by me. Well he did get beside me just before we both nailed it. I briefly saw his Dean Martin sunglasses and driving gloves then he saw my tail lights through his windshield. He was approx. 8 lengths behind at 110 m.p.h. then he gave up. It was a fun race but not much of a contest.

Mustang G.T.s run 13.8 or so AT SEA LEVEL but they don't run that here.

I had a 2000 Mustang GT, first time ever at a track I ran a 14.1 with a 2.2 60 foot, and missed 3rd(undrdrive pulleys, exhaust)! Any mustang auto is sloooow, I think a newer model 5 spd GT could run 13.8 stock. An 1/8 mile would be a better race for a QC, but once you get that speed up you are basically driving a barn!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back