Head Gaskets

Slitherbeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the cometics .027" thick head gaskets? I understand they will raise compression about a full point! Just wondering if it is tune able on pump gas

Tearing the heads off is no big deal if you're doing a cam swap. The heads could then be gasket matched and polished and the springs replaced to match the cam. The cam,alittle bump in compression ,alittle port work ,roller rockers and hardened pushrods and some tuning,should be knocking on the door of 500 RW HP. It is alot of work but could be done in a couple weekends including some powdercoating . Just wondering if the pistons would take the extra abuse if the gasoline wasn't octaned enough. Highest we have here is 94 but with 10% ethanol.

Last edited:
nobody pays too much attention , but

our ported heads, cam , valve springs, push rods, oem tb, oem air intake and air filter thru an automatic, and on a sh$t dyno that was (as we have found out recently ) reading very low, its been tweaked some since then and shes putting out a bit higher now, but its not bad, our kit will probably run with cam , springs, push rods , gaskets, installed for around 3k

100_2273.jpg

nobody pays too much attention , but

our ported heads, cam , valve springs, push rods, oem tb, oem air intake and air filter thru an automatic, and on a sh$t dyno that was (as we have found out recently ) reading very low, its been tweaked some since then and shes putting out a bit higher now, but its not bad, our kit will probably run with cam , springs, push rods , gaskets, installed for around 3k

100_2273.jpg

Nice smooooooth graph right there

Now that's what I am talking about!!! Exactly what I was hoping for! 500 and 500! Awesome!!

Last edited:
515 to 550? About what would it be without install? That'd be a worthwhile gain for the money:rock:

we are doing figures now, chris is comming up first of feb for an install, and we will use his for concrete results, after that I will have pricing on jsut the actual kit boss

we are doing figures now, chris is comming up first of feb for an install, and we will use his for concrete results, after that I will have pricing on jsut the actual kit boss

Would the kit include a new program for sct tuned for the mods? Would one of your new t.b.'s be in one of the packages? Can't wait to see results :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back