Head Change.....***NEW INFO***

spdrcrj said:
I'm going to check one more thing......pushrod length. I bought some hardened pushrods. Just gonna make sure they are the stock length. Could this be causing my condition if they are not?
there are 3 sets of lengths for the stock pushrods

spdrcrj said:
the comp cams pushrods are 7.600 and the book calls for 7.607-7.627 (I think).

Could the rocker arm "ratio" possibly be a factor here, if they are not stock rocker arms??:dontknow:

PS: As far as push rod length is concerned.

supercar1of1 said:

Could the rocker arm "ratio" possibly be a factor here, if they are not stock rocker arms??:dontknow:

PS: As far as push rod length is concerned.

Stock rocker arms my friend.

did ya get the O2 sensor/code fixed?????

Basic principle to live "KISS" KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID some times we over think problems and make them more difficult then they are. If you have a bad PCM and it is quit possible that the tuner even though you put it back stock, could have corrupted your stock codes that what it sounds like, IOM. I do this to myself sometimes on a daily basis, electrical problems I jump the gun and go digging when always the first step is battery and charging first then go from there. You did all the test for mechanical faliure but, if the PCM or ECU has corrupt parameters you will drive yourself mad. I hope your still covered under some sort of warranty because those aren't cheap. Keep us posted. we'll get you through this. Just take a step back take big hit of.. oh I mean take a deep breath and relax.

LOL....Devil....I hear ya on "KISS". A new "generic" PCM flashed by my dealer will run me $420. Gonna have it towed to my friends performance shop and have them look at it. They have a better trained eye than I do, maybe they'll find something I missed. I just got final word today that I'm leaving in 12 days so I need transportation and don't have time to deal with this anymore. Hope it's something simple. But I'm still not "KISS"ing the mechanic who finds it......unless it's Stinker. LOL!!!!! :laugh:

Disconnect your 02 sensors and pull the exhaust mainfoilds back, start the engine and let it run for a min or so check to see if your slobbering fuel out the exhaust, exhaust at all. By the sounds you did everything right you said your getting fuel to all cylinder and your getting spark so i would double check your wiring harness to the injectors make sure they are on the right cylinder etc. Also check plug wires at the cylinder and at the coils. ill put money on its one of the things mentioned above. A "tune" will not help, you just put heads on thats not that drastic of a change and the computer will operate fine. if the truck ran fine before the head swap it should run fine after . your ecm/pcm is fine. look at your plugs in the picture i can glance at two of them and see the 2 holes are not firing at all and the some others are being over fueled.

So you traded for a ZO6?:confused: Did you get the truck fixed first:dontknow: Hope they didn't RAPE you:D

He traded me for it not running. He is got alot going on with the Air Force and really wanted to get back into a Z06. Jim and I have been friends for a long time so we traded them out and I'll fix the truck. I'm in the process of putting the stock heads back on it now with the 918 springs and hardened pushrods in case I want to put a cam in it later.

Are you the same John with XXX? If so I'm the one with the silver QC and turbo. You helped me out with a leak down test last year.

That is me buddy! Between your turbo truck, Paul, and Jim I just couldn't stand it anymore. Always loved these trucks, so when the opp came up I jumped in. We will have to get up and ride over the PC meeting together.

Cool, Welcome!!! We have to have a P-cola GTG once I get my truck back. There are 3 other SRT-10's here in Milton. I talked with two and left a note on the other's truck. They still have not checked in here.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back