hawk02's build thread....

And lastly all new EBC GreenStuff 6000 pads, new rear rotors, resurfaced front rotors and DupliColor red caliper and bracket refinishing....PITA!!

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010016.JPG

Forgot front and rear Energy Suspension sway bar bushings and brackets(no pics???) If I remember anything else I will post up later, with or without pics.......

Awesome Chris! You have definitely put a lot of time and effort into the truck and it shows!

Thanks Andy, hope you keep yours...... Is the grill done yet??????

I finished it tonight. I have a bunch more stuff to finish on my thread before I get to the grill. :D

Time consuming isn't it!!!!! I still think I missed some stuff...LOL I'll have to walk around the truck tomorrow and see.......

Sweet job on the Brakes Hawk man ............... PITA I know ...

Jim

OK, busy few days...ceramic coated OE exhaust manifolds with SS hardware(no more ugly rusty one's or heat shields) and re plumed my catch can(after taking it all apart to clean it inside and out) with real AN hose and fittings, anodized black. Started installing my JMB tanks and the manifolds were easier, washer fluid one not too bad, coolant on the other hand PITA!!!!! As nice as Justin makes them, instructions would be nice($319), it does not mount to the same spot and also if you already have hard pipes the upper one has to be removed to get the OE tank out.....rant over for now...lol Pics of the tanks tomorrow, I think I should be done, these pics for now, lots more to come in the next few weeks.....BTW if you have hydrodipped hard pipes chances are they will leak no matter how tight they are and when you have to remove them the dip peals off:mad:I will be using a sealer when I reinstall it tomorrow.......
P1010004.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010002.JPG

Hawk,

Dand Mang, Those ceramic coated manifolds look great. "Ride" looking really nice.

UIH,

Butch

Last edited:
OK, busy few days...ceramic coated OE exhaust manifolds with SS hardware(no more ugly rusty one's or heat shields) and re plumed my catch can(after taking it all apart to clean it inside and out) with real AN hose and fittings, anodized black. Started installing my JMB tanks and the manifolds were easier, washer fluid one not too bad, coolant on the other hand PITA!!!!! As nice as Justin makes them, instructions would be nice($319), it does not mount to the same spot and also if you already have hard pipes the upper one has to be removed to get the OE tank out.....rant over for now...lol Pics of the tanks tomorrow, I think I should be done, these pics for now, lots more to come in the next few weeks.....BTW if you have hydrodipped hard pipes chances are they will leak no matter how tight they are and when you have to remove them the dip peals off:mad:I will be using a sealer when I reinstall it tomorrow.......
View attachment 53880

View attachment 53877

View attachment 53882

View attachment 53881

View attachment 53879

View attachment 53878

Those manifolds look nice man, everybody should do this mod. High Temp paint?? Did you use OEM gaskets??

I was going to point these http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/percys-vibe-lock-header-bolts-56015/ out to you the other day but got sidetracked.
Just got mine in and they are superb.

Thanks, they are "Cool Chrome" coated, similar to JetHot, did all SS bolts and washers and yes OEM layered steel gaskets, $40ea but worth not having to do it again..... Gonna keep the fender liners out and do a few heat/cool down cycles and recheck all bolts one last time. Should have some pics of the JMB tanks later today. Gotta win a few more shows this season...LOL

I got those header bolts when I did headers on my Hemi ram and the bolt heads were too small, fell through the holes.........

JMB tanks installed and reinstalled upper hard pipe after scuffing and sealing with black silicone gasket sealer(we'll see if there are no more drips...lol)

P1010004.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010001.JPG

Couple of interior pieces, SneakyPete steering wheel badge, SRT-10 door panel badges, billet headrest spacers....Popped the ram head wheel badge right off with my fingers:rock:read a lot of stories on prying it off but it was the easiest thing in the past 3 days...lol.

P1010004.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Outstanding work Chris ....... Under the hood lookin really sweet Buddy. The manifolds came out great man. Trophy class ride for sure Bud.

Finished my Battery enclosure and new billet case. Putting the reservoirs in and hard hose (that I will use sealer on) in tomorrow. I'll post up pics when done.

Jim

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back